Game Week - UConn v. Rhode Island (Saturday 9/15/18 @ Noon on SNY) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Rhode Island (Saturday 9/15/18 @ Noon on SNY)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Per the article:
"If the Huskies can't win this game by double digits, the problems are even worse than I thought. Give me UConn and the reasonable chalk, as this is a game the home team should cruise."

Haven't seen RI but given what I've seen from UConn I'd just like to see a game that looks like UConn knows what to do each play, doesn't telegraph it's scheme on each offensive and defensive play and is competitive physically with RI. Cruising, hmmmmm, pass the pipe!

But this is a game where we should out play the opponent in trenches on both sides of the ball....and if that is not apparent in the first half, it should be in the second half.....if not, the staff was fooling itself with the off season lifting program.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I feel like we will win but not as handily as we would like. Who knows really? The first two blood baths told us very little about this team. URI isn't a horrific team, but it is a team that we, even as young as we are, should beat comfortably. We'll know more about where we stand after this game.

Reaction Score
But this is a game where we should out play the opponent in trenches on both sides of the ball....and if that is not apparent in the first half, it should be in the second half.....if not, the staff was fooling itself with the off season lifting program.

I don't understand. Because URI doesn't have an off season lifting program?

Reaction Score
Any line on this game yet? Not sure we’re favored.
Didn't know they did lines when the opponent is FCS. At least ESPN does not post one in that situation.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I wonder if URI is feeling disrespected that they’re not a “Block C” game.

Reaction Score
UConn Football Gameday Central

PROMOTIONS:
  • UConn Autograph Day
    • The UConn men's basketball, women's basketball and men's ice hockey teams will be signing autographs at Fan Fest from 10:30-11:30 a.m. Free autograph cards will be provided.
  • Band Day
    • Over 1,000 high school band members from around the Northeast will be performing with the UConn Marching Band for a special halftime show.
  • Junior Husky Club Day
    • UConn Junior Husky Club members +1 guest get a FREE ticket to the game plus discounted tickets for family members. Members can pick up their member pack and participate in exclusive experiences. Sign up your child today at JuniorHusky.com.
  • Season Ticket Holder & Mini Plan Flag Pickup
    • Season ticket holders and mini plan buyers can pick up their 2018 premium items at Fan Fest. Please visit the Athletics Marketing table in Fan Fest near Gate C.
7 A.M. - PARKING LOTS OPEN FOR SEASON PASS HOLDERS
Exclusively for the season home opener, parking lots will open one hour earlier. Season parking pass holders can access the parking lots beginning at 7 a.m. and can park anywhere in their designated lot for the first 2 hours to tailgate next to friends and family.

8 A.M. - PARKING LOTS OPEN FOR SINGLE PASS BUYERS
Exclusively for the season home opener, parking lots will open one hour earlier. Get in early and get the grill going! All fans can access the parking lots beginning at 8 a.m. Don’t forget to use #UConnTailgate all season long when posting pictures of your gameday setup.

10 A.M. - HUSKY WALK
Kickoff your gameday with a UConn tradition and greet the football team as they arrive at the stadium! Husky Walk takes place approximately 2 hours before kickoff at Fan Fest on the north side of the stadium between Gates C & D. Fans are encouraged to make their way to Husky Walk 2 ½ hours prior to kickoff.

Post #2 above updated w/ Game Notes/TV/Radio info:

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Maybe we can find a way to get the ball on short throws to Dixon and let his speed do the rest? He is a threat on KO return but with him and Hergy on the field at the same time who does the defense double? If both it should open up other options.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Maybe we can find a way to get the ball on short throws to Dixon and let his speed do the rest? He is a threat on KO return but with him and Hergy on the field at the same time who does the defense double? If both it should open up other options.
I'm curious what we can do when we aren't physically over matched. In a lot of ways this game is like the first game of the season. We should have a much better understanding of what we have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom