Game Week - Cincinnati at UConn (Saturday 9/29 @ 3:30p on CBSSN) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week - Cincinnati at UConn (Saturday 9/29 @ 3:30p on CBSSN)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I felt bad for Caleb Thomas during his spot on the coach’s show. They spent most of the time discussing the geography of his hometown and how strength and mass were related.

What does that even mean? What’s the geography of his town?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What does that even mean? What’s the geography of his town?

How many miles from Mansfield, TX to Dallas, how much time that trip takes, how many high schools were in Mansfield, which other cities fed into those schools...far more time than an interviewer should ever spend on that kind of thing.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
How many miles from Mansfield, TX to Dallas, how much time that trip takes, how many high schools were in Mansfield, which other cities fed into those schools...far more time than an interviewer should ever spend on that kind of thing.

lol yeah I listened to like two of the coach’s shows and then just stopped because they were bad. Crispino and Edsall went on some rant together about the country lacking unity and that we used to have a country where everyone was united by the flag and anthem and that we need to get back to that lol

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
lol yeah I listened to like two of the coach’s shows and then just stopped because they were bad. Crispino and Edsall went on some rant together about the country lacking unity and that we used to have a country where everyone was united by the flag and anthem and that we need to get back to that lol

I must've completely missed that segment...I'm bored enough on my Tuesday drive home to turn it on reflexively. It's a great idea in theory, but they need a host who is a) much more knowledgeable about the game itself and b) more at ease talking with the kids.

Reaction Score

>>10-Year Anniversary - At Saturday's game vs. the Bearcats the 2008 UConn football team will be recognized for their 10-year anniversary. Cody Brown, Darius Butler, Tyler Lorenzen and D.J. Hernandez will serve as honorary captains for the Huskies.

The 2008 football team recorded an 8-5 record and were invited to the International Bowl in Toronto to play the University of Buffalo. It was the second-straight bowl game that the Huskies played in and International Bowl MVP, Donald Brown, led the Huskies to a 38-20 victory with 261 yards rushing in the contest.

The Huskies won their first five games to begin the season including a victory against Baylor. A game that Baylor quarterback, Robert Griffin III, described Rentschler Field as the "loudest stadium" he had ever played in.

Four Huskies were picked in the 2009 NFL Draft from that team. Donald Brown (27th overall, Colts), Darius Butler (41st overall, Patriots), Cody Brown (2nd Round, Cardinals) and Will Beatty (2nd Round, Giants).<<

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Barstool Sports

We’re reaching Kansas levels of attention. UConn football would never get a barstool article; no one cares about us. We’re an attraction now because we’re just that bad lol

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Barstool Sports

We’re reaching Kansas levels of attention. UConn football would never get a barstool article; no one cares about us. We’re an attraction now because we’re just that bad lol
Yeah, true - Idaho, New Mex State and Tulsa would never get this level of coverage. Btw, did you know both Kansas and Kansas State have football. Most people don't know that.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Chief was smiling upon me as I picked my wife up a ticket for tomorrow.

024.png

Reaction Score
I’m having a hard time keeping up—sort of figuring we’re gonna be at 1-6 before it’s worth paying attention. I’m writing off Memphis and USF for sure, and am about 90% sure this one’s a loss. After that, we should have a chance in just about every game. Im conserving energy so I’m not too pissed at the team to show up to the winnable games down the stretch lol
Today is an exhibition game. The real games don't start for a couple years.

Reaction Score
Edsal might be stretching this a bit. I think Cincy is like the 3rd or 4th youngest team in Div. 1.,

“You can see why Cincinnati’s undefeated,” Edsall said this week. “They have a lot of older guys that are playing and playing real well. ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom