Gampel Roof Renovation | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Gampel Roof Renovation

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The kiln explosion that killed the Maestro also took out the kiln and all his notes. He never had a chance to pass the secrets of the family legacy to his children. I suspect that that magic that was the Patoni tile is lost forever.

"The most gratifying thing about being in this career is knowing that the art and mastery of tile has been passed down from generation to generation for thousands of years."

RIP Enzo.
Didn't Fawn Liebowitz suffer a similar fate?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It may be another man's floor, but it's not a roof, right?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They better staff up - looks like a multi step manual process - and they don't have a lot of time.
They've broken into sections and have due date by section. Keep in mind that some of this learning curve stuff. Chugging out a rewrapped tile is going be second nature to these guys.

C

Chief00

They've broken into sections and have due date by section. Keep in mind that some of this learning curve stuff. Chugging out a rewrapped tile is going be second nature to these guys.
Quite frankly, they have a lot more to do.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
3 weeks in and they should be hitting stride now. It always comes down to the wire no matter what project youre doing.

Reaction Score
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being most confident) someone tell me how confident I should be that they will actually finish this in time for the season. Thanks.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
It seems so much more complicated and expensive than fixing other roofs. How will it be better than before?

It wont be any better but it better be just as good as a new one. Hopefully caulks and sealants have advanced in the last 30 years.

Reaction Score
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being most confident) someone tell me how confident I should be that they will actually finish this in time for the season. Thanks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I refuse to believe that it is cheaper to strategically lower down tiles in a certain sequence, strip them. re insulate them, and re cover them instead of simply just buying new panels and replacing them as they are removed.

C

Chief00

I refuse to believe that it is cheaper to strategically lower down tiles in a certain sequence, strip them. re insulate them, and re cover them instead of simply just buying new panels and replacing them as they are removed.

I agree, assuming they are available.

Reaction Score
I believe they are a unique design. Where are you going to buy them?

Reaction Score
I believe they are a unique design. Where are you going to buy them?
It looks like a simple aluminum frame with standard fiberglass insulation inside and a metalized fabric on one side, glued to the frame. I don't see any exotic materials. In fact, a similar "tile" can be made from better materials.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It wont be any better but it better be just as good as a new one. Hopefully caulks and sealants have advanced in the last 30 years.
In a prior article they said it the new wrap won't peel. That's what the whole issue was. The vinyl de-laminated from the the metal wrap. The dark stains you see on TV are just the exposed metal wrap. Re-wrapping with new material should stop that from happening again. It won't stop it from yellowing though.
I have to believe that that was considered. I doubt it would take particularly long to re-wrap a panel. I suspect the delay has more to do with the replacing the seal on the aluminum panels.

Last edited:

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
In a prior article they said it the new wrap won't peel. That's what the whole issue was. The vinyl de-laminated from the the metal wrap. The dark stains you see on TV are just the exposed metal wrap. Re-wrapping with new material should stop that from happening again. I won't stop it from yellowing though.

I have to believe that that was considered. I doubt it would take particularly long to re-wrap a panel. I suspect the delay has more to do with the replacing the seal on the aluminum panels.

Probably dry rotted. Suck the moisture from any material and its a goner.

Do we know the total bid on the project?

I recall hearing this roof came with a warranty. In the world i earn my money in, property management goes to great lengths to maintain those warranties.

Reaction Score
Love this perfectly placed ad lmao

Someone forward the link to Herbst asap

Attachments

• IMG_4770.PNG
    IMG_4770.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 101

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics