Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One

Reaction Score
Notre Dame , Indiana, Ohio State, Baylor, Maryland Colorado, Arizona Gonzaga

San Diego State for a mega market, recruiting and the Paopao family
Wait, no Maryland this year? That’s too bad. That series has gone on for years and Brenda is a great coach.

I’m not overly surprised it wasn’t scheduled, but I would have liked to see SC match up with this year’s ND squad. Miles’ return alone makes them a top 5 team and they brought in some great new pieces too.

I think Indiana could have a nice sleeper year. Parrish looked ready to be a #1 option in the NCAAT. They’ll miss Holmes inside but the Striplin pickup from UT gives them frontcourt versatility. They also have a redshirt forward from UT Martin who didn’t play last year but has a lot of potential.

May be a bold take but I think Jaloni Cambridge could have a Hannah Hidalgo-like impact for Ohio State. If McMahon takes a jump they’ll be a top ten team.

Four matchups I’d love to see, but I’m not sure who I’d take off from our current schedule to replace them with. I think it’s more important to see UCLA and UConn than anyone listed above aside from maybe ND.

Reaction Score

Is this the right thread to rant and express thoughts on the State of South Carolina? Cause I have a few :rolleyes:

I forgot she ended up in red and black.... man yall greedy
Only if those “ thoughts” are about Clempsun or I/85 around gaffney

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

UCLA is an easy game for the Pao Pao family to attend. I don't consider San Diego to be a mega market; it's probably not even as big a market as Charlotte, which isn't that big.

Reaction Score
UCLA is an easy game for the Pao Pao family to attend. I don't consider San Diego to be a mega market; it's probably not even as big a market as Charlotte, which isn't that big.
San Diego County is 3.3 million. Second most populous county in California. Fifth most populous county in the US.

Paopao is from La Jolla which is in San Diego County - 13 miles outside of San Diego city. La Jolla is 113 miles to LA.

San Diego’s State plays in a Viejas Arena. Seats 12,444

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think some of you are way overthinking the size implications for next year. First of all Sakima is 6'5 and had some very decent moments this year that another year of development, weight room work and continuity should make her even more effective and also she is a very good perimeter shooter, as referenced when she was brought in the program. Secondly Adhel is actually 6'6 and more athletically gifted than Boston. Though she is not as polished, skilled or versatile as Boston, she is a very good rim protector and as close to Boston as we have had on defense and with her Basketball I.Q as Dawn has stated many times this year, even as lately as a radio show earlier this week. Tac has a good low post game and is a better finisher at the rim than Kamilla was her first two years here at Carolina. Pairing her with Watkins, Feagin and Edwards who is a vey good finisher underneath, we will be different but we can definitely match our production at that position. Remember Edwards won a gold as one of only two high school players on the U 19 gold medal winning team. She not only played with some of the top college sophomores in the country, she was chosen as one of the All Star 5 players of the tournament. Couple this with winning the MVP of the McDAA game, Nike Hoop Summitt and Jordan Brand Game and it obviously gives us more credible data on how she would translate in her freshmen year than other players coming into the NCAA game this year. This will be 6'6 (Tac) , 6'5 (Walker) , 6'3( Watkins), 6'3 (Edwards) 6'3( Feagin) and 6'2 (Kitts) in the front court. Tac's injury was minor and she has already passed her recovery period and stated on her ig live with Cardoso that she will be practicing with the team in June when they start summer workouts. Also for those that do not keep up, Tac would have been a McDonalds All American this year had she not entered college as the other post taken from the game, Shaq's daughter and another girl, were and still are rated well below her in the final rankings. At one time before her foot injury, she was rated as high as #5 in the class, which is why she was always my choice for which post we would take. Our frontline is deeper and more talented collectively than any in the country. Remember, as gaga as some were going on about Kiriafen going to any team, she was rated below Feagin coming out of high school and Sania towards the end of the year and especailly in the tourney was starting to reach her full potential, something Dawn also mentioned on her interview earlier this week. We need to relax. The portal was never a must for us with no transfers out of the program.
Good content but Paragraphs are a reader’s friend. Tough to read on a cell phone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
San Diego County is 3.3 million. Second most populous county in California. Fifth most populous county in the US.

Paopao is from La Jolla which is in San Diego County - 13 miles outside of San Diego city. La Jolla is 113 miles to LA.

San Diego’s State plays in a Viejas Arena. Seats 12,444
Tehina Paopao is from Oceanside, CA on the northern edge of San Diego County. Oside is 30 miles north of La Jolla (part of San Diego City) and 96 miles from Pauley Pavilion. Tehina’s family attended Oregon games at UCLA when she played for the Ducks and will no doubt attend the South Carolina-UCLA game November 24th. Paopao went to La Jolla Country Day School, the same school Kelsey Plum, Jada Williams, and Breya Cunningham attended.

Reaction Score
Tehina Paopao is from Oceanside, CA on the northern edge of San Diego County. Oside is 30 miles north of La Jolla (part of San Diego City) and 96 miles from Pauley Pavilion. Tehina’s family attended Oregon games at UCLA when she played for the Ducks and will no doubt attend the South Carolina-UCLA game November 24th. Paopao went to La Jolla Country Day School, the same school Kelsey Plum, Jada Williams, and Breya Cunningham attended.
Thanks. Pretty good high school to work on forming a relationship with. I would bet that there are other schools that produce D-1 talent in that county.

Dawn has said that she wants to play two California schools each year that we play out there. I can’t think of a better second school to pair with UCLA this year than San Diego State.

The Paopao family makes great recruiting story on TV. I have no doubt they will have family present at the Las Vegas opener and the UCLA games. I would just like to see them have a hometown game for family, town and friends. Granted it probably would not be an ABC broadcast or top ESPN channel, but there is plenty of room on the SECN before the conference season begins.

But SDS may not wanna fight outside it’s weight class.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hungry? We’ll see. They’ve been hungry for 3 consecutive years. I think Dawn has figured out how to keep them hungry
breaking news GIF

Dawn Staley Does Not Allow Players to Eat
University of South Carolina Scandal!

Details at 11:00.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member