Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did anybody get to watch last night’s Under Armor Elite 24 game?

I’ve only found one reference this mourning. Apparently, Joyce edwards led all scorers with 28 for the losing team. Fulwiley scored 11 for the winners. Future POI ZaKiya Johnson also was among the scoring leaders.

Mikaylah Williams shines in Breakthru's win at inaugural Elite 24 game
I watched and was impressed by Edwards and Fuwiley. Also among the uncommitted players I liked Prosper and Blanca Thomas. Wondering if Prosper has an offer from SC.

Reaction Score
I watched and was impressed by Edwards and Fuwiley. Also among the uncommitted players I liked Prosper and Blanca Thomas. Wondering if Prosper has an offer from SC.
Everything is very close to the vest with Prosper. Her recruitment has been very private. I haven't heard anything through the contacts I have up here, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was one.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I absolutely love Fulwiley's game and the fact that she's local is even better.

Reaction Score
Did anybody get to watch last night’s Under Armor Elite 24 game?

I’ve only found one reference this mourning. Apparently, Joyce edwards led all scorers with 28 for the losing team. Fulwiley scored 11 for the winners. Future POI ZaKiya Johnson also was among the scoring leaders.

Mikaylah Williams shines in Breakthru's win at inaugural Elite 24 game
I watched it. It was pretty much an everybody for themselves kind of game. Not a whole lot of defense and not a whole lot of passing. Fulwiley had some terrific moves to the basket. She will be exciting to watch - I hope in Columbia. Joyce is a beast. There's no other way to put it. Hope both of those girls are Gamecocks.

Reaction Score
Sara Strong didn't see the ball much in a guard-dominant game but I was still impressed at her strength. She set a screen at a high post and it was like a balloon bouncing off concrete. She had a stamina issue late in the 2nd half. A block of granite with a shooter's touch. She made a great one-touch pass too.
Edwards was very impressive. Size and a genuine perimeter game.

Reaction Score
Sara Strong didn't see the ball much in a guard-dominant game but I was still impressed at her strength. She set a screen at a high post and it was like a balloon bouncing off concrete. She had a stamina issue late in the 2nd half. A block of granite with a shooter's touch. She made a great one-touch pass too.
Edwards was very impressive. Size and a genuine perimeter game.
Dawn's level of interest in Sarah Strong, and vice versa, is uncertain. There are some reports that we are recruiting her and Jolette has did watch her at one of this Summer's events at least. Sarah herself has reported a number of offers from other schools, including other regional teams like Clemson, NC State and UNC, but never one from SCar. I certainly hope she makes one of our home games this coming season on an unofficial visit. Though all of our Top Ten-ish opponents will be road games.

I can't help believing that she will end up at her dad's alma mater, NC State. Their family are active Wofpack supporters. But then, she is also involved with UNC instead of shunning them like a hardcore Wolfie.

Reaction Score
Dawn's level of interest in Sarah Strong, and vice versa, is uncertain. There are some reports that we are recruiting her and Jolette has did watch her at one of this Summer's events at least. Sarah herself has reported a number of offers from other schools, including other regional teams like Clemson, NC State and UNC, but never one from SCar. I certainly hope she makes one of our home games this coming season on an unofficial visit. Though all of our Top Ten-ish opponents will be road games.

I can't help believing that she will end up at her dad's alma mater, NC State. Their family are active Wofpack supporters. But then, she is also involved with UNC instead of shunning them like a hardcore Wolfie.
Banghart might have burned that bridge with her dad with the podcast quote lol.

Reaction Score

That’s because Dawn is all in on Joyce Edwards, Kendall Dudley, and Justice Carlton from that class. Strong has a nice shooting stroke but she isn’t particularly quick or athletic and she’s undersized at 6’2”. Those factors are probably what kept Dawn from offering.

Reaction Score
That’s because Dawn is all in on Joyce Edwards, Kendall Dudley, and Justice Carlton from that class. Strong has a nice shooting stroke but she isn’t particularly quick or athletic and she’s undersized at 6’2”. Those factors are probably what kept Dawn from offering.
well, Dawn has offered Bigs Blanca Thomas, Kennedy Ume and Adhel Tac in the 2024 class so i don't think being all in on Joyce Edwards fills the spot. AND I'm not saying Dawn has not offered Strong. Just saying I have not seen anything that would confirm that she has.

Also, I'm not sure Dawn has offered Justice Carlton - only that we are one of 20 . . . er . . . 21 teams she is thinking about.

Reaction Score
The one thing that makes me hopeful is that all these SC girls have grown up with Dawn Staley in their ear before anybody else. They have been fixtures at her camps since they could bounce a BB, much like A’ja. It’s kind of like A’ja said - Dawn makes it really hard for in state kids to tell her no because there are so many people telling them all the reasons they should stay home.

Reaction Score
well, Dawn has offered Bigs Blanca Thomas, Kennedy Ume and Adhel Tac in the 2024 class so i don't think being all in on Joyce Edwards fills the spot. AND I'm not saying Dawn has not offered Strong. Just saying I have not seen anything that would confirm that she has.

Also, I'm not sure Dawn has offered Justice Carlton - only that we are one of 20 . . . er . . . 21 teams she is thinking about.

Edwards, Carlton, Dudley and Strong are forwards.

Thomas, Ume and Tac are all Posts.

Also Dawn has offered Carlton.

Reaction Score

I forgot Kateryna Koval (6-4 post originally from Ukraine) in my list of Bigs that Dawn has offered.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yep, as far as I know there is nothing connecting Strong to SC. Never say never but I don't think we're in that fight.

The one thing that makes me hopeful is that all these SC girls have grown up with Dawn Staley in their ear before anybody else. They have been fixtures at her camps since they could bounce a BB, much like A’ja. It’s kind of like A’ja said - Dawn makes it really hard for in state kids to tell her no because there are so many people telling them all the reasons they should stay home.
This right here, Dawn has instilled that culture across the state and is so grounded in grassroots basketball in the state that SC kids are literally being told now at a young age that you should work your tail off to "go play for Dawn one day". I've seen it in person. Off topic, but the MBB really needs to start there because there seems to be a lot of animosity between our MBB program and the AAU/Grassroots basketball programs in the state. It's the literal opposite for WBB.

Reaction Score
If Raven should regain atleast 75% of her previous play we should be cutting nets again. I love the idea of having her lead the second unit she’s going to turn a lot of heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom