GamedayConnor appreciation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

GamedayConnor appreciation

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Random question I'll throw into this thread because it's somewhat along the same lines: is Big Red still going to games? We had one authentic UCONN chant last night, but I couldn't find him in the crowd.
Last time I saw him he had an oxygen tank with him. Hope he's OK. Usually they put him on the screen when he's doing his thing but they did not last night...they did at the Georgetown game. At some point, someone's going to have to take that job. Who wants it?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
what ever happened to the A-10 style gattling gun that used to launch about 50 t-shirts simultaneously?
Preach. That would be an excellent engineering class project. What are we doing!?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Preach. That would be an excellent engineering class project. What are we doing!?
I've heard those things have caused injuries and insurance companies don't want them at games. No lie.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Guilty as charged.

I recommended that didn't happen. Implored otherwise. But I guess they tried? And so did I. I would've hung you 7 times already but it seems the powers that be don't think you have even a thimble full of mojo in you.
The problem wasn’t the hanging. The problem was that you didn’t follow the sentence. When you try to cheat the mojo, the mojo cheats you.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1672348659134.png

I love everything about this exchange!

Reaction Score
Random question I'll throw into this thread because it's somewhat along the same lines: is Big Red still going to games? We had one authentic UCONN chant last night, but I couldn't find him in the crowd.
Big Red was definitely there last night, in section 110 or maybe 109. There was one of his patented “U-C-O-N-N” chants. He actually looked ready for one earlier (I forget when), but it didn’t seem like the crowd was calling for it. I honestly think some of the fanbase is adjusting to us being awesome again.

Reaction Score
The technology already exists. They used to bring this contraption out at XL games during the marquee Old Big East games (Syracuse, etc)

Reaction Score
I can take him or leave him, but bring back the wave. Bring back the gigantic flag running laps on the court during a timeout. Just don’t try to get us to sing Taylor Swift songs like PeeCee

Reaction Score
I can take him or leave him, but bring back the wave. Bring back the gigantic flag running laps on the court during a timeout. Just don’t try to get us to sing Taylor Swift songs like PeeCee
They were running the flags around during the cupcake games. Maybe someone forgot to bring them last night.

Reaction Score
We should try an in-game DJ. We could call him Joey.
DJ Joey Franchise was even cheesier than Connor. We've improved our cheese game in the las 12 years

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don’t care about Connor. He’s fine and doing his job.

I care more that UConn can’t get it’s pre-game fire cannons to work correctly and the student body has no clue what they’re doing. It’s sloppy.

These kids want t shirts - give the crowd a massive amount of t shirts.
They wouldn’t wear the shirts

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
They wouldn’t wear the shirts
What happened to every student with season tix getting the same shirt? I remember the one with Jim Calhoun’s face on it from 2010. Lost mine somewhere along the way.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
It shouldnt be but it was necessary for me to do last march against Nova at BET at MSG. I was disgusted by the fact I had to implore my (Uconn ticket) section to stand, and then half of them didnt and then yelled at me for imploring them. Times have changed I guess.

We need better millennial entertainment and screw our teams traditions. I was VERY disappointed in UConn MSG behavior in March. Nova had better turnout, louder, and more engaged.
I had to implore my (Uconn ticket) section to stand, and then half of them didnt and then yelled at me for imploring them.

that's a lot of imploring.
ac7dd33a.jpg.650x650_q85.jpg

that, and moar t-shirt cannons, is all i got.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I hope Conor doesn’t pay attention to the cranky bozos on this board. He does an excellent job in his role and represents the university well. I literally have no idea what possible issue you could have with him that warrants some of the reactions in this thread. I’ve probably witnessed 50+ games in my life with Conor as the host between UConn and the Yard Goats and he does great. Some of the promos are corny, but that’s not remotely Conor’s fault. He has some funny quips too.

Any Conor haters can go pound sand. Why don’t you go tell it to his face rather than trash him on a message board. I’ve never once heard anyone complain about him in person.

Reaction Score
I hope Conor doesn’t pay attention to the cranky bozos on this board. He does an excellent job in his role and represents the university well. I literally have no idea what possible issue you could have with him that warrants some of the reactions in this thread. I’ve probably witnessed 50+ games in my life with Conor as the host between UConn and the Yard Goats and he does great. Some of the promos are corny, but that’s not remotely Conor’s fault. He has some funny quips too.

Any Conor haters can go pound sand. Why don’t you go tell it to his face rather than trash him on a message board. I’ve never once heard anyone complain about him in person.
I have no issues with him as a person but anytime he wants to come to my seats I’ll gladly tell him how much I hate UConn’s in game entertainment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom