Gampel Roof Renovation | The Boneyard

Gampel Roof Renovation

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can't 'like' that enough post enough. I am looking forward to seeing how they will utilize it. I suspect that they are going incorporate it more into the team intro, etc. In any event it will be nice to have the place not look like a dump on TV.

Did they end up deciding on going in from the outside and rewrapping each panel?

Reaction Score
For those of you not on twitter, the Gampel roof is finally being fixed. Saw somewhere that it should take about 1 month.

Where did you see one month? I thought they were anticipating at least the whole summer.

Reaction Score
Where did you see one month? I thought they were anticipating at least the whole summer.
Now that I am trying to find where I saw it... I was probably just day dreaming in the cube that it would only take a month. Can't find anything about how long it takes.

Reaction Score
Flipped off 3 DOT work crews today, maybe my proudest moment

I honestly couldn't do their job or any Union one where you have to stop working for a portion so you don't tip the #s

@JSM1970 rebid it. Non-union.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Flipped off 3 DOT work crews today, maybe my proudest moment

I honestly couldn't do their job or any Union one where you have to stop working for a portion so you don't tip the #s
I'm sure you had passed them already.

Reaction Score
Actually, the Dome wil be completed sometime in mid-October. targeting Oct 20 or so. Fall sports (Volleyball, etc) & such have already been scheduled to play in the Greer Field House. It's a really complex issue having to remove the panels; some concern about panels going back in due to potential expansion/contraction if weather changes significantly from when a panel comes out & goes back in.... Let's hope for not too many hiccups..... And it's far more than $1mil.......

Reaction Score
There are only 3 such domes (exact to Gampel in design) in existence, Gampel, one in Texas & one in Tokyo. Once the panels start coming out, hopefully some of the BY will be able to take a look over the course of the work. Workers now are concentrating on setting up exterior access, rigging, required fall protection & all that neat stuff....

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Anyone know who the general contractor is?

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
From a pic i saw it looks like they "dance floored" it with pipe scaffolding all the way up to the underside of the roof. Basically waist level at the edge. Probably a pyramid of scaffolding to get up to the top of the dome. Hopefully theyve got a lil production set up on the staging so they can be repaired right there on site and immediately reinstalled. Gotta be a metric s-ton of tiles up there.

Reaction Score
From a pic i saw it looks like they "dance floored" it with pipe scaffolding all the way up to the underside of the roof. Basically waist level at the edge. Probably a pyramid of scaffolding to get up to the top of the dome. Hopefully theyve got a lil production set up on the staging so they can be repaired right there on site and immediately reinstalled. Gotta be a metric s-ton of tiles up there.

Will do as much as possible from the inside. Panels are heavy; will likely have to be lowered be be unwrapped, repaired & rewrapped. The panels are actually pretty large individually when up near them

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You must have had custom-built cabinets. We are using IKEA roof tiles to replace the originals, hand-made by an Italian master whose name always escapes me.

Patoni, I think. Pretty clear now that it wasn't a good idea to do something so unusual. Place should hold more like 14k too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom