Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds like the Gamecocks are probably going to have a much thinner margin of error this year with W-Ls as the only big non-con games on the schedule are Stanford, Maryland, Oregon, and UConn. Doesn’t sound like anybody else of note is willing to play SC.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the Gamecocks are probably going to have a much thinner margin of error this year with W-Ls as the only big non-con games on the schedule are Stanford, Maryland, Oregon, and UConn. Doesn’t sound like anybody else of note is willing to play SC.
I was disappointed more teams weren't willing to step up to the plate. Can't be the best if you aren't willing to play the best. And I don't mean that as in us being the best.. I mean we were (are) always willing to do it because being battle tested when the tournament rolls around is an immeasurable advantage to have for anyone who wants to reach the top.

Reaction Score
I was disappointed more teams weren't willing to step up to the plate. Can't be the best if you aren't willing to play the best. And I don't mean that as in us being the best.. I mean we were (are) always willing to do it because being battle tested when the tournament rolls around is an immeasurable advantage to have for anyone who wants to reach the top.
Yup, agreed. Credit to Geno, Tara, Brenda, and Kelly. Say what you will but those four are always willing to play anybody.

Reaction Score
It’s finally here!

It’s kind of weak in my opinion, but Dawn said she couldn’t get anybody to agree to play them. Guess Oregon bailed.

Gamecocks probably can’t afford to drop more than one of those big three games.

Fortunately the SEC slate will be challenging and will prepare us well.

Reaction Score
Looks like second time Oregon has bailed ou . . .uhm . . . Had scheduling problems

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Meh, a bit of an underwhelming schedule in my opinion. Too bad y'all backed out of playing any schools in NC. Ain't no reason yall should be scared of coming up to play the likes of Charlotte, NC A&T, Elon, or High Point. Yall playing Charleston Southern? Come on man.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I guess we now know the team that “ducked” us.. definitely one of our weaker schedules recently. Would've loved to see a NC school on the schedule.

It’ll be interesting to see how enthusiastic teams will be to play us next season.

Reaction Score
UCLA at home is new to me. I guess that kinda makes up for the loss of Oregon.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I guess we now know the team that “ducked” us.. definitely one of our weaker schedules recently. Would've loved to see a NC school on the schedule.

It’ll be interesting to see how enthusiastic teams will be to play us next season.

Its 2022... we name names.

Kinda surprised that yall haven't scheduled a home and home with Charlotte. Seems like that would be a good draw with all of the SC fans in Charlotte Metro.

Reaction Score

Kinda surprised that yall haven't scheduled a home and home with Charlotte. Seems like that would be a good draw with all of the SC fans in Charlotte Metro.
I think it would be cool to have a neutral game of USC vs one of the Triad schools.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

The school has already been named.

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see how in depth Dawn names names whenever her next pc happens. Cal Poly is an obvious late add fill in.

Looking fwd to seeing Kiki Rice play in person.

Reaction Score
I like it. IMO the negative aspect of last year's schedule was led by the fact that our freshman couldn't get playtime to elevate their game because the schedule required our starters to play most of each game. This year, with the exception of PG, our starters have basically seen all of what women's college basketball can throw at them. It's now time for the depth to get that experience while simultaneously giving the PGs enough rope to learn Dawn's style without costing us a game. We have the big games to keep our seniors in shape and the smaller games to let the backups have meaningful experiences that can be useful during SEC and postseason play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom