Game Week - UConn vs. Wagner (8/29/19 @ 7p on ESPN3) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn vs. Wagner (8/29/19 @ 7p on ESPN3)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No tickets for students this year. Just ID.

Then they are going to announce a hilarious number. If they get 15k in the building that will be surprising.

Reaction Score

>>Did You Know? Last Time a Wagner Team Faced a UConn Team in any Sport, Seahawk Men's Basketball Stunned No. 18 Huskies in 2016 Season Opener.

The last time that a Wagner team competed against UConn in any sport was on November 11, 2016 when the Seahawks shocked the Huskies 67-58 at Gampel Pavilion in what was the season opener for both teams.<<

Reaction Score
Is it sad that I would be happy to see 15k there?
not at all. Many people have to work and won't be able to make a night game during the week. Its also not like we are playing Ohio State. If we beat Wagner and look pretty good doing it there may be a decent crowd against Illinois the following sat

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
come down to Stamford and work with me until 5 and try to make it up to the Rent! I think you will be singing a different song!
Fairfield County. Surprise, surprise, surprise. If you don't want to go to the game, just say it. Traveling from Fairfield is an excuse. Fairfield drivers would complain if the Stadium were in Monroe.

If I were only going to the game, I would probably make an effort to go in an hour early, work through lunch, and leave around 3:30. Have a sandwich on the way up.

If I wanted to tailgate (like I am), I would take either a half day (and still make an effort to get into the office early) or a full day vacation. The schedule comes out 6 months prior to kickoff and UConn has played on the Thursday preceding Labor Day every season since 2010. How long does it take to get a vacation day approved?

Many people don't want to go to the game because they don't feel the entertainment value approaches the cost. People don't need ready-made excuses like traveling from Stamford.

Last edited:

Husky25

Reaction Score
Nothing... he's all set.

He is now. Wonder if he was angling for a sideline pass. Not sure why that would be an issue for a former player, even if he was not coached by Edsall.

Reaction Score
He is now. Wonder if he was angling for a sideline pass. Not sure why that would be an issue for a former player, even if he was not coached by Edsall.

I don't think there was an issue... he reached out and was quickly taken care of by the program. Edsall has been pretty clear about his desire for all football alum to be around the program.

Probably would have had the same result if he just called Burton/Shenkman.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Oh good. An attendance debate. These are always interesting and fresh.
Not an attendance debate. I couldn't care much less if a random someone doesn't want to go to the game, but most ticket holders have jobs. There are many ways to fit both in, even if one is on second shift. If the work day is over at 5:00, it's an excuse, not a reason. Traveling from Fairfield County is a whiny excuse cloaked as a humble brag.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I don't think there was an issue... he reached out and was quickly taken care of by the program. Edsall has been pretty clear about his desire for all football alum to be around the program.

Probably would have had the same result if he just called Burton/Shenkman.
I wasn't following the timeline. I see that now.

Re: Bold - My thoughts exactly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not an attendance debate. I couldn't care much less if a random someone doesn't want to go to the game, but most ticket holders have jobs. There are many ways to fit both in, even if one is on second shift. If the work day is over at 5:00, it's an excuse, not a reason. Traveling from Fairfield County is a whiny excuse cloaked as a humble brag.

What a weird take

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom