Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One

Reaction Score
Gamecock WBB wins the Team of the Year ESPY but it didn’t get shown on ABC broadcast as the broadcast was showing the event with a 30 min tape delay. Looks like technical difficulties screwed up the end. I’m sure the ESPN rebroadcasts will correct it but sad it wasn’t on the “Live” ABC showing.

Reaction Score
:oops:

I didn't realize this year's ESPY would basically be a celebration of Gamecock women's basketball coaches, students and alumni. I may have tuned in if I knew that was going to happen.

Reaction Score
:oops:

I didn't realize this year's ESPY would basically be a celebration of Gamecock women's basketball coaches, students and alumni. I may have tuned in if I knew that was going to happen.
Aren't some of the ESPYs categories based on fan votes? Would think it be tricky to predict who would win some of these categories.

Reaction Score
Dont understand these WestCoast kids. Jazzy Davidson has dropped South Carolina from her finalist and added TCU and TX. Jordan Lee picked TX in 2025. Kennedy Smith to USC. Ice Brady to UConn in 2023.

I cannot figure for the life of me why we cannot get a kid from California, Oregon, Washington,

Reaction Score
Dont understand these WestCoast kids. Jazzy Davidson has dropped South Carolina from her finalist and added TCU and TX. Jordan Lee picked TX in 2025. Kennedy Smith to USC. Ice Brady to UConn in 2023.

I cannot figure for the life of me why we cannot get a kid from California, Oregon, Washington,
Who knows? At the same time has it hampered South Carolina?

Reaction Score

Dawn did get Tehina Paopao (Oceanside) to switch transfer destinations from TCU to South Carolina after her stint with Oregon. Wouldn’t surprise if the Gamecocks get more west coast prospects to commit over time.

Reaction Score
I think portal transfers are wildly different than high school commits. We've gotten a couple of players from California through the portal but never through high school.

Overall unlike many of the other top programs our nationwide reach of acquiring top talent out of highschool is rather limited. We've only successfully recruited only a handful of players West of the Mississippi River. I am hoping the recent recruitment of Tessa and Adhel is a sign of that changing.

While it hasn't hurt us in recent years, I wouldn't mind getting the best fit players possible to join the team regardless of where they came from.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I think portal transfers are wildly different than high school commits. We've gotten a couple of players from California through the portal but never through high school.

Overall unlike many of the other top programs our nationwide reach of acquiring top talent out of highschool is rather limited. We've only successfully recruited only a handful of players West of the Mississippi River. I am hoping the recent recruitment of Tessa and Adhel is a sign of that changing.

While it hasn't hurt us in recent years, I wouldn't mind getting the best fit players possible to join the team regardless of where they came from.
We've done well in the midwest for quite a while now, so Tessa J. is really a continuation of that.

I think Adhel's recruitment + signing can potentially go a long way as far as SC getting talent from Texas on westward.

I think the biggest hurdle for SC getting talent from California now is the sudden resurrection of USC (+UCLA). Juju would've been at SC had USC decided to continue being a middling program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom