Gamecocks 2022, part three (merged thread) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, part three (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was just reviewing the Texas A&M games.... Over 10 games they've only scored over 70 points in one game. Most of their games seem to be slugfests where they win or lose in the 60-50 range. With their height issues, I don't see this game being a problem. I bet we win by 40+ points.

Reaction Score
South Carolina comes into tonight hosting Texas A&M at Colonial Life Arena. The Gamecocks are on a current home winning streak of 31 games, and are 50-1 thus far in games in CLA, dating back over the past 4 seasons, with the lone loss being to NC State in 2020-21........

Reaction Score
Seeing it reported now that Breezy Hall is out tonight with a lower leg injury. Hopefully, it’s precautionary & not anything that will keep her out a few games.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I was just reviewing the Texas A&M games.... Over 10 games they've only scored over 70 points in one game. Most of their games seem to be slugfests where they win or lose in the 60-50 range. With their height issues, I don't see this game being a problem. I bet we win by 40+ points.
Nice bet.

Reaction Score
Anyone else worried dawn is sitting at the end of the bench a few times this year? I may be reading too much into it, but it screams she will take the next nba job and letting law and co run the show.

Reaction Score
Anyone else worried dawn is sitting at the end of the bench a few times this year? I may be reading too much into it, but it screams she will take the next nba job and letting law and co run the show.
Yeah, I don't know what was up with that but I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with the NBA. She has stated multiple times that her heart is in the college game and helping grow women's basketball.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't know what was up with that but I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with the NBA. She has stated multiple times that her heart is in the college game and helping grow women's basketball.
She is sick. That’s really the first time I have seen it for extended minutes. In the press conference she was very congested. She was asked about it and she said she was getting away from Boyer and chuckled. She was only asked about 3 questions tonight and usually it’s a 15 minute presser even when we demolish teams. You could tell she didn’t feel good.

Reaction Score

Not really worried about that.

Reaction Score
I know it’s an obvious observation, but the sheer depth on this year’s team is remarkable.
As good as last year’s team was, there was a noticeable drop-off at times in offense & defensive production whenever the starters came out & the main subs entered. This year, the ability & energy of the reserves is quite impressive, with some of the younger players (Feagin, Hall, & Cooper in particular) looking stronger & more confident with each game.
As we head into conference play this year, it’s a definite comfort and should make us even more difficult to prepare for.

Reaction Score
She is sick. That’s really the first time I have seen it for extended minutes. In the press conference she was very congested. She was asked about it and she said she was getting away from Boyer and chuckled. She was only asked about 3 questions tonight and usually it’s a 15 minute presser even when we demolish teams. You could tell she didn’t feel good.
I noticed she was wearing a mask again so this certainly explains that.
I know it’s an obvious observation, but the sheer depth on this year’s team is remarkable.
As good as last year’s team was, there was a noticeable drop-off at times in offense & defensive production whenever the starters came out & the main subs entered. This year, the ability & energy of the reserves is quite impressive, with some of the younger players (Feagin, Hall, & Cooper in particular) looking stronger & more confident with each game.
As we head into conference play this year, it’s a definite comfort and should make us even more difficult to prepare for.
This is the first year I can recall where all the talent is living up to their high school ratings and are deserving as much, if not more of the PT they’re getting. There is no roster bench filler on this team and this talent is showing they’re ready to move up as the seniors move on (I don’t count Olivia as she came in as a walk on and has never been a part of the rotation).

Reaction Score

I would include Ashlynn in your group of youngsters.

Reaction Score
And when they come in it’s a completely different look.. I have noticed when teams clog the paint on Aliyah it takes about 4 mins and Kamilla is in. It also is helpful that Brea and Zia are starting to connect on more 3s than not. Zia was 3/7 and Brea was 2/3. Defenses are sagging in and giving them wide open shots and They are making them.

Reaction Score
Teams are going to teach them how to make open shots and it's not 2014 as far as offensive talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom