Game Week - UConn @ Indiana (9/21/19 @ Noon on BTN) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ Indiana (9/21/19 @ Noon on BTN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I live in Connecticut and have Cox. I just chatted with them. I told the agent that Channel 1489 BTN shows the Boston College at Rutgers game and could that be changed for Connecticut to the Indiana-UConn game. After checking, he came back and said that it was NOT showing the Boston College at Rutgers game. I told him that on my Contour guide it IS showing the Boston College at Rutgers game and could that be changed to the Indiana-UConn game for Connecticut fans. His answer was:

Yes, (my name), it will be broadcasted (Sat, Sep 21 @Indiana 11:00 AM BTN) in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
I live in Connecticut and have Cox. I just chatted with them. I told the agent that Channel 1489 BTN shows the Boston College at Rutgers game and could that be changed for Connecticut to the Indiana-UConn game. After checking, he came back and said that it was NOT showing the Boston College at Rutgers game. I told him that on my Contour guide it IS showing the Boston College at Rutgers game and could that be changed to the Indiana-UConn game for Connecticut fans. His answer was:

Yes, (my name), it will be broadcasted (Sat, Sep 21 @Indiana 11:00 AM BTN) in Connecticut.
Idk about you, but I would never trust those customer support agents from cable companies... they usually have no idea wtf they are talking about and usually just give you the answer you want to hear to get you off the phone.

Reaction Score
Idk about you, but I would never trust those customer support agents from cable companies... they usually have no idea they are talking about and usually just give you the answer you want to hear to get you off the phone.
This was an online chat, not the phone, but I have my doubts about the the answer, too. He asked for my zip code and then came back and said that BTN channel 1489 was not showing the BC-Rutgers game. I told him that my Contour guide was showing the BC-Rutgers game. That's when he came back and said that the UConn game will be shown in Connecticut. Will just have to wait and see.

Maybe someone else can try and see what answer they get.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This was an online chat, not the phone, but I have my doubts about the the answer, too. He asked for my zip code and then came back and said that BTN channel 1489 was not showing the BC-Rutgers game. I told him that my Contour guide was showing the BC-Rutgers game. That's when he came back and said that the UConn game will be shown in Connecticut. Will just have to wait and see.

Huh - fingers crossed. FWIW last weekend my channel guide said the 1pm game on CBS in lower FF County would be the Pats-Dolphins game rather than the Giants which are always on. In the end the guide was never corrected and the Giants game was aired with the wrong guide description.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I'll be in Arizona, so will have to figure some way to stream the game.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think if you subscribe to the BTN with your cable subscription, you will be able to stream the UConn/Indiana game on the Fox Sports app no matter where you live.

I think so - but it wasn't clear when I went on the Fox app this morning via my Fios log in. Just wont know for sure until game time.

What is clear for me is that I will get the game on Standard Def. Seriously why we are wasting bandwidth on standard def kind of angers me (because I know legislators will keep it around another 20 years just because two old people wont buy new tvs).

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
IU fan here. Really looking forward to Saturday's contest. As others have stated this game will be on one of the alternate BTN channels. I use Hulu live, and it shows on there. As well as direct tv and such. Id like to preview our team a little.

Thanks for the info. Do you think that you guys are a better team than Illinois?
We may be without our starting QB who is dealing with a shoulder injury. He is young but has all the tools and talent you could want in a QB. We will probably start Peyton Ramsay , who is a tough, gritty kid. He is a good leader and locker room guy you want on your team. However, he is very limited as far as arm talent goes. He does not possess a strong arm, the entire playbook cannot be utliized with him under center. His delievery does not allow much yards after catch as it just takes too long to get to the receiver. He is very much a game manager style QB , who is also prone to at least 1 mistake per game. I doubt he would start for another BIG 10 team.

Our offensive and defensive lines have been troubling thus far this season. We have yet to establish a rushing attack even vs D2 Eastern Illinois, even with a strong stable of running backs who were seen as the strength of the team preseason. Pass blocking was fine until the OSU game, but OSU brought pressure from the edges our tackles just could not stop, Not many teams field a defensive line like Ohio State. Our defensive line has been a weak spot for many years. This year is no different. Struggle to put pressure on the QB or get a solid push, all pressure will be generated through blitzes , and we will blitz a lot.

Our strength on defense is in our secondary, a lot of speed and athleticism. A lot of youth that oozes talent. Our defenses best days will be ahead of them, IU is really set in the secondary for years to come. If Uconn puts their head down and tries to run through tackles often our backers and secondary will bounce off. We have not shown to be a very good tackling team. 20 missed tackles in the season opener vs Ball state and another 20 vs Ohio state.

Our programs are similar in the fan base loves to support the basketball program and we have a hard time filling our stadium for even top 5 matchups in football. Often times our stadium will be 3/4 full and after halftime it will be 1/4 full. The fanbase support just is not fully there. Our administration has not fully invested the time , effort, and money into our football program and so it seems fans have not either.

Vegas has this line completely wrong, if Ramsey starts there is noway this is a 28 point game. He is not a QB who generates those types of point totals. I do think we have more talent, speed, and size than Illinois, but maybe only one notch above them. I would say if we have a perfect game on both sides of the football I could see this being a 31-14 type of game. If Uconn comes out smacks us around early and gains a lead or makes us play from behind I dont know how this team will respond and the upset could be on. I will answer any questions you may have about the team, and look forward to an injury free, good football game Saturday!

Do you think that you guys are better than Illinois?

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Looks like Verizon FIOS has the alt BTN feed but only in standard definition!

you want to win an election, make cable kill the wasteland that is SD and raise the speed limit to 65 everywhere that is 55 and 70 for areas that are 65 now. Two plank campaign for the people!
Ah fudge. I assumed it would be on HD. What channel is the SD broadcast?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Ah fudge. I assumed it would be on HD. What channel is the SD broadcast.

My FIOS app is telling me either channel 330 or 331.

Reaction Score
Interesting blurb on Eli Thomas in addition to other UConn Football updates:

>> Eli Thomas, who remains a UConn captain despite the fact his football playing days are over, might continue his athletic career in Storrs nonetheless.

Thomas, a linebacker who suffered a stroke prior to a team weightlifting session some 11 months ago, tried out for coach Jim Penders’ UConn baseball team this week. There’s no word yet if Thomas, who ran track in high school, will officially join the baseball Huskies.

As for his time with the football team, UConn coach Randy Edsall says the senior from Elmira, New York, continues to be an inspiration. “Eli’s been great. He’s been out on the field at practice, going up to guys and talking to them,” Edsall said Tuesday.

Thomas held out hope before the season began that he might play football again, but his doctors advised against it.

Still, he has remained with the Huskies through nearly every drill in practice and play on game days. “Just his energy and his love to compete is something that is infectious,” Edsall said. “He was a guy that was basically a 1-man band trying to get that stuff changed around. As other people saw him they said ‘Wow! This kid is pretty special.”<<

Baseball started their Fall Ball season and is pretty deep for talent this year but I don't put anything past this kid.

Reaction Score

Just checked the "finder" and for SC it said BTN 610-1 and Fox Sports. The link for Fox Sports was hot and when I clicked on it it took me to a screen where I found the IU/UConn game and a countdown clock. So, if it's not on 610-1 maybe I'll be able to hook my computer to the TV with an HDMI cable and watch it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
@gampelcrazies and @tcf15 Is it possible to post a link to the game without spoiling the score, at least for a certain amount of time? If there is already a way to do this (i.e. a specific YouTube search term), could you mention it in this space again?

It is becoming more of an art these days and takes some willpower, but I'm pretty good at avoiding social media and the random oblivious lugnut leading up to a tape delay when I have a game recorded via DVR.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
whoo hooo..... I get to see the game..... :) 1691 HD :)

:confused: SD... better than nothing, I guess.

Reaction Score
@gampelcrazies and @tcf15 Is it possible to post a link to the game without spoiling the score, at least for a certain amount of time? If there is already a way to do this (i.e. a specific YouTube search term), could you mention it in this space again?

It is becoming more of an art these days and takes some willpower, but I'm pretty good at avoiding social media and the random oblivious lugnut leading up to a tape delay when I have a game recorded via DVR.
I think we can do that.

Reaction Score
Do

do you have to subscribe to big 10 network to watch the UConn game?
I think it depends on your cable company and what package you have.

Reaction Score
Do you think that you guys are better than Illinois?
I do think we are better than Illinois. Most power rankings agree as they list Illinois and Rutgers as the bottom two teams in the conference. You guys should have finished them when you Jumped on them early. Illinois is the one that’s really paying, they are paying lovie as a top 15 coach in America and he has accumulated 11 wins in four seasons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam