Geno out Again against Xavier | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno out Again against Xavier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just heard on the radio that Geno is "stepping away" from coaching for the moment. Those are the words that were used. Who knows what that means.

Reaction Score
Just heard on the radio that Geno is "stepping away" from coaching for the moment. Those are the words that were used. Who knows what that means.
What radio? Notre Dame?

BTW, get well Geno! Sorry I haven’t said it before now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I find your post beyond nauseating.
Completely agree. Grief is a personal thing, and it's probably different for everyone. Surely the loss of a spouse is probably more difficult for most people, but the loss of a Mom can be really tough too...assuming the person has a positive relationship with her.

Reaction Score
Completely agree. Grief is a personal thing, and it's probably different for everyone. Surely the loss of a spouse is probably more difficult for most people, but the loss of a Mom can be really tough too...assuming the person has a positive relationship with her.
There were saying I he kept his mother not his grandmother. Not that he shouldn’t be grieving.

Reaction Score
Seems some would think CD would put Azzi in on her own? I’m sure if Geno wanted Azzi to get a few minutes, Geno would tell CD to put her in a few minutes here and there, or whatever his instructions were.

If Azzi plays, it’s with the full blessing of Geno, I assure you.

Pilot B52

Pilot B52
Reaction Score
Life takes its toll over time and Geno has been in the forefront for many years. He has handled the pressure with grace as well as anyone can. I am 88 years old now and have watched my own abilities decline with age. But it has been an exciting ride and we have to face the fact that Geno will retire at some point in the future. But he will leave the program with honor and in capable hands. I am proud to have been able to watch and experience the triumphs and disappointments along the way. It is exiting. As for age, I submit the following: In 2004 at age 70 I became the oldest person to swim the English Channel, making the Guinness book of records, Ripley's and the swimming hall of fame. I was a pilot for 43 years flying many different types of airplanes from B-52s to Boeing 767's. After retirement from airline flying as a Captain I flew a supersonic fighter in airshows in my 60's. But now, I feel my age. We should look at Geno's tenure as a precious gift but realize that he will retire when he is ready and will do it with grace in his own time.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The loss of his Nonna can’t be that easily set aside in his mind.

Be well, Geno.
Yes! Particularly at night when all you have are your thoughts of your loved one. Sleep is very difficult. Not good for one's health.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Dear God, I would hope that he is over the loss of his Nonna... Now if the loss of Sua Madre was still affecting him, I would totally understand that.
The program issued a statement Monday afternoon, that said, "The UConn women’s basketball program is saddened by the loss of Geno Auriemma’s mother, Marsiella Auriemma. Known as Nonna by family and friends, Marsiella was the definition of the American dream and inspired so many of us during her incredible life. She is survived by her three children, eight grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren. Our thoughts are with the Auriemma family.

mudblood

Incorrigible optimist
Reaction Score
The program issued a statement Monday afternoon, that said, "The UConn women’s basketball program is saddened by the loss of Geno Auriemma’s mother, Marsiella Auriemma. Known as Nonna by family and friends, Marsiella was the definition of the American dream and inspired so many of us during her incredible life. She is survived by her three children, eight grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren. Our thoughts are with the Auriemma family.

True. Because she was a grandmother. But I am sure that the OP simply wanted to point out that “his” Nonna (not simply “Nonna”) actually means “his” grandmother. And sua madre does not mean his wife, as some other poster implied, but his mother.

I am convinced there wasn’t any ounce of disrespect intended. Gosh, people are jumping the gun and draw knives on this board so easily…

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
True. Because she was a grandmother. But I am sure that the OP simply wanted to point out that “his” Nonna (not simply “Nonna”) actually means “his” grandmother. And sua madre does not mean his wife, as some other poster implied, but his mother.

I am convinced there wasn’t any ounce of disrespect intended. Gosh, people are jumping the gun and draw knives on this board so easily…
You think this is a good thread to be a comedian? One discussing Geno’s illness and mental anguish?

mudblood

Incorrigible optimist
Reaction Score
You think this is a good thread to be a comedian? One discussing Geno’s illness and mental anguish?
Absolutely not. That's what I meant when I said that I believe there was no disrespect intended: that the poster wasn't trying to be a comedian, but just trying to point out the correct way to use the word (some people can't help themselves being curmudgeons).

I always give the benefit of doubt to the good side at first, but that's just me... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom