Game Week - UConn v. #21 UCF (Thursday Night 8/30/18 @ 7p on ESPNU) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. #21 UCF (Thursday Night 8/30/18 @ 7p on ESPNU)

Reaction Score
I wonder if those odds change much for first games of the season for both teams?
Doubt it changes much.

Who took UConn +300 to be the first fanbase to storm the field this year? If you get a big group to bet that and +19.5, then covering may be a big enough reason to storm the field.

Reaction Score
I was wondering the same thing.. The first game of the year is a lot less predictable than games in the middle and late in the year.

I would suspect that they may be more variable in opening games...but no one, that I know of, keeps betting records for just opening games.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Anyone know of a good bar in Boston to watch the game? Can't find anything about watch parties anywhere.

The usual watch spot for the local UConn Alumni Chapter is The Greatest Bar near the Garden. 262 Friend St. in Boston. It's not a great bar in my opinion, but that is where they usually meet over the last couple of years.

That said, the Alumni website does not list an event for this game.
UConn Alumni Events

Your problem will be conflicting Red Sox and Patriots pre-season games.

Reaction Score

Game prediction, picks
There's too much of a chance for UCF's offense, with the same quarterback but under the direction of a new play-caller, to spin its wheels a little bit out of the gate. If the Knights are going to cover this spread, they'll need to start hitting home-run plays in the first half, and I'm willing to bet that the UConn defense shows up early. It might be a late fourth quarter sweat, but I think the Huskies can hang around and cover this number. Pick: UConn +23.5

Reaction Score
I would suspect that they may be more variable in opening games...but no one, that I know of, keeps betting records for just opening games.
Don't mind me, I'm just trying to cling to any sliver of hope I can find.

Reaction Score
Listen, you need to get to the game! We're not that far and we need fans at the game! I'll probably have an extra with my group if you go.
I hear you but unfortunately it’s our busy time at work so I will be there until 6 or 630, won’t be able to make the drive

Reaction Score
UCF Game Captains: Matt Peart, Marshe Terry and Donovan Williams.

Randy Edsall‏ @RandyEdsall
Going to be great having former @UConnFootball standouts Alfred Fincher and Terry Caulley as our Honorary Game Captains tomorrow night. Come out and see them before the game. Great having our former players coming back and still being part of the program. We missed you guys!

Reaction Score
Looking good... Weather Underground for East Hartford:

AF4DEBD9-A1D9-4961-9B0A-DD61F0B10104.jpeg

Reaction Score
Orlando Sentinel: UCF football excited to kick off season against UConn

>>“We need to have a high expectation of ourselves going into Game One against an undefeated team in our conference in the East Division,” Huskies linebacker Marshe Terry said during American Athletic Conference football media day. “I think it’s very important. It’s very exciting. I know a lot of guys are fired up, I’m fired up, coaches are fired up … our fans fired up. It’s going to be a great game.”

UConn redshirt junior tackle Matt Peart added, “From a whole team standpoint, we’ve got to come ready. UCF had great success last year, everyone knows it. They’re not flying under the radar. They’re at the top of the conference. We can’t have a lackadaisical approach. Everybody has to be ready to go. Even if you’re a sixth-man, if your number is called, you’ve got to be ready to go.”<<

Reaction Score
Block C reunion:

God, I loved Terry Baltimore. Absolutely the poster child for Edsall reign I. A kid from the area (either Rockland County or North Jersey) who wasn't recruited by anyone, never had an impact from scrimmage with us but helped us win by working his butt off on special teams. And played gunner on punt returns back when we always had outstanding gunners.

We will get back there. But it will take time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom