Status
Not open for further replies.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Geno

Al Pacino GIF

Reaction Score
Geno still has some unfinished business to take care of before he hangs up his coaching whistle…:)
You said it!! I'm so glad that the 5 year signing gets rid of " when will GENO retire or how much longer will he coach". I REALLY hope Chris Daily has been extended also. The last thing you want to do is break up a winning combination like they are. Now I know my remaining years will be as enjoyable as the 11 years I have been watching Uconn BB with GENO and CHRIS .In 60 days I will be 91 and have loved Uconn's Women since I saw their first game. With this extention GENO will never ever be second in wins. GO GENO AND CHRIS!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
That doesn't mean he won't retire before 5 years are up, but in the meantime it'll help in recruiting because recruits won't think he's leaving in a year.
Yeah I'm sure that was a consideration, but I don't think Geno would have signed such an extension if there wasn't at least a decent chance of fulfilling it, so this is a good sign for those nervous about an imminent retirement after Vanderveer and Bluder's.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So if Geno coaches another 5 years, ending up with 1400 or so wins, is there any real possibility that any other coach will ever surpass his win total?

Wes Moore, at age 67, is currently 2nd among active D1 coaches, approximately 400 wins behind Geno.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, can Geno get to 1,400 wins? He needs 187. He needs 4 to pass Tara.
Greatest number of wins is the only quantifiable target that's left for him. he already has most championships, and best winning percentage.

After he attains the greatest number of wins, it's all gravy after that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So if Geno coaches another 5 years, ending up with 1400 or so wins, is there any real possibility that any other coach will ever surpass his win total?

Wes Moore, at age 67, is currently 2nd among active D1 coaches, approximately 400 wins behind Geno.
Records can be broken but whatever Geno's final wins number is, that record may be unreachable. Pull up the most wins list and I don't see anyone still coaching that can catch him even with his present total. If Dawn or Mulkey can get 30 wins a year and coach into their 80s they have a shot.

Reaction Score
You said it!! I'm so glad that the 5 year signing gets rid of " when will GENO retire or how much longer will he coach". I REALLY hope Chris Daily has been extended also. The last thing you want to do is break up a winning combination like they are. Now I know my remaining years will be as enjoyable as the 11 years I have been watching Uconn BB with GENO and CHRIS .In 60 days I will be 91 and have loved Uconn's Women since I saw their first game. With this extention GENO will never ever be second in wins. GO GENO AND CHRIS!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!
CD & Geno are working on being "dance partners" [NCAA's known as the "Big Dance" before it was March Madness] for 3 times as long as Ginger Rogers & Fred Astaire (16 years for them - 1933-1949)...

"just keep dancing, just keep dancing..."

Go Huskies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member