Game Week 2022 - UConn v. UMass (Friday - 11/4/22 @ 7p on CBSSN) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. UMass (Friday - 11/4/22 @ 7p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
I'm going to assume Marion is good to go for at least a dozen or so plays. Ross and Houston, I'd put down as "break glass in case of emergency". I think we can beat UMass without them and would like to ensure they're available for Liberty. Maybe have them run 2-3 plays for game speed muscle memory to kick in.
I rather suspect that UConn can win this game without either player. Thus I would hope they are more restricted than that. A half dozen plays would seem a little safer. These guys will be needed next week.

Reaction Score

I am thinking that the UMass obvious deficiencies have given the UConn staff multiple game planning options. Little vertical threat to name one. Don Brown's well known solve your problems with aggression tendencies for another. Not clear if they can stop the run but we are certainly about to find out.

The first quarter foreshadowing should tell the tale for the full game.

Reaction Score
I rather suspect that UConn can win this game without either player. Thus I would hope they are more restricted than that. A half dozen plays would seem a little safer. These guys will be needed next week.

Resting Houston as much as you’re sure you can get away with makes perfect sense. Even without the ankle injury, one wondered how many hits he could take. Resting Ross makes no sense at all. He hasn’t played a game in 3 years. Let him get his number. Marrion is somewhere in between those two.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I am thinking that the UMass obvious deficiencies have given the UConn staff multiple game planning options. Little vertical threat to name one. Don Brown's well known solve your problems with aggression tendencies for another. Not clear if they can stop the run but we are certainly about to find out.

The first quarter foreshadowing should tell the tale for the full game.

I'm thinking a lot Burns in the backfield as an extra blocker. He is bu far the best UConn RB at pass blocking.

Reaction Score
Our struggles on offense, particularly in the second half, have to be a concern. If we get down by more than 1 score we will be in deep trouble. Their D under Don Brown is decent, and Merriweather is a load. I don't see us covering a 14 point spread. I think we find a way to win, but I doubt it will be by 14. A six point win is what I'm predicting, 23-17, with the game ending on an unsuccessful UMass Hail Mary. Please note that my predictions are rarely even remotely close to what actually happens.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, "CT River Rivalry?" Sounds better than the U-Game IMO.
Actually the suggestion of The Battle Of New England was a good one. Loser buys the winner T-bone steaks?

Anyway, it must be a rivalry. It has its own Wikipedia page. UConn versus UMass football rivalry

By the way, they lead it 38 - 35 -2.

Reaction Score
The “struggles in the second half” all followed Houston being out. If he’s healthy going forward, I don’t expect to see our offense stall like that.
True. However, I expect Rosa and Burns will get most of the carries tomorrow, with Houston used sparingly. Hopefully we can get a little more through the air with Ross and Marion on the field, even if in limited roles. The ebb and flow of this game will be interesting.

Reaction Score
Up to this point, I've never really given enough consideration to UMess to actually hate them. But this is a start, I guess. At least they're not constructing a silly trophy with a countdown clock...or maybe they are...hopefully Marcus gets a taste of losing a rivalry game. I hear it's quite bitter.
they more annoy me than anything else. I reserve hate for Boston College itself. Too many bad people at BC. UMass... they've burned too many cars for no good reason for me to take them seriously.

----

Those end zones should be in blue as they all in this photo but I grew up as a pro-sports fan like most new england kids. If it were me I'd have it be "CONNECTICUT" in both ends. As much I've been on the "block c" or not I'm fine with the dog at mid-field but I'd go C on just about everything else that moves. Maybe not temporary tats, dogs are great for those. It it were REALLY up to me I'd remove red from the end zones but I've been a "blue, white, and silver" guy. zls44, my phone can only handle so much data. I can pre-hear the rage. :)

----

I know its a conFLiCT idea but I'm liking the T-Bone idea a little bit. I'd still rather run towards thanksgiving and maybe do an actual wishbone... I know its 2022. All ideas will be hamfisted and ideally you invent these traditions in 1927 and the not so subtle help of adventurous local sports writers. So it goes. I think UMass moving to FBS was always a scam but if its going to be a thing may as well make it a thing.

Reaction Score
Marion, Ross and Houston can not be held back and saved for Liberty if healthy enough. Saying " we can win this game without them" sends the wrong message to the team. At lot of teams have lost games with that mindset. You have to be all in for every game. Let's worry about UMass first. Then we can worry about Liberty.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Marion, Ross and Houston can not be held back and saved for Liberty if healthy enough. Saying " we can win this game without them" sends the wrong message to the team. At lot of teams have lost games with that mindset. You have to be all in for every game. Let's worry about UMass first. Then we can worry about Liberty.
Normally I would totally agree. But having just beaten BC, if UConn could not then turn around and beat UMass six days later, with the same team, that would be a total shock given the competence of this staff. I would be cautious with their reentry.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
unfortunately, I won't be in attendance as I had ACL reconstruction (x2) yesterday, but genuinely looking forward to being able to watch both football and hockey games! I've been waiting for nearly a decade for football to be relevant again and hockey to take this huge step forward!

Reaction Score
Actually the suggestion of The Battle Of New England was a good one. Loser buys the winner T-bone steaks?

Anyway, it must be a rivalry. It has its own Wikipedia page. UConn versus UMass football rivalry

By the way, they lead it 38 - 35 -2.
1667568207259.png

Uh, also known as the what now??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET