Geno out Again against Xavier | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno out Again against Xavier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think that will be her decision alone to make.........she plays when Azzi, the med staff and Geno decide it's time..........a low stress game situation may be an ideal time to work her back into game shape when it's determined she's ready to go.....

Reaction Score
I don't think that will be her decision alone to make.........she plays when Azzi, the med staff and Geno decide it's time..........a low stress game situation may be an ideal time to work her back into game shape when it's determined she's ready to go.....

Geno is out. The med staff and Azzi could all say she's good to go and she can still choose not to put her in the game. Shes the coach, who is playing is exactly her decision to make. And no way is she making the decision with Geno out AND with the team on a road trip. I'd be surprised if Azzi plays while Geno is out and certainly not in the middle of a road trip.

Reaction Score
I don't think he retires with an another year of Paige and Azzi together. I'd expect another 5-10 years at least. I think he is struggling with grief and stress of injuries the last two years. Before the season even began he was talking about how much anxiety he had going into practive everyday wondering who might get hurt next.
That's why I said "after next year."

I would not count on 5-10 years (having learned a lesson from Steve Spurriers' retirement). The mind might be willing but the body gets tired after 68-ish. The anxiety won't go away even if this and last season have produced a more than normal level of it.

Reaction Score

I would not count on 5-10 years (having learned a lesson from Steve Spurriers' retirement). The mind might be willing but the body gets tired after 68-ish. The anxiety won't go away even if this and last season have produced a more than normal level of it.
After next year he still has another year with Paige and Azzi.

Reaction Score
I think that if Azzi is cleared and feels ready to play, that CD would put play her if she felt it was the appropriate thing to do. I suspect she’d talk it over with Geno, should he be able to chat with her. His presence and being on the road wouldn’t have any impact.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Looks like CD will be 17-0 after tonight.
Don’t do that.
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF by CBS

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Mother Argonaut will be at the game tonight in her UConn finery, and she has everything crossed that Azzi will be playing.

I'm also in the camp that I think a less competitive game like tonight's, even if she only goes in for short spurts, would be great to get Azzi back in the flow (assuming the docs give it the green light).

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Geno is out. The med staff and Azzi could all say she's good to go and she can still choose not to put her in the game. Shes the coach, who is playing is exactly her decision to make. And no way is she making the decision with Geno out AND with the team on a road trip. I'd be surprised if Azzi plays while Geno is out and certainly not in the middle of a road trip.
You are acting like Geno is on Mars. He's sitting on his couch at home with his cellphone in his hand. You don't think he and CD have and will continue to discuss such matters?

I have no idea if Azzi gets any minutes tonight or not but if she does it will not be a surprise to Geno.

Reaction Score
You are acting like Geno is on Mars. He's sitting on his couch at home with his cellphone in his hand. You don't think he and CD have and will continue to discuss such matters?

I have no idea if Azzi gets any minutes tonight or not but if she does it will not be a surprise to Geno.
I didn't say it would be a surprise to Geno, I said it wouldn't happen.
But 1) I don't think he is communicating with the staff if he is trying to recover. That is the opposite of recovering. 2) He is not communicating with the staff while the game is being played. He said himself he doesn't watch the games he misses live. CD won't put Azzi in during the game, even if she is cleared, on a road trip while Geno is out. Unless maybe we risk being disqualifed and need a body to stand in there.

Again this is my opinion so feel free to ignore, I just don't see anyway that call is maid with Geno out. Maybe if he is out for an extended period of time. At this point I will be surprised if we see her for the South Carolina game - might hold her out until mid-Feb.

Reaction Score

I'm sure that's what many of the recruiters from other schools will be saying even though it's likely untrue.........from what I've heard of Geno, he's not the kind of guy who wants to retire and move to Florida and play golf any time soon......

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Curious to know whether it’s confirmed that Geno is back in CT. He went to Indianapolis and it was a last minute decision to not coach against Butler. I thought the intent was for him to coach against Xavier, and if that’s the case, wouldn’t he have traveled with the team to Ohio?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Curious to know whether it’s confirmed that Geno is back in CT. He went to Indianapolis and it was a last minute decision to not coach against Butler. I thought the intent was for him to coach against Xavier, and if that’s the case, wouldn’t he have traveled with the team to Ohio?
Do the Huskies fly via charter or commercial? If the former, I would think it would be safer health wise flying back with the team than flying back early on a commercial flight...even if wearing a mask. If the team flies commercial, never mind.
homer-simpson-bush.gif

Reaction Score
Not a bad time to think about retiring. He's won his titles; leave with plenty of talent still around, so as to make things easier for a new coach.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
This year is really turning into the UConn annus horribilis. The fact that I'm guessing UConn will still end up as a #1 seed is a testament to how much this program is about more than any one player and even any one coach. I don't think any other program could endure this and look anywhere near as good. Mad, mad respect.

Reaction Score
I know Coach Geno would want to push through and be there with the team but right now, his health has to be priority one. The program is in good hands with Coach CD. Coach G, take a few days off to rest and recharge. Get well, Coach.

Reaction Score
Not a bad time to think about retiring. He's won his titles; leave with plenty of talent still around, so as to make things easier for a new coach.
Retiring probably has crossed his mind a few times over the last few years.

Reaction Score
The loss of his Nonna can’t be that easily set aside in his mind.

Be well, Geno.
Dear God, I would hope that he is over the loss of his Nonna... Now if the loss of Sua Madre was still affecting him, I would totally understand that.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
If Geno misses enough games, is he allowed to redshirt and come back for an extra year? :rolleyes:
I don't think he would wear a RED shirt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom