Gamecocks 2022, Part II | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
26 needs an extra lane in both directions all the way down to the 95 interchange. It was frustrating on the way back .. on a Thursday afternoon.

I went to Wofford for the Panthers Camp a couple of summers ago....... I went through there early on a saturday morning.. it wasnt bad, but I could see where the 85 construction zone would be a problem at a later time of day. Looks like it will still be under construction next summer when I head back down that stretch for the last Panther camp at Wofford.
They're about to spend a billion dollars on Malfunction Junction (I-26, I-20, I-126 areas), but I wish they'd instead spend it on rail. Obviously, I know that will never happen in SC.

Reaction Score

Check out Raven’s arms!! She’s definitely going to be a problem for opponents! Especially when she picks the ball up full court!

Definitely a bigger girl then I thought. Looks taller and wider. Pretty solid build. Made Henney look small going head to head at the intrasquad a couple weeks ago and equaled the size of the male player that was guarding her during the scrimmage against the practice players. Will be interesting to see how her body transforms over time.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
They're about to spend a billion dollars on Malfunction Junction (I-26, I-20, I-126 areas), but I wish they'd instead spend it on rail. Obviously, I know that will never happen in SC.
A billion seems like a lot. But that area is kind of a nightmare. And it’s going to get worse as Columbia continues growing outward.

Hopefully it doesn’t take 10 years to complete. Back home in Charleston.. I remember they started working on Ashley Phosphate when I was in 8th grade.. and they didn’t finish it until my senior year in undergrad.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
I lived in Irmo but worked off I-77. The trip home each afternoon to Malfunction Junctions from I-20 was horrible. I did find it easier to go Broad River or to get to Irmo by the frontage roads off Piney Grove that go up both sides...lol....for 8 years I made that trip. I will never return to Irmo to live. It's a great place just way too much traffic.

Reaction Score
I lived in Irmo but worked off I-77. The trip home each afternoon to Malfunction Junctions from I-20 was horrible. I did find it easier to go Broad River or to get to Irmo by the frontage roads off Piney Grove that go up both sides...lol....for 8 years I made that trip. I will never return to Irmo to live. It's a great place just way too much traffic.
I live in Irmo as well right off of Harbinson and i experience the same thing lol. I love Irmo but thinking about moving more in towards Lexington or out near Ballentine. The traffic is beyond crazy for sure.

Reaction Score
I live in Irmo as well right off of Harbinson and i experience the same thing lol. I love Irmo but thinking about moving more in towards Lexington or out near Ballentine. The traffic is beyond crazy for sure.
Wow I’m out near Piney Grove and Broad River. Traffic sucks balls!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I know traffic is terrible out there, but there are other ways to deal with bad traffic besides more roads, such as HOV Lanes, encouraging car pooling and commuter rail. SC is the only state I know of that doesn't have a single HOV lane.

Reaction Score
Wow I’m out near Piney Grove and Broad River. Traffic sucks balls!

Wow! Small world it is! I’m on Broad River all the time eating at Rush’s or Chiki’s lol

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I did it again, I'll take the blame. :oops:

On my trip to SC, I actually wanted to see what the big fuss was about concerning that interchange (i've heard and read up about it) and thought about checking it out, but we had to catch a ferry at 1pm (for a trip we paid for in advance) so I didn't take any chances and kept on 77 to 26. It probably would have been ok.... it was around 8:15-8:30am or so we were passing through. Thought about it on the way back... but I was in a salty mood and wanted to get back home .... so I hit 77 instead of going to see the interchange... it was around 2:30pm or so when we passed back through Columbia.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I did it again, I'll take the blame. :oops:

On my trip to SC, I actually wanted to see what the big fuss was about concerning that interchange (i've heard and read up about it) and thought about checking it out, but we had to catch a ferry at 1pm (for a trip we paid for in advance) so I didn't take any chances and kept on 77 to 26. It probably would have been ok.... it was around 8:15-8:30am or so we were passing through. Thought about it on the way back... but I was in a salty mood and wanted to get back home .... so I hit 77 instead of going to see the interchange... it was around 2:30pm or so when we passed back through Columbia.
It's usually only bad during rush hour unless there's an accident. I work near there, but I live in the downtown area and drive against traffic, plus don't have to get on the interstate.

Reaction Score
Dawn’s contract was a big topic of conversation at a gathering I attended this weekend. Since many of the attendees also have daughters who play sports they were all excited about the investment SC has made in a woman’s sport. If you’re from SC you already know the involvement and impact Dawn has in this community. Other than a handful of “Go make me a sammich “ tough guys this has drawn great support across the state.

Reaction Score
Does Dawn's new contract make her the highest paid coach in women's college basketball? Are there any other coaches getting paid over $3 million a year?

Reaction Score
Does Dawn's new contract make her the highest paid coach in women's college basketball? Are there any other coaches getting paid over $3 million a year?
l believe Geno during the early years of Dawn’s contract might still be the highest paid. I recall his contract tops out at $3.2 mil in its final year. Dawn’s starts @ $2.9, rising each year in $100,000 increments, topping at $3.5 in the last year. I could be wrong on Geno’s contract numbers though. We do know Dawn’s contract tops Mulkey’s.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
3Mil is SC goes a bit further than 3 Mil in CT.

1634506415966.png

Reaction Score
Good, that will ensure her place at the top of the SEC pay scale, which is where she should be.

Ahead of Geno? In fairness, if this was a world where performance was rewarded logically, shouldn't he be the highest paid?

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Wow! Small world it is! I’m on Broad River all the time eating at Rush’s or Chiki’s lol
When I retired (fire department) I worked at Carolina Wings, Fatz Cafe and Cracker Barrel in Irmo.....retirement wasn't good for me...I was too young to handle it....lol....I had to stay busy. I moved to North Carolina and started a new business. I am about ready to retire again...I think....maybe....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom