Game Week - UConn v. Rhode Island (Saturday 9/15/18 @ Noon on SNY) | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Rhode Island (Saturday 9/15/18 @ Noon on SNY)

Reaction Score
UConn Depth Chart
UConn Game Notes for URI

TV: SNY Eamon McAnaney (pbp), Andy Gresh (analyst), Justin Ward (sideline)

Radio: UConn IMG Sports Network Mike Crispino (pbp), Wayne Norman (analyst), Bob Joyce (sideline, pregame host) 97.9 ESPN Hartford, WINE 940 AM, WGCH 1490 AM, WICC 600 AM, WAVZ 1300 AM, WXLM 980 AM, WATR 1320 AM WILI 1400 AM and 95.3

FM Satellite Radio: Sirus XM: Channels 206, 383 and 974

Also Available on the TuneIn Radio App.

URI GameDay Notes: Rams Renew Old Rivalry Saturday at Connecticut

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
upload_2018-9-10_18-25-1.png

If we win 12 -3, the BY will be an ugly, ugly place. Of course if we lose, I won't bother coming on until the following Friday.

Reaction Score
Beating Villanova 20-15 in 2015 was a decent win for us at the time. This situation feels kinda like that. FCS or not, we need to win a game against anything resembling a football team. Build confidence from the ground up.

Reaction Score
I realize our blowout losses were to a couple of top 20 teams, but they both moved the ball and scored SOOOO effortlessly, especially Boise, that its very possible URI could put up 4o+. I would not be surprised if they do. Disappointed yes, but surprised not at all.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This team isn’t capable of holding anybody to 3 points, so we don’t have to take that projection seriously.
I guess we'll see. I'm inclined to agree with you, but we may be pleasantly surprised.

Reaction Score
Beating Villanova 20-15 in 2015 was a decent win for us at the time. This situation feels kinda like that. FCS or not, we need to win a game against anything resembling a football team. Build confidence from the ground up.
Similar, but compounded by a few more years of Disastro's recruiting and time around the program. A win versus any opponent will be great for the Huskies. Go UConn!

Reaction Score
This is a HCRE2.0 "what you got" as a coach game. 1st two were astoundingly bad defensive performances. After 2 games UConn defense is giving up 735 YPG which is 90 YPG worse than the next @ 645.

In 2 games the defense has given up 1st downs on:

17 of 22 3rd or 4th down plays.

52 1st downs without holding the opponent to a 3rd down.

Just so we understand this. On 74 times opponent has started with a 1st down they have been stopped 5 times (that is less than 7%) and gotten a 1st down 69 times. Ponder that. And with 0 turnovers caused through 2 games (1 of only 10 teams without at least 1).

If HCRE2.0 is the guy to turn this program around he needs to start showing it against RI, especially on defense. Delaware held RI to 21 points.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

I think this is their way of saying they plan to play more 3-3 this week and when they do Beavers is the third LB on the field and Pace is the first DL off the field.

Reaction Score
Weekly Press Conference:

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 44s 45 seconds ago
Depth chart changes for UConn: Darrian Beavers moved to DE; true frosh Jeremy Lucien to start at CB; Eddie Hahn starting at LB. Omar Fortt still listed as a starter at S but he did not practice today.

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 10s 10 seconds ago
Omar Fortt is doubtful for URI game according to #UConn coach Randy Edsall

ThisIsUConnCountry‏ @UConnSN 43s 44 seconds ago
If Fortt can't go on Saturday, look for Capital Prep's Oneil Robinson to start in his place #UConnFootball

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 23s 23 seconds ago
Edsall:: “I thought we had a good practice this morning.”

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 26s 27 seconds ago
#UConn's Randy Edsall on CB Jeremy Lucien; "He was somebody we liked when we got him into camp."

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 35s 35 seconds ago
Edsall on Lucien: "In the real world he probably wouldn't be playing. We're not in the real world this year."

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 40s 40 seconds ago
Edsall on moving Beavers from linebacker to DE: "I just think he can be a better defensive end."

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 10s 11 seconds ago
Edsall on P Luke Magliozzi: “There’s nobody that put in the time and effort that he did. It’s not surprising to me to see him have the success he’s had so far.”

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout now
Edsall on Boise D against his O: "We were out-matched. We were over matched."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 15s 16 seconds ago
"This is a massive rebuild," #UConn coach Randy Edsall

Alex Putterman‏ @AlexPutterman 22s 22 seconds ago
Edsall: "This is a massive rebuild." Bigger than when he first got here? Edsall: "Yeah, because the schedule is harder. We had a plan then."

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 21s 22 seconds ago
Edsall: “When I was here before we didn’t have an issue with FCS teams. ... nothing against FCS.”

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 15s 16 seconds ago
Edsall: "This isn't easy. But it's fun. Because these kids want to do it."

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 9s 10 seconds ago
"This is another massive rebuild," Edsall says. "It's not easy. But it's fun because these guys are putting in the effort." This particular Tuesday with Randy is a huge reality check, it seems.

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 40s 40 seconds ago
Edsall speaking with passion, trying to be blunt, but it's a bit somber.

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 11s 12 seconds ago
Edsall: "I'm the guy that has to have the most patience of anybody."

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 33s 33 seconds ago
Edsall: I'm the guy that has to have the most patience of anybody. ... I see that we're on the right track and we're doing the right things."

Alex Putterman‏ @AlexPutterman 27s 28 seconds ago
Randy Edsall's big points today: - The players work hard, have a good attitude - But the program has fallen off since 2010 in basically every facet and will take a longgg time to build back up. "It's just a shame what has happened from 2011 to 2017. You can't get it back."

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom