Geno--5 More Years!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno--5 More Years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
$2.94M for those 30 second interviews at half time and at the end of a win on SNY/ESPN/Fox broadcasts. WOW....plus whatever the consulting is.
He does a bunch of shows too on TV and local radio.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We can all be exited about this, but the truth is about the flimsiest contract in America is a college sports coach's contract.
To quote Rebecca on Geno from the above post: "He changes lives."

We've heard that before:

When she said "I am here tonight completely because of you" to Geno her father shrugged and made a face. Why the camera chose to venture there I don't know

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
We can all be exited about this, but the truth is about the flimsiest contract in America is a college sports coach's contract.
Barring any health issues (God forbid) NOT this contract.

Reaction Score
The '26s must be hesitant to look at UCONN at the moment. An announcement 4 days after '26s can be contacted by schools....This was a play timed to help recruiting

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
$2.94M for those 30 second interviews at half time and at the end of a win on SNY/ESPN/Fox broadcasts. WOW....plus whatever the consulting is.
Geno does a ton of other appearances. For example, last night he was one of 5 UConn coaches to appear at one of two Coaches Road Shows. He speaks at Chambers of Commerce, high schools, does TV and podcast interviews, and dozens of other events

8896880C-96D3-4111-8C26-A35CB7EFD809.jpeg

Kat

Reaction Score
Auriemma is four wins shy of passing former Stanford women’s basketball coach Tara VanDerveer as the all-time winningest coach in both men’s and women’s college basketball history. VanDerveer, who retired in April, set the mark this past season (1,216 wins) in her 45th year of coaching.

The 2024-25 season will be Auriemma’s 40th season in coaching, with all 40 seasons coming at UConn. --The Athletic

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

When she said "I am here tonight completely because of you" to Geno her father shrugged and made a face. Why the camera chose to venture there I don't know
Come on Rock, be happy.

Reaction Score
CD & Geno are working on being "dance partners" [NCAA's known as the "Big Dance" before it was March Madness] for 3 times as long as Ginger Rogers & Fred Astaire (16 years for them - 1933-1949)...

"just keep dancing, just keep dancing..."

Go Huskies!!!
Not so; nine films between 33-39, plus a 10th reunion film in 1949 when the original female partner dropped out of the project. There must be a better comparison somewhere.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not so; nine films between 33-39, plus a 10th reunion film in 1949 when the original female partner dropped out of the project. There must be a better comparison somewhere.
The “Teenage Space Girls” mention - LOL

AFD9DB44-61D0-4D33-B931-D2AD13230321.jpeg

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
That video with Geno and Nika is a must-see...so see it.

Another topic:

I don't think that Geno really cares about the most-wins record...and while this may be a bit too
"Husky biased" I don't think he cares about the 11 NC rings...at least for his own self.

Remember Renee Montgomery? She graduated in 2009...undefeated team...Maya had something to do with that.
Renee had not won an NCAA championship till that year...her senior year...despite excellent play.
After UConn won her in senior year Geno said something along the lines of 'I would have been really disappointed and upset if Renee didn't get that ring. Not with her but with myself that I didn't do enough to help that team win'. He would not being unhappy for himself but for someone he obviously cared a great deal for.

I think his approach back then is the same now...he wants that next ring [rings] for the players not for him.
Hmm...watching that video with Nika makes it perfectly clear his reasons for staying... given good health.
Can't wait for 2024-2025 season to kick off.

Reaction Score
This will put an end to the inuendo from certain competing Coaches that Geno is retiring.

Reaction Score
I watched the Lobo and Nika videos for the first time and I am crying. UConn recruiting is so character based it is off the charts. CD then leads the way and sets the stage. In todays world the UConn recruiting list is getting shorter because the culture is changing.
Finally, I have to mention that Rebecca Lobo's Hall of Fame talk was one of the best ever. First, it was old school. Great humor and well written--and professionally presented. It was all family, teammates, and basketball. It was refreshing not having to hear outside noise and political leanings. My two favorite lines were "the 5"8'' dentist" as coach and her daughter commenting about "do boys play BB too." True love was popping out all over.
I will watch it again when I need positive vibes flowing all around me--from Geno and both women.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Great news for UConn and even greater news for the present players and future players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom