Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why would a successful college coach, who is on top of the college game with a few others want to coach in the NBA or W NBA?
She has better fans less headcases, like in th NBA, and a much better fan base then in the WNBA.
Can the WNBA come close to matching her salary at Carolina? Don't we pay her more than a WNBA team pays players and coaches combined?

Isn't Becky Hammond the only million dollar coach? Isn't the WNBA team salary cap for players $1,379,200? Dawns BASE salary is about 3 million. So she earns about $600,00 more than a whole WNBA TEAM. (okay, I'm leaving off assistants but you see what I mean.

Now, if UVA got close to us in money . . .

Reaction Score
Can the WNBA come close to matching her salary at Carolina? Don't we pay her more than a WNBA team pays players and coaches combined?

Isn't Becky Hammond the only million dollar coach? Isn't the WNBA team salary cap for players $1,379,200? Dawns BASE salary is about 3 million. So she earns about $600,00 more than a whole WNBA TEAM. (okay, I'm leaving off assistants but you see what I mean.

Dawn says she wants to retire in Columbia. She has moved almost her entire family there. She just built A magnificent house on the river. Whatever Dawn asks for in Columbia she gets. I don’t think she’s going anywhere.

Reaction Score

I truly don't believe she would leave for Virginia if they offered her more at this point, either.

And whatever they'd hypothetically offer, we would hand over whatever the difference is to beat their offer anyway.

Reaction Score
Part 3

Can't we just pretend like Mizzou didn't happen. That will never NOT sting.

ETA: losing to them in ANYTHING gets under my skin at an unhealthy level. I cannot stand those pissants. Sorry not sorry.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I think it's more a case of wishful thinking on other ppl's parts. It's like ppl are trying their best to speak it into reality.
Exactly what it is. Give it a rest already. I'm sick of hearing the question so I know she is.

Reaction Score
Perhaps overlooked about Aliya Boston.

She was the first player to ever be awarded Academic All American of the Year as a soph. She repeated as a junior. She has a chance to become the first player to ever win the award three times.

Personally, I would like to see her delay her entry into the Wnba the first year and seek a Rhodes Scholarship after graduation. Maybe play a little EuroLeague while she attends Oxford if she has time. Or maybe be a EuroLeague announcer if that takes up less study time.

The path less chosen.

Reaction Score
Perhaps overlooked about Aliya Boston.

She was the first player to ever be awarded Academic All American of the Year as a soph. She repeated as a junior. She has a chance to become the first player to ever win the award three times.

Personally, I would like to see her delay her entry into the Wnba the first year and seek a Rhodes Scholarship after graduation. Maybe play a little EuroLeague while she attends Oxford if she has time. Or maybe be a EuroLeague announcer if that takes up less study time.

The path less chosen.
Aliyah, like A’ja, will make a fortune off of her brand after College. The difference is that Aliyah already has so many irons in the fire even before she gets there.

Reaction Score
Anyway.. pretty cool hearing Dawn speak at the P&C event a few weeks ago. She's always great in settings like this. Great sense of humor. I love hearing her talk about recruiting with Boyer.

Hahaha... Did she say in her description of our FAMs we are "die hard, loyal and probably borderline crass?" LOL... Crass is a nice way of putting it when we get riled up. Lmao.

Reaction Score
Hahaha... Did she say in her description of our FAMs we are "die hard, loyal and probably borderline crass?" LOL... Crass is a nice way of putting it when we get riled up. Lmao.
My favorite story of hers was when Boyer got up in the middle of a presentation to a recruit and turned the TV off. :D:D:D

Reaction Score
Aliyah, like A’ja, will make a fortune off of her brand after College. The difference is that Aliyah already has so many irons in the fire even before she gets there.
I think Boston, Bueckers and Clerk (BBC) are going to change the way the WNBA negotiates with draftees. They are going to demand that they retain certain property rights that the WNBA claims now and demand that the teams give them certain privileges that weren't considered in the past. These three brands are big and growing.

Reaction Score
Come on Gamecock Nation. Share some more info on these 2023 recruits. In my New York voice. See something say something. Too many insiders in our tribe not to know-

Reaction Score
I think Boston, Bueckers and Clerk (BBC) are going to change the way the WNBA negotiates with draftees. They are going to demand that they retain certain property rights that the WNBA claims now and demand that the teams give them certain privileges that weren't considered in the past. These three brands are big and growing.
Not sure what property rights the WNBA claims or privileges they will demand. Examples?

Reaction Score
Can't we just pretend like Mizzou didn't happen. That will never NOT sting.

ETA: losing to them in ANYTHING gets under my skin at an unhealthy level. I cannot stand those pissants. Sorry not sorry.
SC won both of their national titles after last second losses to Missouri. I am OK losing to them in that fashion, if it continues to yield the same results.

Reaction Score
OMG what has happened to us ? We have been on page 13 for 3 weeks now... Nobody has anything ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom