Geno has something to say to the Caroline doubters | The Boneyard

Geno has something to say to the Caroline doubters

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
"I don't know what makes me happier, the fact that Caroline is playing great and contributing a lot, or that it shuts up all the idiots that wonder why she's starting, why's she's playing so many minutes and how much someone else would be better than her," Auriemma said.

Tell us what you really think, Geno. LOL

No. 1 Huskies Cruise Past Oregon, 95-51

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
I've never seen her play the way she did today. She was absolutely everywhere, and deserves all of the playing time she's getting. She was lights out

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Geno is a riot...ya gotta love him...

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
;)
Well, he didn't find it on the Boneyard.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
"I don't know what makes me happier, the fact that Caroline is playing great and contributing a lot, or that it shuts up all the idiots that wonder why she's starting, why's she's playing so many minutes and how much someone else would be better than her," Auriemma said.

I love it. I get so tired of the arm chair couches who doubt and judge these kids. Last year it was Kelly...and all summer it was this about Caroline. I am glad that he said it. She's terrific.

Reaction Score
I love it. I get so tired of the arm chair couches who doubt and judge these kids. Last year it was Kelly...and all summer it was this about Caroline. I am glad that he said it. She's terrific.

Originally, I thought you might have meant "coaches" but you've actually phrased it so much more elegantly.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Originally, I thought you might have meant "coaches" but you've actually phrased it so much more elegantly.

You know, I did mean coaches at first, but on taking a second look you may be right. Thank you

Reaction Score
Thanks Geno. He knows what he is doing when he sets the line up. That's why he makes the big bucks.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller with Geno's full quote:

"I don't know what makes me happier, the fact that Caroline is playing great, contributing a lot or it shuts up all the idiots who wonder why she is starting, why she is playing so many minutes and somebody else would be so much better than her," Auriemma said. "It is doubly rewarding for me because I have a lot of confidence in her as a person. She might play poorly, she might play well but I know as a person and from a leadership standpoint how much she has overcome and how much it means for her to be a good player at Connecticut, what it means to her to finish her senior year on the right note so anytime she can play a game like she played today I feel great for her."

Reaction Score
I wonder where he's getting the idiot information from.....:rolleyes: :)

We're not the only web site in town, ya know.

Try reading the comments on the Hartford Courant web site once in a while. There are guys there who just love to antagonize Geno.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
We're not the only web site in town, ya know.

Try reading the comments on the Hartford Courant web site once in a while. There are guys there who just love to antagonize Geno.

Great point, Wonkster. Anytime I don't like the way the discourse is going on the Boneyard all I have to do is read those comment sections for a little perspective.

Reaction Score

From the horse's mouth to the horses' asses - some of them on the forum. I would guess that the qoute, in some respects, applies to coments about PT for others on the team as well. He can figure out who plays, where they play and how long they play without any help.

Reaction Score
It seems to me UConn always finds players we may not have the highest recruiting rankings, or the best and 1 mix tape. The coaches find players that will do anything to win. Players like Mel Thomas. We have two great ones in Kelly and Caroline. KML is going to be one too, did you see her go running in for that rebound and bang heads with the Oregon player? With that big of a lead most players would have let it go. The things Caroline brings to the court may not show in the stat sheet, they show up in the win column

Reaction Score
I don't think I've seen a lot of thoughts on what would happen if Caroline started playing somewhere near her old standard. To me, she's been moving so much better than last year. The shots just didn't seem to be falling like they used to fall. Caroline was definitely one of those players that when she shot the ball you just thought it was going in. If she can start hitting shots in addition to her other contributions, that would be huge.

Geno's right, I'm back on the bandwagon. Yes, that's also an admission that I'm one of the idiots that questioned why she was starting and playing so many minutes.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I don't think I've seen a lot of thoughts on what would happen if Caroline started playing somewhere near her old standard. To me, she's been moving so much better than last year. The shots just didn't seem to be falling like they used to fall. Caroline was definitely one of those players that when she shot the ball you just thought it was going in. If she can start hitting shots in addition to her other contributions, that would be huge.

Geno's right, I'm back on the bandwagon. Yes, that's also an admission that I'm one of the idiots that questioned why she was starting and playing so many minutes.

Contrition is oh so good for the soul.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I feel sick to my stomach - I just went to John's blog and read some of these comments to which some previous posts were referring. Yuck! Some of these posts resemble posts on the ESPN boards.

There are voices of reason also, thank goodness, but no wonder Geno brought this up in his presser.....if these are the "idiots" to which he was referring, Nothing on the BY that I remember reading was this blunt in their nay-saying about Caroline's PT/abilities.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Not to defend or detract, and I was not a naysayer...but she is a different player this year than last. Things said over the summer were about the player of last season. This is a new season and NEW CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom