Game Week - UConn v. #21 UCF (Thursday Night 8/30/18 @ 7p on ESPNU) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. #21 UCF (Thursday Night 8/30/18 @ 7p on ESPNU)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
No trophy up for grabs? WTF! Bobby Redpants better send that thing in from his attic tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Hoping we get to see Travis Jones blowing up the middle tonight. I realize you want him to eat up blockers, but I would do everything possible to get him in some one on one situations where he can drive his man into Milton's lap. We need to throw off his timing and disrupt the offense. If we sit back, we're toast.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Hoping we get to see Travis Jones blowing up the middle tonight. I realize you want him to eat up blockers, but I would do everything possible to get him in some one on one situations where he can drive his man into Milton's lap. We need to throw off his timing and disrupt the offense. If we sit back, we're toast.
No reason he can't occupy blockers 2 yards into the UCF backfield.

I think Jones will be a beast in the first quarter. I'm hoping he can control his adrenaline and is not toast by the second half.

Reaction Score
Woke up at 3am, seeing wide open receivers crossing the middle. Hopefully our frosh stay within the game plan.

Reaction Score
Orlando Sentinel: UCF football excited to kick off season against UConn

>>“We need to have a high expectation of ourselves going into Game One against an undefeated team in our conference in the East Division,” Huskies linebacker Marshe Terry said during American Athletic Conference football media day. “I think it’s very important. It’s very exciting. I know a lot of guys are fired up, I’m fired up, coaches are fired up … our fans fired up. It’s going to be a great game.”

UConn redshirt junior tackle Matt Peart added, “From a whole team standpoint, we’ve got to come ready. UCF had great success last year, everyone knows it. They’re not flying under the radar. They’re at the top of the conference. We can’t have a lackadaisical approach. Everybody has to be ready to go. Even if you’re a sixth-man, if your number is called, you’ve got to be ready to go.”<<

Mature and reasonable comments.

I hope they are fired up and actually realize they can't be lackadaisical or else after the game we'll hear what my wife and I call "hockey player" interviews that go like this:

"We came out flat and weren't ready to play. We have to remember the other teams have great players too, but we'll go hard at practice tomorrow and get the next game."

Reaction Score
No reason he can't occupy blockers 2 yards into the UCF backfield.

I think Jones will be a beast in the first quarter. I'm hoping he can control his adrenaline and is not toast by the second half.

I think there will be lots of rotation across the board on D, including lots of Murphy. Hopefully that means second half freshness.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Anyone listening to dibble right now? Sounds like a tornado is blowing through their set lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom