Games Jan. 27 to Feb. 2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Games Jan. 27 to Feb. 2

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There was a Lydia Rivers sighting at the Game. Did you catch that Plebe? She certainly made a wise decision.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
There was a Lydia Rivers sighting at the Game. Did you catch that Plebe? She certainly made a wise decision.
She was in attendance? Where? I missed it

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She was in attendance? Where? I missed it

They mentioned that she was at the game near the latter part of the broadcast. Talked about how she was now starting at VPI. Then they showed her on the sidelines.. not sure if she was wearing a Radford Shirt or not. They were in a discussion on grad transfers... as #0 for Campbell is a grad transfer from Davidson.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was wondering who the Analyst for the Radford game was. Did some research... and she does the VPI games as well. Makes sense to double dip. the campuses are about 20 minutes apart.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well the Running Bulldogs of Gardner Webb cooled off the Red hot Panthers of HPU. So after tonights games... Cambpell is alone at 9-1. Hampton is in 2nd with a 7-3 record... and there is a 4 way tie for 3rd place now.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Campbell-Radford final was 43-32 (and Radford had to score 20 in Q4 just to break the 30 point barrier). You guys watched that? Must've been ugly.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Rider-Fairfield in a MAAC battler. Rider up 6 w/ under 10 seconds left in the game.

edit--Marist is also in the thick of the race, but w/ a win Rider stays all alone in first place and undefeated.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
East Carolina leading Memphis by 4 late. The AAC is craptastic! ECU is winless so far in conference and Memphis has 1 win.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
East Carolina gets it's first conference win 71 - 65.

Plebe

Reaction Score
East Carolina leading Memphis by 4 late. The AAC is craptastic! ECU is winless so far in conference and Memphis has 1 win.
They're not any worse than Pitt or Ole Miss.

Reaction Score
Found this from 2010 in a quick Google search. I wonder if it's been broken since then:

On the subject of fewest points allowed. Seton Catholic an Arizona women's powerhouse basketball program played one of the local high schools earlier this week held that team to six points.

Karen Self has built a powerhouse with the 10 time state champs sending a number of players to success at D1 most recently the Wirth twins at Gonzaga. Jenn Wirth mentioned in Team of the Week recognition for 20 wins.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
On the subject of fewest points allowed. Seton Catholic an Arizona women's powerhouse basketball program played one of the local high schools earlier this week held that team to six points.

Karen Self has built a powerhouse with the 10 time state champs sending a number of players to success at D1 most recently the Wirth twins at Gonzaga. Jenn Wirth mentioned in Team of the Week recognition for 20 wins.
Is Seton Catholic still a volleyball powerhouse? They were back when I lived there.
Due to the behavior of the coach at the time, I used to refer to them as Satan Catholic :confused:

Plebe

Reaction Score
In Nacogdoches, my Ladyjacks of Stephen F. Austin have come out with axes blazing against Abilene Christian, up 18-12 after 1Q. Stephanie Visscher, a sophomore from Sweden, has 11 of the 18 points.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In the showdown of undefeateds in the America East, the Seawolves of Stony Brook are applying a vicious seawolf-hug to UMass Lowell's offense so far. Stony Brook leads 16-2 after 1Q.

Stony Brook has a name I recognize: Kaela "KK" Hilaire, a grad transfer from Seton Hall. She's averaging 5 assists per game and 12.6 ppg.

Reaction Score
Is Seton Catholic still a volleyball powerhouse? They were back when I lived there.
Due to the behavior of the coach at the time, I used to refer to them as Satan Catholic :confused:
I don't follow volleyball although I have friends who are strong fans. This year Seton lost in the quarterfinals. Going into the state tournament they were 22 - 5 overall and 8 -2 in League.

Basketball team is extremely dominant. They play at 4A level. As you may remember in Arizona classifications go from smallest of 1A up to 6A based on enrollment.

The only losses the basketball team has this year were in the Nike Tournament of Champions tournament which interestingly enough this year was held in Phoenix. 2 years ago I believe they ended up ranked fourth in the nation.

Karen Self beyond her great coaching ability is a wonderful teacher and teaches AP economics and government at the school.

Unlike the volleyball coach she is calm and collected on the sidelines. In fact her behavior on the sidelines is exactly the way it is when you're engaged with her on a one-on-one basis.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
These Stonybrook announcers said something funny at the end. Talking about their victory at Pitt.... saying its not easy to go into Pitt and come out with a win (or something to that affect)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In Nacogdoches, my Ladyjacks of Stephen F. Austin have come out with axes blazing against Abilene Christian, up 18-12 after 1Q. Stephanie Visscher, a sophomore from Sweden, has 11 of the 18 points.

They actually call the team the Lady Jacks?

Plebe

Reaction Score
They actually call the team the Lady Jacks?
The SFA Ladyjacks (all one word) are the reigning NCAA women's bowling champions. They also won the title in 2016.

The Ladyjacks also won a national championship in softball back in the 80s.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Micaela Kelly notched a triple double in CMU’s 94-93 2OT victory over Buffalo. Impressed with CMU having lost Frost, Hudson, and Moore in the past two years.

Fair scored 29 points for Buffalo, but finished 10/31. She was I think 5/12 at one point.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yet another wild shootout with a wild ending between Central Michigan and Buffalo.

CMU had a 94-93 lead and the ball with 2.5 seconds left in 2OT. Buffalo's Theresa Onwuka was called for an intentional foul before the ball was inbounded. Felisha Legette-Jack was incensed at the call, but that pretty much ended the game. The Chippewas remain undefeated in MAC play with a 98-93 win.

Micaela Kelly of CMU finishes with a triple double (14 pts, 10 rebs, 10 assists), but she fouled out early in the 1st OT on what I would have to say was a horrible block/charge call. Molly Davis had 25 points on an efficient 9-14 shooting, but she also had 11 turnovers.

Onwuka finished just shy of a trip-dub with 17 pts, 11 rebs and 9 steals. Dyaisha Fair finished with 27 points but on an inefficient 10-31 shooting.

These two teams seem to always bring the drama.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
The Islanders of Texas A&M Corpus Christi turned back the visiting Bearkats of Sam Houston State in a tight 57-54 decision.

SHSU coach Ravon Justice was not a happy camper after the final buzzer, whizzing through the handshake line before the TAMCC players could even line up :)

With the results in Corpus and Nacogdoches, the Ladyjacks are now in sole possession of 1st place in the Southland:

SFA 9-1
TAMCC 8-2
SHSU 8-2
ACU 7-2

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Nicholls picked up its 4th win of the season, running away from McNeese, 79-63. The Colonels now sit at 4-14, 3-8 in the Southland, and own 10th place in the league all by themselves.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Nicholls picked up its 4th win of the season, running away from McNeese, 79-63. The Colonels now sit at 4-14, 3-8 in the Southland, and own 10th place in the league all by themselves.
Geaux Colonels! If those Cowgirls from Lake Charles thought they'd get a warm welcome in Thibodaux, they had another thing coming!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom