Game Week - UConn @ Indiana (9/21/19 @ Noon on BTN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ Indiana (9/21/19 @ Noon on BTN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 1m
Edsall says the bye week has helped the team, especially with everything that took place early on [QB change} #UConnFootball

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe
Edsall on his team's defensive improvements: "Everybody is hustling around and flying around. Communication is better. Guys understand what they’re doing."

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 1m
Edsall is happy with the development of tight end Jay Rose. He said Rose was a "blond hair, blue eyes, pretty boy coming out of Southington. Everybody told him how good he is."

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 4m
In Storrs this morning to hear UConn football coach Randy Edsall talk about his Huskies and upcoming game at Indiana Saturday

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 1m
Some good early season signs for the Huskies who rank in top five in the AAC in yards allowed per game (4th), first downs allowed (2nd) and passing yards allowed (3rd)

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 2m
Newcomer D.J. Morgan is first in the AAC in tackles per game at 11.5

Houston played Oklahoma and Washington State but let’s compare their raw unadjusted stats to a team that played Wagner.

Good info Gavin!

Reaction Score
Looks like Peart will be ready to go. Is that the correct conclusion?
maybe but it ain’t gonna come from that list

Update: Matt Peart healthy after knee scare

UConn offensive lineman Matt Peart received a scare early in the team’s loss to Illinois, when he fell to the turf with what appeared to be a knee injury.

But after sitting the rest of that game and rehabbing during the Huskies’ off week last week, Peart has returned to practice and says he’s back to 100 percent.

“It was a little scary,” Peart said Tuesday. “When I look back on the film, I probably could have used better football technique in the position I was in. But having said that, I came out tonight, got back with my guys and was flying around and having fun.”

With Peart back, UConn appears to be fairly healthy heading into its game against Indiana on Saturday, aside from injuries to back-up quarterback Micah Leon (out for the season after shoulder surgery) and back-up offensive lineman Stanley Hubbard, who missed the Illinois game and was replaced on this week’s participation squad by redshirt freshman Peter Rooney.

The only other change to the participation squad (a weekly list of which players might appear in the upcoming game) was the addition of safety Messiah Turner, who was removed before the game against Illinois.<<

Reaction Score
Kevin Mensah, Jay Rose, Jack Zergiotis, D.J. Morgan interviews all in one spot here:

Reaction Score
It's on BTF1D and BTF2D which are available on Xfinity TV Go.

If they were on regular BTN, I'd subscribe for a day and DVR it. I don't think I can record or watch it on my tv. TV Go is an app feature and Comcast prevents casting from a device to the big set.

I will either search Reddit when I get home, or wait for the TCF replay post.
For those who are as digitally challenged as I, I’ll mention the specific steps I took to see which BTN stations are available via the xFinity Stream app.
Open the app (in my case via iOS),
on the left side of the screen click on the “hamburger” and select All Channels (or select TV Go which is in the LIVE TV section),
scroll down and you’ll see three BTN stations (each is noted as TVGo),
On the upper left change the date to view Saturday’s broadcast schedule,
Three BTN channels are shown for Saturday at noon and, oddly, the UCONN game will be broadcast on two of the three.

Reaction Score
IU fan here. Really looking forward to Saturday's contest. As others have stated this game will be on one of the alternate BTN channels. I use Hulu live, and it shows on there. As well as direct tv and such. Id like to preview our team a little.

We may be without our starting QB who is dealing with a shoulder injury. He is young but has all the tools and talent you could want in a QB. We will probably start Peyton Ramsay , who is a tough, gritty kid. He is a good leader and locker room guy you want on your team. However, he is very limited as far as arm talent goes. He does not possess a strong arm, the entire playbook cannot be utliized with him under center. His delievery does not allow much yards after catch as it just takes too long to get to the receiver. He is very much a game manager style QB , who is also prone to at least 1 mistake per game. I doubt he would start for another BIG 10 team.

Our offensive and defensive lines have been troubling thus far this season. We have yet to establish a rushing attack even vs D2 Eastern Illinois, even with a strong stable of running backs who were seen as the strength of the team preseason. Pass blocking was fine until the OSU game, but OSU brought pressure from the edges our tackles just could not stop, Not many teams field a defensive line like Ohio State. Our defensive line has been a weak spot for many years. This year is no different. Struggle to put pressure on the QB or get a solid push, all pressure will be generated through blitzes , and we will blitz a lot.

Our strength on defense is in our secondary, a lot of speed and athleticism. A lot of youth that oozes talent. Our defenses best days will be ahead of them, IU is really set in the secondary for years to come. If Uconn puts their head down and tries to run through tackles often our backers and secondary will bounce off. We have not shown to be a very good tackling team. 20 missed tackles in the season opener vs Ball state and another 20 vs Ohio state.

Our programs are similar in the fan base loves to support the basketball program and we have a hard time filling our stadium for even top 5 matchups in football. Often times our stadium will be 3/4 full and after halftime it will be 1/4 full. The fanbase support just is not fully there. Our administration has not fully invested the time , effort, and money into our football program and so it seems fans have not either.

Vegas has this line completely wrong, if Ramsey starts there is noway this is a 28 point game. He is not a QB who generates those types of point totals. I do think we have more talent, speed, and size than Illinois, but maybe only one notch above them. I would say if we have a perfect game on both sides of the football I could see this being a 31-14 type of game. If Uconn comes out smacks us around early and gains a lead or makes us play from behind I dont know how this team will respond and the upset could be on. I will answer any questions you may have about the team, and look forward to an injury free, good football game Saturday!

Reaction Score
From your description, I'm interested in your LBs tackling our TB. To paraphrase an old saying, what happens when a very resistable force runs into an easily movable object? We may find out on Saturday.

Reaction Score
From your description, I'm interested in your LBs tackling our TB. To paraphrase an old saying, what happens when a very resistable force runs into an easily movable object? We may find out on Saturday.
Hahaha. LOL!!

Reaction Score
l
IU fan here. Really looking forward to Saturday's contest. As others have stated this game will be on one of the alternate BTN channels. I use Hulu live, and it shows on there. As well as direct tv and such. Id like to preview our team a little.

We may be without our starting QB who is dealing with a shoulder injury. He is young but has all the tools and talent you could want in a QB. We will probably start Peyton Ramsay , who is a tough, gritty kid. He is a good leader and locker room guy you want on your team. However, he is very limited as far as arm talent goes. He does not possess a strong arm, the entire playbook cannot be utliized with him under center. His delievery does not allow much yards after catch as it just takes too long to get to the receiver. He is very much a game manager style QB , who is also prone to at least 1 mistake per game. I doubt he would start for another BIG 10 team.

Our offensive and defensive lines have been troubling thus far this season. We have yet to establish a rushing attack even vs D2 Eastern Illinois, even with a strong stable of running backs who were seen as the strength of the team preseason. Pass blocking was fine until the OSU game, but OSU brought pressure from the edges our tackles just could not stop, Not many teams field a defensive line like Ohio State. Our defensive line has been a weak spot for many years. This year is no different. Struggle to put pressure on the QB or get a solid push, all pressure will be generated through blitzes , and we will blitz a lot.

Our strength on defense is in our secondary, a lot of speed and athleticism. A lot of youth that oozes talent. Our defenses best days will be ahead of them, IU is really set in the secondary for years to come. If Uconn puts their head down and tries to run through tackles often our backers and secondary will bounce off. We have not shown to be a very good tackling team. 20 missed tackles in the season opener vs Ball state and another 20 vs Ohio state.

Our programs are similar in the fan base loves to support the basketball program and we have a hard time filling our stadium for even top 5 matchups in football. Often times our stadium will be 3/4 full and after halftime it will be 1/4 full. The fanbase support just is not fully there. Our administration has not fully invested the time , effort, and money into our football program and so it seems fans have not either.

Vegas has this line completely wrong, if Ramsey starts there is noway this is a 28 point game. He is not a QB who generates those types of point totals. I do think we have more talent, speed, and size than Illinois, but maybe only one notch above them. I would say if we have a perfect game on both sides of the football I could see this being a 31-14 type of game. If Uconn comes out smacks us around early and gains a lead or makes us play from behind I dont know how this team will respond and the upset could be on. I will answer any questions you may have about the team, and look forward to an injury free, good football game Saturday!

As a fan of college football (and UConn), I hope it will be a close contest with us winning. That said, Good Luck Indiana after the game...do you play Ohio State? I like the B1G. I still think the B1G goofed with RU, but that's my opinion.

Reaction Score
We were Annihilated by Ohio state last weekend. Zero run game what so ever. Our lone touchdown came off a double pass gadget play. No bias but we play Ohio state every year and this is the best team I’ve seen them field. That includes their most recent national championship team. Their back ups took it to us. I believe they had 65, 4-5 star athletes. I just hope they didn’t beat our morale out of us and we can recover after that.

Reaction Score
Indiana Game Notes for UConn

UConn Game Notes for Indiana

>>UCONN VS.INDIANA HISTORY Saturday’s game will be the third meeting between UConn and Indiana on the gridiron. The Huskies are 2-0 against the Hoosiers. UConn celebrated the opening of Rentschler Field on Aug. 30, 2003 with an impressive 34-10 victory against the Hoosiers behind Dan Orlovsky’s three touchdown passes. In 2006, Danny Lansanah recorded a pick-six to help the Huskies earn a 14-7 road win<<

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
No dice on direct tv either.

Reaction Score
My optimum channel guide shows Rutgers-BC on BTN at noon on Saturday. Anyone have any info on this?

Here in SC it's on BTN-1 (610-1) on DirecTV. Not sure it will actually be available but the DVR took the "record" order when I pressed the orange button. We shall see at noon on Saturday.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Looks like Verizon FIOS has the alt BTN feed but only in standard definition!

you want to win an election, make cable kill the wasteland that is SD and raise the speed limit to 65 everywhere that is 55 and 70 for areas that are 65 now. Two plank campaign for the people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom