Games Jan. 27 to Feb. 2 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Games Jan. 27 to Feb. 2

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Indiana-Wisconsin has been stuck at 8 seconds for a while...multiple time outs? Tied at 61.

edit--overtime!
I’m guessing the officials were reviewing a play for a while.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Northwestern is in a battle w/ Michigan. Tied up early in Q3. Big Ten bloodbath is continuing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wisconsin really is pulling the Washington routine. Now down 5 in OT, haven't scored yet. Is it something about UW schools?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wisconsin really is pulling the Washington routine. Now down 5 in OT, haven't scored yet. Is it something about UW schools?
They need to form a support group together.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's way early, but San Diego and Vanderbilt have jumped out to leads against Gonzaga and Tennessee respectively. With so many ranked teams playing tonight, there were bound to be a few close games.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Parity happens in a league without elite teams. The ACC has NC State and Louisville, both of whom I am still suspect of as being elite as their wins are less than awe inspiring and after those two-nothing that says "We have a good conference". Tonight's FSU loss shows this parity. BC has been on a nice little run but come on, to lose at home to the Eagles? While WF has had a nice little resurgence (and much surprising) that doesn't mean they're good.
Georgia Tech blowing a lead against a Mompremier less Miami team is taking the sheen off the Nell bus.
I am normally a huge ACC fan but this years bunch is "meh"...

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's way early, but San Diego and Vanderbilt have jumped out to leads against Gonzaga and Tennessee respectively. With so many ranked teams playing tonight, there were bound to be a few close games.
You just had to put the jinx on Vanderbilt huh

Plebe

Reaction Score
I can't possibly have that power just by scoreboard watching can I?
You sure had it all of last year, remember? :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
You sure had it all of last year, remember? :rolleyes:

I thought my jinx was usually when I started watching a game. Maybe it knows no bounds.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I thought my jinx was usually when I started watching a game. Maybe it knows no bounds.
I thought it was whenever you would comment on such and such a team has an early lead.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Parity happens in a league without elite teams. The ACC has NC State and Louisville, both of whom I am still suspect of as being elite as their wins are less than awe inspiring and after those two-nothing that says "We have a good conference".

Too bad they only play once. But at least Louisville has another exciting showdown w/ ND coming up later.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I thought it was whenever you would comment on such and such a team has an early lead.

Shoot, I guess I was underestimating my jinx.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Northwestern up 74-63 w/ under 2 minutes left.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Someone check on Wyoming :p Not sure how they are doing this year

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Someone check on Wyoming :p Not sure how they are doing this year

I forgot about them. I don't think they even come up in the debates about who the real UW is. I think Wyoming has had the strategy of not having big leads to squander, less heartbreaking.

Wyoming is 10-9, 6-4 in the might MWC. All 3 of the UW's have 10 wins currently. Freaky!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I forgot about them. I don't think they even come up in the debates about who the real UW is. I think Wyoming has had the strategy of not having big leads to squander, less heartbreaking.

Wyoming is 10-9, 6-4 in the might MWC. All 3 of the UW's have 10 wins currently. Freaky!

Well I like them better than Wisconsin..... was gonna say they are my favorite UW..... but I do have 3 Husky hats..... no Cowboy hats.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well I like them better than Wisconsin..... was gonna say they are my favorite UW..... but I do have 3 Husky hats..... no Cowboy hats.

Have I ever mentioned the NCAA men's 1st round game I attended w/ my Dad in Seattle? Louisville vs. Wyoming, 2 Cowboys fans in front of us w/ full on 10 gallon hats that blocked our view of about 2/3 of the court. They were genuinely shocked when we asked them if they could take their hats off. They did. I can't believe they didn't realize how much of the view it obstructed, or that they thought that was fine.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Don’t forget about
University of Winnipeg
University of Windsor
University of Waterloo

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Have I ever mentioned the NCAA men's 1st round game I attended w/ my Dad in Seattle? Louisville vs. Wyoming, 2 Cowboys fans in front of us w/ full on 10 gallon hats that blocked our view of about 2/3 of the court. They were genuinely shocked when we asked them if they could take their hats off. They did. I can't believe they didn't realize how much of the view it obstructed, or that they thought that was fine.

What year was that? Wyoming seldom makes it to the NCAA's..... though they do have a title.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Don’t forget about
University of Winnipeg
University of Windsor
University of Waterloo

I can never figure out if something is a real school or made up anymore. I've been trying to figure out for a while where the heck Merrimack came from. I can't recall ever hearing the name before this season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I can never figure out if something is a real school or made up anymore. I've been trying to figure out for a while where the heck Merrimack came from. I can't recall ever hearing the name before this season.
This is Merrimack’s first season in D1. They were a fairly successful D2 program and are doing pretty well in the NEC. They have a really good post player in Denia Davis-Stewart.

Seems like new teams are moving up to D1 at a rate or approximately one per year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom