Game Week - Cincinnati at UConn (Saturday 9/29 @ 3:30p on CBSSN) | The Boneyard

Game Week - Cincinnati at UConn (Saturday 9/29 @ 3:30p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
This may be the national flag blue and white glasses talking, but I'd take the points. I think we will have the least number of points scored on us this year. Of course, that means them getting up to 48. And I think we will score more than 22.5

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This may be the national flag blue and white glasses talking, but I'd take the points. I think we will have the least number of points scored on us this year. Of course, that means them getting up to 48. And I think we will score more than 22.5

It's still 2018.

Take Cincy, take the over

2019 is hopefully a different story.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I see progress, and I don't think Cincy is as good as UCF/Boise/Cuse. Take UConn and the over next week. Take UConn in 2019 too.

Eh.

UCF, Boise and SU all could have hung 70+ on UConn if they kept their foot on the gas pedal.

Final scores are only indicative of when each opponents staff deciding scoring more points with 1st team offense wasn't the biggest priority for each game.

SU stopped a trying with 12:00 in the 3rd quarter.

Reaction Score
Cincy has upgraded their level of speed on offense. This won't be the same type of offensive effort we've seen from them recently. It will take 30 points plus to beat them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I see progress, and I don't think Cincy is as good as UCF/Boise/Cuse. Take UConn and the over next week. Take UConn in 2019 too.

Interestingly the market seems to think Cincinnati is better than Syracuse based on where the line sits. Relative to UConn at least.

Reaction Score
Eh.

UCF, Boise and SU all could have hung 70+ on UConn if they kept their foot on the gas pedal.

Final scores are only indicative of when each opponents staff deciding scoring more points with 1st team offense wasn't the biggest priority for each game.

SU stopped a trying with 12:00 in the 3rd quarter.

Personally, I would never bet a game with a spread of over 14. If the game isn't competitive, the final score has a high possibility of not reflecting anything and you're just guessing.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Why is everyone misstating this line? Even the NY Post has us -25.5, when it should be + , unless I'm missing something...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Before the season began, I thought this was a winnable game on the schedule. Now, I would consider laying 17 with Cinci. Their offense isn't turbo jet fast like UCF/Boise/Fruit, but I do think they'll move the ball and score quite comfortably against our D. I'm not as confident in our O vs their D though. I think we'll have a few scoring drives but probably not enough to cover 17, especially since they'll probably score in the high 30s or 40s.

Reaction Score
Glad someone brought up the huge change at Vegas Insider. As the OP noted, yesterday it showed UConn favored by 25.5...it actually read -25.5 next to UConn's name. Think about that. Thankfully, the earth has moved back onto its axis and we are now a healthy dog.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I really wish I was able to wager Cinci +25.5. Like wager everything I own and everything I borrow to own to take Cinci +25.5. Ha!

Reaction Score
Interestingly the market seems to think Cincinnati is better than Syracuse based on where the line sits. Relative to UConn at least.
I see that. And Chin makes a good point. I still have a good (actually more like "not as bad") feeling about this week. It's just a gut thing based on what I thought I saw. Maybe Nos is rubbing off on me a little.

Anyway, I will be there rooting them on. Go Huskies!

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Friday night, someone needs to pull the fire alarm early and often.

huskiepride

New Kid On the block
Reaction Score
Cincy hasn't really played any good teams this year, while I get that ucla is still a good win...we have had a much harder schedule so far. I think the game will be a lot closer than people think. But, I still would put an L up for that one. We have played 3 top 25 caliber teams this year. They have played 0 top 25 caliber teams...( Cuse a top 25 caliber team?...ik its hilarious, but true)

UCONN's opponents record 11-2

UCF - 3-0
BSU - 2-1
URI - 2-1
SYR - 4-0

UC's opponents record 3-11

UCLA - 0-3
MIAMI - 1-3
A&M - 1-3
OU - 1-2

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Personally, I would never bet a game with a spread of over 14. If the game isn't competitive, the final score has a high possibility of not reflecting anything and you're just guessing.

I can't remember the last legitimate bet I put on a line for a game.

I go bigger picture with over/under and have enough success to keep me happy (happy being defined as I keep drinking and it covers any losses on tables or slots).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom