Games Jan. 27 to Feb. 2 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Games Jan. 27 to Feb. 2

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Another Huge Saturday in the land of southeastern mid-major conferences. In the Big South... the marquee matchup is the Hampton vs UNC-Asheville (my bulldogs). Hampton is alone in second place at 7-3. UNC-A is tied with others at 6-4. Hampton won the first matchup, so UNC-A is out for revenge. In a matchup of 6-4 teams.... Winthrop visits HPU (the real HPU). My Panthers blew a big lead in the first matchup.... so hopefully lessons were learned.

In the headliner in the MEAC. Undefeated and 1st place Norfolk State venture into the Dawg Pound in a showdown with preseason favorite NC A&T. Many teams come into the Dawg Pound with high hopes, only to leave with their tail between their legs.

In the SoCon.... the headliner is the battle for first place between the 5-1 Samford Bulldogs, and the 5-1 UNC-G Spartans. Lets Go G

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Central Michigan is locked in yet another tight battle, this time with Ohio. Down 4 after 3Q. The Chippewas like to live dangerously.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
HPU aka FGCU North is currently up 40-22 in the second quarter..... bombing away from 3...... did they learn lessons from their first matchup?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Surprising halftime score down in Spartanburg. Campbell only leads USC-Upstate 26-24. The Fighting Camels are 9-1 while the Spartans are 1-9

Plebe

Reaction Score
Central Michigan made one of two free throws with one second left. Now headed to overtime. Lots of dramatic games in this conference.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I left my r to make me a sammich and watch some men's basketball..... come back and see that HPU is up 94-58 :eek::eek::eek::eek: Senior Guard Cammryn Brown has 44 points on 16-22 shooting.... 10-16 on from 3 :eek:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UPSET ALERT UPSET ALERT down in Spartanburg :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: My Camels are in a dogfight .... just tied it up 58-58

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lessons were indeed learned by HPU in a 94-61 absolute monkey stomping. Brown sets a HPU record with 44 points and 10 3 pters. My panthers hit 20 3pters for the game.

Meanwhile.... down in Spartanburg.... Campbell and USC-Upstate are headed into overtime 58-58.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My Aggies sends a message to the rest of the MEAC..... downing previously undefeated Norfolk State 53-49.

NCATFans_original.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Headed to Double OT down in Spartanburg tied up 64-64. The camels missed a layup that would have won the game at the buzzer in the first OT

Plebe

Reaction Score
Headed to Double OT down in Spartanburg tied up 64-64. The camels missed a layup that would have won the game at the buzzer in the first OT
Ha I'm sure the Stony Brook announcer would tell us that Spartanburg is a tough place to win at.

What would be a bigger upset, Charleston Southern over UNCA or SC Upstate over Campbell?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ha I'm sure the Stony Brook announcer would tell us that Spartanburg is a tough place to win at.

What would be a bigger upset, Charleston Southern over UNCA or SC Upstate over Campbell?

Well... it is Homecoming for Upstate (they dont have a football team) so I know they are extra hyped.... and probably a larger crowd than normal.

Definitely todays game would be a bigger upset....... Upstate has lost 9 straight... while Cambpell has won 7 straight. UNC-A isnt as good as I had previously thought.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Central Michigan wins its second straight game in OT. They beat Buffalo in 2OT on Wednesday, and survived Ohio today.

CMU is this year's UCF -- not in terms of playing style (thank goodness), but in terms of:

(a) winning lots of close games -- in addition to these two overtime games. CMU has won 5 other conference games by 7 points or less. They also beat Dayton in OT and took a close game at South Dakota St.​
(b) having a top-20 RPI with very little resume substance to back it up. (Ironically, CMU beat UCF last year, but UCF returned the favor this year.)​

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Unfortunately Samford strolled into Greensboro and pretty much controlled the game from the start. UNC-G goes down in a rare home defeat 56-42. The only bright spot is Senior Nadine Soliman became the all time scorer in UNCG History today

Plebe

Reaction Score
Someone failed to notify me that Chicago State actually won a game -- a 1-point win over Cal State Bakersfield on Jan. 18 -- which ended their losing streak at 22 games dating back almost a full calendar year.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that leaves only 2 winless teams in D1, Coppin State and Hartford.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wyoming clobbered San Jose St. 80-45 and Fresno St. nudged New Mexico, giving the Bulldogs a 2 game lead in the MWC. Wyoming and Boise St. both moved within 2 games of SJSU.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wyoming clobbered San Jose St. 80-45 and Fresno St. nudged New Mexico, giving the Bulldogs a 2 game lead in the MWC. Wyoming and Boise St. both moved within 2 games of SJSU.
Wyoming escapes the curse of the UW's.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Tulane's run at 2nd in the AAC took a hit today w/ a home loss to Houston 66-60.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Tulane's run at 2nd in the AAC took a hit today w/ a home loss to Houston 66-60.
Both of Tulane's AAC losses have been in overtime.

I wonder what's the record for most OT games in a single day? Nine sounds like a lot to me.

Central Michigan in 2OT over Ohio.
Campbell in OT over South Carolina Upstate.
Houston in OT over Tulane.
Akron in OT over Eastern Michigan.
Chattanooga in OT over ETSU.
Montana State in OT over Montana
Prairie View A&M in OT over Alabama State.
Pepperdine in OT over St. Mary's.
San Francisco in OT over Santa Clara.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
San Francisco in OT over Santa Clara.

First WCC win for USF. There are a number of teams lumped around 6-5 or 5-6. Pacific has been a huge disappointment to me. They looked like clearly the 2nd best WCC team during OOC, but are muddling around mired in complete mediocrity in conference. I'm not sure even Gonzaga has a better 1-2 punch than Higgins and McDavid, certainly nobody else in the conference does. That duo should be translating to more Ws in a poor conference.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Holly W doing the analysis for the USF/Cincy game on ESPNU.
32-23 USF at the half.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Penn State is giving Northwestern all they can handle, up 38-37 at the half.

Holly Warlick is gracing the South Florida-Cincinnati game with her expert commentary. USF has been in control throughout the first half. Probably the highlight was José getting a technical that effectively led to a 6-point play for Cincinnati.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Penn State is giving Northwestern all they can handle, up 38-37 at the half.

Holly Warlick is gracing the South Florida-Cincinnati game with her expert commentary. USF has been in control throughout the first half. Probably the highlight was José getting a technical that effectively led to a 6-point play for Cincinnati.
As I posted above :)

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Sue Bird in the ESPN Studios....must not be playing for Team USA today unless this is a taped halftime show on ESPNU. Talking about the new WNBA CBA, so...
I am guessing it's a tape.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom