Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
There's conflicting information out there about whether or not the new contract is a done deal. IMO, she needs to be paid more than Mulkey.

Reaction Score
There's conflicting information out there about whether or not the new contract is a done deal. IMO, she needs to be paid more than Mulkey.
I expect she will be up there. USC doesn’t want to be playing games especially after Dawn’s flirtation with the Blazers has her rethinking her past statements about not coaching pros. Mulkey certainly set the market. Question is will she be paid in the Vanderveer-Mulkey or the Mulkey-Geno range. And there likely will be added, less publicized inducements, such as another split level policy with an increase in value than the $1.5 million + interest of the current one.

Reaction Score
:):):):):):):):)
E88vGj7VkAAYR9G

Reaction Score
Boston wants to know why practice is so hard now.

I'm really interested to see her talk about her motivations this off-season during media days.

Reaction Score
I'm intrigued to see the dynamic of these two. Curious to see if Cardoso will get the starting nod over Saxton and have Boston move to the 4. Lot of options for Staley

Going to be really interesting when you throw in Amihere.

the stacked schedule will make it harder to experiment maybe.

I don't envy the playing time decisions.

Reaction Score
I'm intrigued to see the dynamic of these two. Curious to see if Cardoso will get the starting nod over Saxton and have Boston move to the 4. Lot of options for Staley
I don't see that playing out. I think we'll see the same starting five as last season, with perhaps Amihere taking over Saxton at the 4. Boston has been the best 5 in the nation the past 2 years, I don't think you move her. It works from a roster depth standpoint to keep her at the 5 as well with Cardoso being a key off the bench.

Reaction Score
To me the 4 spot is the only possible starting line up change. The 1 and 2 are locked up, and unless Rivers is killing it in practices and training camp, I don’t see Beal losing the 3. Feagin didn’t show me enough in U19 that she’s ready to be the starter now at the 3 or 4. So it’s whether Cardoso or Amihere have exhibited enough to move Saxton out. It will definite be intriguing to see how the season evolves and if the starting lineup changes any by the middle or end.

Reaction Score
Going to be really interesting when you throw in Amihere.

the stacked schedule will make it harder to experiment maybe.

I don't envy the playing time decisions.
I don’t envy it either - I wonder if Amihere will get more time at the 3 given her versatility, it will be interesting to see her development, especially following her stint with the Canadian National Team. She seemed to begin to put things together this past season, I definitely see her blossoming more

Reaction Score
To me the 4 spot is the only possible starting line up change. The 1 and 2 are locked up, and unless Rivers is killing it in practices and training camp, I don’t see Beal losing the 3. Feagin didn’t show me enough in U19 that she’s ready to be the starter now at the 3 or 4. So it’s whether Cardoso or Amihere have exhibited enough to move Saxton out. It will definite be intriguing to see how the season evolves and if the starting lineup changes any by the middle or end.
Who starts isn't nearly as important as the minutes and ultimately which lineups play together the most when it matters.

I think Beal's position should be contested, but I would be somewhat surprised if she lost it.

the other three spots seem locked in to me.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Who starts isn't nearly as important as the minutes and ultimately which lineups play together the most when it matters.

I think Beal's position should be contested, but I would be somewhat surprised if she lost it.

the other three spots seem locked in to me.
Beal is that glue player that Dawn loves; Asia Dozier, Elem Ibiam, etc. The only difference is that Beal was a top 12 player and McDonald's All-American.

Reaction Score
Beal is that glue player that Dawn loves; Asia Dozier, Elem Ibiam, etc. The only difference is that Beal was a top 12 player and McDonald's All-American.

with the caveat that SC was maybe a missed put back away from the title last season, I'm not sure last year's level of offense from Saxton and Beal can play many minutes together.

Beal adding consistent shooting to her game would solve all of that. That's her missing link, imo.

I kind of doubt that there is an immediate better option. I think the freshmen will need time to feel their way, but we will see.

Reaction Score
I don’t envy it either - I wonder if Amihere will get more time at the 3 given her versatility, it will be interesting to see her development, especially following her stint with the Canadian National Team. She seemed to begin to put things together this past season, I definitely see her blossoming more

Don't forget she's finally rounding into form after 2 ACL injuries and not having a brace on her leg. It takes a lot longer to get used to that than I thought from what I've learned.

Reaction Score
From the video it doesn't look like LeLe is practicing. She's got on a long sleeve t-shirt. :(

Reaction Score
From the video it doesn't look like LeLe is practicing. She's got on a long sleeve t-shirt. :(

From what I've read she probably won't be fully ready to play until around SEC season starts. The regular season doesn't start until November, so she's still healing from her injury....

Reaction Score

No way should SC put Amihere at the 3. If that were to happen- the opposing team goes zone or some other major sagging/gimmick defense.

Reaction Score
No way should SC put Amihere at the 3. If that were to happen- the opposing team goes zone or some other major sagging/gimmick defense.
I agree that it shouldn't be her natural position. But, I think we'll experiment with her playing the 3 so that Dawn can see if she can situationally use a Cardoso-Boston-Amihere lineup to exploit matchups.

Reaction Score
??? What is this based on ? Her freshman yr she was 7-12 from 3. Sophomore she hardly took any threes. Shhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom