Geno and the kid | The Boneyard

Geno and the kid

Reaction Score
Just read this yesterday…I love how Geno expresses his feelings about Nika and the subtle mention of the kid ready to be in starting lineup.
And a reference to someone that criticized me about my reference to Alabama and UCONN….Geno mentioned it after I referenced in one of my replies. I rest my case.
AE6779DD-BCFE-4E93-9DC5-817A44E9B5A5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just read this yesterday…I love how Geno expresses his feelings about Nika and the subtle mention of the kid ready to be in starting lineup.
And a reference to someone that criticized me about my reference to Alabama and UCONN….Geno mentioned it after I referenced in one of my replies. I rest my case.
Link?

CL82

Reaction Score
Just tap on the gray box at the bottom of the OP and the text should open up.
Those are screenshots of the article, if possible I’d love to get a link to the whole thing. I’m interested in what Geno texted to the Nova coach, in particular

Reaction Score

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
seems to me it shouldn't be a matter of nika must sit in order for paige to play ... why can't they both be on the floor together? they both provide unique qualities that benefit the team.

it is a different team when nika plays, geno has repeatedly said. and it's repeatedly proved to be true, last year and this. so why should he purposely abandon that? kind of illogical, i think

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Whole Nika quote (sprinkled with Paige):

On Nika Mühl: “She hates the refs, she hates the other team, she hates me, she hates everybody and she plays that way. She plays with a real chip on her shoulder. Every team needs somebody that you can plug into as your energy source and she’s it for us. … As soon as she went into the starting lineup, our team changed. I don’t know how she can stay there now because I gotta find something to do with the other kid, Paige, because if I leave her on the bench much longer, we’re gonna have a riot on our hands.”

Does Paige no he called her "the other kid"! ;)

Reaction Score
Not possible….Nika is good but she is not Paige….and she cannot start before CW and Azzi

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A reminder this is copyrighted, subscription material. Please limit your quotes.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
seems to me it shouldn't be a matter of nika must sit in order for paige to play ... why can't they both be on the floor together? they both provide unique qualities that benefit the team.

it is a different team when nika plays, geno has repeatedly said. and it's repeatedly proved to be true, last year and this. so why should he purposely abandon that? kind of illogical, i think
Really? illogical to not get the NPOY back into the starting line-up? Illogical to sit your 2 scorers (Williams and Fudd)?

Probably the most logical thing he'll do. Unfortunate for Muhl. But it will also be nice to have that energy coming in off the bench.

Reaction Score
it is “elementary Mr Watson” she cannot start before the aforementioned 3….you heard it from Geno in the screen shot I posted…

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
it is “elementary Mr Watson” she cannot start before the aforementioned 3….you heard it from Geno in the screen shot I posted…
my opinion: BIG mistake. nika doesn't have to get more minutes than caroline, christyn, evina and certainly not paige. but she should be in the game at the start to inspire the team. geno's second-guessing himself and i think he'll discover it wasn't a good guess.

Reaction Score
I thought this comment by Geno was interesting.

« People ask me, ‘How’s Paige’s knee?’ I really don’t care. I’m not worried about Paige’s knee because if Paige’s knee is 100 percent and her mind is 50 percent, we’re not going to win anyway,” he said. “At this time of the year, every single player in the NCAA Tournament, something hurts. You don’t play five months and feel like you’re 100 percent. To me, what’s most important thing at this time of the year is where’s your head at? Where’s your mind at? Are you mentally at the right place to play your best basketball? »

First, Paige must be healed enough that Geno isn’t worried. And second, he doesn’t see UConn winning the NC without Paige and without her mind back to normal. Geno has said for some time that Paige would be back in the starting lineup when she’s ready.

I’m really looking forward to seeing Paige play more minutes. I assume Azzi, CW, and Liv will also start. And the fifth will be AE?

As for Nika, I would like to see her start, but it’s Geno’s decision to make.

Reaction Score
Really? illogical to not get the NPOY back into the starting line-up? Illogical to sit your 2 scorers (Williams and Fudd)?

Probably the most logical thing he'll do. Unfortunate for Muhl. But it will also be nice to have that energy coming in off the bench.

Paige is coming off a fairly serious knee injury and she's still working to remove the rust off her conditioning, timing etc. I don't think it is a good idea to depend on her too much so early in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Paige is coming off a fairly serious knee injury and she's still working to remove the rust off her conditioning, timing etc. I don't think it is a good idea to depend on her too much so early in the tournament.
At some point she has to play enough to get the rust off and playing 15 minutes a game isn't going to do that. In fact, it should be the early games where she should be playing her way into shape.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Evina...in her new role...has been great coming off the bench....settling things down that have gone
awry. Nika off the bench would be a real asset....ginning things up if the team needs that.
Whichever role Geno decides on...Nika's contributions will be just fine.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sorry I learned it in law school….once an article is published it is not infringement to quote from it or use it as a screen shot….
Only a small portion. What you quoted is fine but I don’t want people posting the entire article.

Copyright laws aside, it’s a Boneyard rule we don’t copy and paste copyrighted material in its entirety.

CL82

Reaction Score
Geno loves Nika and pretty much has right from the beginning. Honestly, if Geno were a player, I think he'd be just like Nika... birds of a feather.
Nah, he wouldn’t approach her level of athleticism, and he would be the first one to admit that. But attitude-wise, agree 100%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom