Gamecocks basketball, 2023 part I (merged thread) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks basketball, 2023 part I (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Aint no way she would leave Wake Forest for South Carolina. Keep yall grubby paws talonsoutta the Triad :p In all seriousness... I get the feeling that she loves it in Winston Salem, she had a chance to go into the portal after the season, but she stayed. Plus she is just one year away from getting her Wake Forest degree... I don't see why anyone would transfer after their junior year. As either an athlete, or a regular student.

Transfer speculation is banned when it comes to UConn players... never got the idea that it was frowned upon for players of other schools. That being said, we will be dipping into the portal again.... maybe just for two players. We need an athletic post, and a wing defender would be nice ... .... fyi to any perspective players. aint no mustard bbq in Durham or in the Triad.

It's always been the policy here, but this board isn't monitored as closely as the UConn boards.

I've also received email saying that transfer speculation could directly affect a player's ability to earn NIL money.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is it vinegar or ketchup in that part of NC?

I wouod guess vinegar. The triad is definitely just the shoulders and ketchup.. Raleigh is definitely whole hog and vinegar.. So i think the dividing line is most likely 20 miles to the west of Duke.

Reaction Score
Everybody::)

I’m going to post a “is SCar at UConn Threadworthy” thread on the General board at the end of tonight’s game.

Let’s all try to confine our posts about that matchup to that thread and stay off the UConn main board. Less potential for friction with their fans. Their best posters will see a thread in the General board anyway.

Less potential for conflict w @HuskyNan too.

Reaction Score
I’m late but will just say I don’t think the transfer discussion would’ve been anything bad since it centered around potential transfers coming in instead of who we think should or could leave, particularly since all the young players on this roster are good enough to challenge to be potential starters. And there’s room for Liv if she wants to take her COVID year to stay at USC and start work on her masters.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

I’m going to post a “is SCar at UConn Threadworthy” thread on the General board at the end of tonight’s game.

Let’s all try to confine our posts about that matchup to that thread and stay off the UConn main board. Less potential for friction with their fans. Their best posters will see a thread in the General board anyway.

Thank you!

Reaction Score
Correction: I will post the SCar at UConn thread after THURSDAY Night's game.

Be patient brothers and sisters! Be polite especially when arguing. We are guests.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I’m late but will just say I don’t think the transfer discussion would’ve been anything bad since it centered around potential transfers coming in instead of who we think should or could leave, particularly since all the young players on this roster are good enough to challenge to be potential starters. And there’s room for Liv if she wants to take her COVID year to stay at USC and start work on her masters.

Any word on Amihere and Beal as far as next year's plans? Just musing as always.

Reaction Score
Any word on Amihere and Beal as far as next year's plans? Just musing as always.
I think they are probably both gone. Amihere does really well in International ball so she can go that route and I don’t think she would mind it. I wouldn’t be shocked though if she decided to stay. I would be shocked if Beal stayed.

Reaction Score
I think they are probably both gone. Amihere does really well in International ball so she can go that route and I don’t think she would mind it. I wouldn’t be shocked though if she decided to stay. I would be shocked if Beal stayed.
I would not be surprised if Beal stayed to polish her offensive resume. Despite her excellence defensively, I done see her being drafted this year

Reaction Score
I couldn't wait. Gamecocks/Huskys thread created on this General board - before final trap games are played.

PLAY NICE!

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if Beal stayed to polish her offensive resume. Despite her excellence defensively, I done see her being drafted this year
Beal has been on some draft boards. Don’t ask me where but I’ve seen them. Didi Richard’s is the best comparison I have with Beal. Defensive Player of the year, not a 3 pt threat, just a great overall player. We will see. The longer SC stays undefeated, the more Beal will get talked about in these big games.

Reaction Score
I think if Beal leaves she will definitely get drafted. She has been plays stifling defense on most of our opponents best players for 4 years and she's currently shooting 40% from 3.

Reaction Score
YALLL!!! JOYCE EDWARDS IS TOP 2 AND NOT 2!! 40 points 21 rebounds against Thomas who had 18 points 10 rebounds! Very good battle between them. Camden got the win. Also Kim is trying HARD to land her but Dawn isn’t letting Joyce leave her state.

Mulkeys sole purpose is to dethrone what Dawn has going on here. Sure any coach would want Joyce but this is personal for Mulkey. she does not want Dawn to pass her or RIP [Coach Summit]. She has no respect for coach DS because she thinks Coach DS is not on her level as a BB Coach.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think if Beal leaves she will definitely get drafted. She has been plays stifling defense on most of our opponents best players for 4 years and she's currently shooting 40% from 3.
possibly 2nd round IMO . We are talking about 28 WNBA Draft slots total, right ?

Reaction Score
The other big get particularly in this game is Blanca Thomas. SCar staff offered last year. 6ft5 post with alot of upside that we offered last year.

Reaction Score
Mulkeys sole purpose is to dethrone what Dawn has going on here. sure any coach would want Joyce but this is personal for Mulkey. she does not want Dawn to pass her or RIP [Coach Summit]. She has no respect for coach DS because she thinks Coach DS is not on her level as a BB Coach.

I don’t disagree they just got hot on Edwards trail after this summer and honestly I don’t blame her as she’s trying to takeover the SEC, why not recruit #2 player in the country that’s possibly going to play in the conference? Dawn recruited Mikaylah Williams so Kim is going to recruit Edwards especially with Reese leaving after next season. I think when it comes down to it, it’s going to be a tough decision for Joyce not to stay home and play with her friends and some former AAU teammates.

Reaction Score
possibly 2nd round IMO . We are talking about 28 WNBA Draft slots total, right ?
36 slots but that number is rather meaningless. All that matters is making a final roster. I think if she gets picked up from the right team she could be a good role player.

Reaction Score
36 slots but that number is rather meaningless. All that matters is making a final roster. I think if she gets picked up from the right team she could be a good role player.
The foreign team she picks will be the money maker. Those salaries are much better.

Reaction Score

Kool. Feathers I do not want to ruffle.

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree they just got hot on Edwards trail after this summer and honestly I don’t blame her as she’s trying to takeover the SEC, why not recruit #2 player in the country that’s possibly going to play in the conference? Dawn recruited Mikaylah Williams so Kim is going to recruit Edwards especially with Reese leaving after next season. I think when it comes down to it, it’s going to be a tough decision for Joyce not to stay home and play with her friends and some former AAU teammates.
@SCspur She is expected to recruit the best talent. ..I am telling your though-her motivation is personal also When coach DS kicks her but 02/12-you will see the real Mulkey come out..

Reaction Score
I watched the Alabama game last night, and a couple of things struck me.

1) SC's defense is superb. No one on Ala was capable of getting past a one-on-one defender for the entire first quarter. Ala's points required either a perimeter shot or some serious screening. By serious, I mean on the verge of getting whistled for moving. SC is just too big and quick.

2) even with that amazing defensive effort, the team looked... what's the right word?... uninspired, especially on offense. It seemed like they were mailing it in at some moments. That changed in the second half, when Ala didn't simply fold. Their engagement level went way up then.

I think they are hungry for a challenge like the one they got from Stanford. This bodes really well for the later rounds of the tournament, when they'll finally get to play some real competition. Of course, the games against LSU and Tennessee should also help a bit. They need to be tested to keep their minds in it.
You know they were off for 7 days before playing that game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul