Game Week - UConn vs. Wagner (8/29/19 @ 7p on ESPN3) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn vs. Wagner (8/29/19 @ 7p on ESPN3)

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
On ESPN3, can you start a game from the beginning, if you start watching mid-game?

Reaction Score
Ostrout: Vet LBs likely to get call

>>Edsall said his younger linebackers are likely to see play on special teams. “The young guys, Terrence (Ganyi) and Jackson (Mitchell) and Jordan (Morrison), those guys are all learning and getting better. They’re probably going to be making their contributions early in the season on special teams,” Edsall said.<<

Reaction Score
As of Monday afternoon, about 16,000 tickets had been distributed for Thursday night’s game according to the Wtby Republican American.

Reaction Score
As of Monday afternoon, about 16,000 tickets had been distributed for Thursday night’s game according to the Wtby Republican American.

It is what it is. I would be concerned if they were coming off a bowl season, but considering how bad the last 7 years have been combined with the national trend of declining attendance even for some of the more successful P5 programs, it's about what one could expect.

There are 0 fanbases in the country that would be turning out in droves if they endured what this fanbase has gone through so it is not an indictment of anyone that follows the program, but more the people that were tasked with overseeing the program in some capacity during this prolonged down period.

Reaction Score
It is what it is. I would be concerned if they were coming off a bowl season, but considering how bad the last 7 years have been combined with the national trend of declining attendance even for some of the more successful P5 programs, it's about what one could expect.

There are 0 fanbases in the country that would be turning out in droves if they endured what this fanbase has gone through so it is not an indictment of anyone that follows the program, but more the people that were tasked with overseeing the program in some capacity during this prolonged down period.

not to mention it is thursday night of a holiday weekend and the opponent is Wagner.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not that Edsall isn’t being a putz for the sake of being a putz but.....

If you don’t share information because of gambling it actually puts your staff and players MORE AT RISK because the information is more valuable because it’s secret.

But he’s really just being difficult for the sake of being difficult at this point. When attendance is zero and the games aren’t even on radio he’ll be thrilled.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Not that Edsall isn’t being a putz for the sake of being a putz but.....

If you don’t share information because of gambling it actually puts your staff and players MORE AT RISK because the information is more valuable because it’s secret.

But he’s really just being difficult for the sake of being difficult at this point. When attendance is zero and the games aren’t even on radio he’ll be thrilled.
I was thinking about that angle as well. From a gambling standpoint if most factors are not public, doesn't that make any details more valuable? From a gambling perspective, does it make us less attractive to make book on? I mean, abysmally low performance, or being worse than that... the o/u will be high, and our odds to win will just be lower... using it as a reason doesn't ring true.

Reaction Score

Alternate link here

>>To quantify the youth of last year’s Huskies, The Courant analyzed every UConn starting lineup from 2018, using a system that counted 1 point for each start by a freshman, 2 for each by a sophomore, etc. While the average offensive starter for any given game was a 2.99 (i.e. a junior), the average defensive starter was only a 1.62 (about midway between a freshman and sophomore).

By comparison, the projected 2019 starting offense averages a 2.72, down a bit from last year, but this year’s projected starting D averages a 2.64, up sharply from a season ago.<<

Reaction Score
Sneak peak of field...

Reaction Score
For those who missed it in a different thread earlier this week.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sneak peak of field...

I'm a little disappointed it isn't the Block C in the Connecticut state outline.

(Oh and outlining in red? Does Randy have no control over the stadium?)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I don’t think they are included as they aren’t getting tickets this season. So, it would seem to me the numbers at 16k plus students as of Monday.
IMO they should report a sold out student section every game. What if it is 16k with a reported sold out student section....

Also 16k, does that include the two freebies for season ticket holders? God I hope not. Would imply we have 5k Season ticket holders.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don’t think they are included as they aren’t getting tickets this season. So, it would seem to me the numbers at 16k plus students as of Monday.

im sure it count the tickets they have given to students already. its not complicated - distributed = printed

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
IMO they should report a sold out student section every game. What if it is 16k with a reported sold out student section....

Also 16k, does that include the two freebies for season ticket holders? God I hope not. Would imply we have 5k Season ticket holders.

That’s about right. There are about 5k non student paid season tickets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom