Geno's telephone congratulations to Mo'ne Davis dubbed a "violation"[merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno's telephone congratulations to Mo'ne Davis dubbed a "violation"[merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since the complaint was filed with the AAC, I guessing it must have been Jamelle. :rolleyes:

U

UCONNfan1

Five bucks says it was Holly Warlick.....;):p

Yup I went there..... :D
Actually I'd bet it wasn't her so she could claim plausible deniability. But I'm betting it was someone who wears pumpkin puke orange that did make the call...

Reaction Score
Well given how the NCAA dealt with the men's team's academic issue, I'd say we're scrooooooooed!

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I woke up for this?

At least they didn't call the FBI.

The University of Anonymous ( the Squealers) is well known for its high pitched calls to the AAC.

Reaction Score
question:

Even if you thought the Phone call was fishy, wouldn't you check the rules or check with someone who knew the rules first?

Doesn't every school have a compliance person? Isn't that where this complaint would have come from?

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball-blog/hc-hcmonellgeno-20140903,0,2347821.story

Auriemma said the complaining school is under no obligation to publically idenfity itself after making the complaint.

If the complaining school made a formal complaint in writing and the complaining school is a public institution, a public records request to those public institutions that are suspected (by the Boneyard) of having been the complaining institution should shed some light on this matter...

#JustSaying

Reaction Score
I am seeing either Orange... Or Green and Gold... Ey, I be seeing little people dancing around a pot of gold.... Volunteering to screw UCONN whenever possible.

Reaction Score
What is with this "Unnamed" crap. Geno, UCONN, The Davis Family, as well as all of UCONN have a right to know who is accusing UCONN of this act. The idea that they can hide behind being "unnamed" is absurd. If you are going to accuse someone be ready to state who you are

Reaction Score
If the complaining school made a formal complaint in writing and the complaining school is a public institution, a public records request to those public institutions that are suspected (by the Boneyard) of having been the complaining institution should shed some light on this matter...

#JustSaying
I'm not sure such a thing falls under right to know laws, even if it is a public institution. Usually public institutions despite being "public" (and I put that in quotes because I imagine very few are 100% funded by government sources these days) have loopholes in so-called sunshine laws to get around having all of their employees' salaries made public, for example. I guess the NCAA doesn't believe in an institution's right to confront their accuser.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure such a thing falls under right to know laws, even if it is a public institution. Usually public institutions despite being "public" (and I put that in quotes because I imagine very few are 100% funded by government sources these days) have loopholes in so-called sunshine laws to get around having all of their employees' salaries made public, for example. I guess the NCAA doesn't believe in an institution's right to confront their accuser.
If the complaint came from the University itself and that University receives public funds... it is FOI-able.

Reaction Score
I am seeing either Orange... Or Green and Gold... Ey, I be seeing little people dancing around a pot of gold.... Volunteering to screw UCONN whenever possible.
As ed4ourgirls pointed out, the complaint was filed with the AAC. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean an AAC school is the complainer, but to me that's the implication....? Maybe one of them resents traveling to CT in the middle of the winter to get trounced by 40.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

Except government salaries generally are matters of public record. In fact, there are some municipalities and other governmental entities that have gone so far to include employee salaries in their respective open data, for purposes of transparency and accountability.

Side note...the public records request has to do with what the school (the public entity) is providing. As a general matter (since public records laws vary from state to state), any and all documents with a “substantial nexus” to government activities qualify as public records. For example, in Arizona, the courts have defined a "public record" as :

(1) One “made by a public officer in pursuance of a duty, the immediate purpose of which is to disseminate information to the public, or to serve as a memorial of official transactions for public reference;”

(2) A record that is “required to be kept, or necessary to be kept in the discharge of a duty imposed by law or directed by law to serve as a memorial and evidence of something written, said or done;” or

(3) Any “written record of transactions of a public officer in his office, which is a convenient and appropriate method of discharging his duties, and is kept by him as such, whether required by ... law or not.”

If a document qualifies as a public record, it is not subject to disclosure if privacy, confidentiality, or the best interests of the governmental entity outweigh the policy in favor of disclosure.

In this case, I am not sure how the complaining institution (if it is a public entity) could make arguments about privacy and confidentiality when the complaint was sent to an outside agency/third party (the AAC). While the entity can argue that identifying itself would discourage other schools from complaining in the future and would have a chilling effect on reporting misconduct, that burden would be on the school to show. And given that Tennessee submitted a complaint about UConn years ago (and was identified as the complaining institution), that did not stop another school (in this case) from submitting a complaint. That would defeat the "chilling effect" argument.

Just some food for thought regarding governmental entities and public institutions, public records, and public records requests.

Reaction Score
As ed4ourgirls pointed out, the complaint was filed with the AAC. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean an AAC school is the complainer, but to me that's the implication....?

No I believe that's the standard route. The conference is, in some sense, like the governing body, so complaints go to it.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
maan3.jpg

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
As ed4ourgirls pointed out, the complaint was filed with the AAC. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean an AAC school is the complainer, but to me that's the implication....? Maybe one of them resents traveling to CT in the middle of the winter to get trounced by 40.

image.jpg

If it was an AAC school, my guess is Geno finds out and someone gets spanked by 80....:cool: Full court press for 40 minutes, Stewie and MoJeff both dunk..!!
Geno is from Philly, someone will "sleep w/ the fishes." :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I just don't like the idea that schools can make complaints just to see what sticks with no repercussions. Plus as long as there are complaints being made, no matter how minor or not true they turn out to be, it's not good for the accused school's reputation. This complaint was made for one reason: JEALOUSY.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I've heard from an unimpeachable source:
That the "Anonymous" hacking establishment
is on the case
and we should soon know the identity of the alleged culprit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom