GamedayConnor appreciation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

GamedayConnor appreciation

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
He seems like a good guy who is good at his job. I very very much dislike that we have him. It only subtracts from the experience imo. Make a few hardcore students Student Section Captains or something.

Also hate that they do something like “allllllright husky fans it’s time to do the legendary U C O N N chant! UUUU!!….” It makes me cringe every time.

Reaction Score
He seems like a good guy who is good at his job. I very very much dislike that we have him. It only subtracts from the experience imo. Make a few hardcore students Student Section Captains or something.

Also hate that they do something like “allllllright husky fans it’s time to do the legendary U C O N N chant! UUUU!!….” It makes me cringe every time.
Or the stand until we score. Is that really necessary for him to say?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Or the stand until we score. Is that really necessary for him to say?

It shouldnt be but it was necessary for me to do last march against Nova at BET at MSG. I was disgusted by the fact I had to implore my (Uconn ticket) section to stand, and then half of them didnt and then yelled at me for imploring them. Times have changed I guess.

We need better millennial entertainment and screw our teams traditions. I was VERY disappointed in UConn MSG behavior in March. Nova had better turnout, louder, and more engaged.

Reaction Score
Seems like every team in pro/college sports has that guy to run the show on gamedays so doesn't bother me.

I will say saw Conor at the BET last year walking the concourse and he all about high-fives and fist bumps for anyone in Uconn gear. He ended up sitting few rows in front of us and was going nuts all game. So seems like a real fan and not just a guy who shows up on gamedays.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We need better millennial entertainment and screw our teams traditions
I would bookmark this for the hanging thread, but we all know how it worked out the last time. I’m not mad, just disappointed.

August_West

Reaction Score
I would bookmark this for the hanging thread, but we all know how it worked out the last time. I’m not mad, just disappointed.
you dont get it. not shocked.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
you dont get it. not shocked.
I don’t get that you pooped the bed the last time you were the mojo sacrifice? Oh, believe me, I get it.

Reaction Score
This thread is Exhibit A on the reason old people should be in control of large scale entertainment enterprises.

He injects noise and activity into a place that shouldn't always be quiet. A nice mixture of the band, the DJ, The Cheer Squads, and Connor is great. He is there for those not old enough to sign a mortgage or join AARP...you know, the future fanbase.

Two nationally ranked teams, and people are complaining about the Hype Man.... DAMN!

August_West

Reaction Score
I don’t get that you pooped the bed the last time you were the mojo sacrifice? Oh, believe me, I get it.

Guilty as charged.

I recommended that didn't happen. Implored otherwise. But I guess they tried? And so did I. I would've hung you 7 times already but it seems the powers that be don't think you have even a thimble full of mojo in you.

Reaction Score
This thread is Exhibit A on the reason old people should be in control of large scale entertainment enterprises.

He injects noise and activity into a place that shouldn't always be quiet. A nice mixture of the band, the DJ, The Cheer Squads, and Connor is great. He is there for those not old enough to sign a mortgage or join AARP...you know, the future fanbase.

Two nationally ranked teams, and people are complaining about the Hype Man.... DAMN!
I’m 24 years old and think he’s garbage. All my friends feel the same

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don’t care about Connor. He’s fine and doing his job.

I care more that UConn can’t get it’s pre-game fire cannons to work correctly and the student body has no clue what they’re doing. It’s sloppy.

These kids want t shirts - give the crowd a massive amount of t shirts.

Reaction Score

And you missed the point. The entire thread are poster editing their belief that fans doing to inject their own hype and that the noise should could from the traditions that have been built up over time.

Reaction Score

I care more that UConn can’t get it’s pre-game fire cannons to work correctly and the student body has no clue what they’re doing. It’s sloppy.
^This sums it up.

August_West

Reaction Score

I always get a kick out of the 6 figure a year donors near the court fighting each other for a Dunkin Dounuts T-shirt. I love America.

Reaction Score
And you missed the point. The entire thread are poster editing their belief that fans doing to inject their own hype and that the noise should could from the traditions that have been built up over time.
I didn't miss the point. There is no point in the big picture.

Reaction Score
I’m 24 years old and think he’s garbage. All my friends feel the same
At 24, you can sign a mortgage agreement. Ask a few of the 9 and 10 year old how they feel next time.

I focus on the game, but my daughter loves the interactive stuff and the noise. This makes it easier to have her and her friends happily sit through a 3 hour sporting event. This makes it easier for my friends and I to attend games. I see a method behind the noise.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score

Seems to me the whole thing with Connor and how we organize game day and where we place students etc. caters much more to old fans than young. Hate to break it to you but Connor isn’t for the younger fans.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
What is your guy's opinion on the in game host Game day Connor? He also is the host for uconn wbb, uconn football, and the Hartford yardgoats. I personally think he is great and entertaining. Would love some thoughts on this.
I could live without him

August_West

Reaction Score
We do seem to meander a little bit about our traditions. The UCONN chant after a big play is, in my slightly biased opinion, one of the best cheers in college basketball. You just got your asses handed to you on the court and then you have a stadium full of people doing that cheer, it’s got to be demoralizing. On the other hand, the random UConn… Huskies chant during gameplay seems misplaced to me. But that’s just nitpicking.

So, not to go all “old guy” here, but personally, I would rather hear more of the band, than canned music during the game. That is such a uniquely college thing, it just feels special, or at least unique.

Sometimes I think the school, and particularly AD Dave, seem to be unaware of our existing traditions, and instead look to create new ones which seems to me to be a fool’s errand like when we ripped off NC States Wolfpack thing or when we abandon our unique white husky logo in favor of a generic looking one.

I agree with a ton of this. Although I do like the random UCONN..................HUSKIES. Chant too.

Reddit had a thread 2 days ago with throwback logos as reps for this weeks rankings, and coast to coast basketball fans (not UConn fans) were all like "that white Husky logo is the best thing ever"

Money where my mouth is, Im in my office right now wearing what (besides maybe some cocaine bear residue and cat hair) ?

A1A1D0DA-A62B-4D4F-8230-E443C78B6566.jpeg

Reaction Score

what ever happened to the A-10 style gattling gun that used to launch about 50 t-shirts simultaneously?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Conor is a fan of this program, whether he is on the mic or not. Let's not act like other programs don't have the same type of hype man to organize the promotions. The kid who did it for the St. Bonnie's game last year in Newark was total garbage, and the dude who did it for the BE tourney last year was mediocre at best. Conor's the best I've seen. If you have a problem with Conor, your real problem is with the promotions, because Conor has refined his role and he nails it. Like it or not, we need someone to alert the casuals to the fact that "we stand until we score," to introduce recruits and former players, to remind everyone we are the college basketball capital of the world, and to introduce the players. He's great, and whoever comes after him will not be as good. DM me if you've got a problem with GameDayConor.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom