Game Week 2022 - UConn v. UMass (Friday - 11/4/22 @ 7p on CBSSN) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. UMass (Friday - 11/4/22 @ 7p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score

He missed DB Jalen Farrell (ironically) from UConn.

Tyler Rudolph from St. Thomas More. Sort of surprised we didn't get him, but I guess we have solid safeties already.

Reaction Score
Whether UMass is a rival or not, having them on the schedule every year just makes sense. It's a guaranteed game for both schools, is close for both schools and elevates NE football (relatively speaking). I was part of UCMB in 2003 and 2004 and I hate UMass as much as the next guy so yeah I hope we drag them through the dog park.

Reaction Score
unfortunately, I won't be in attendance as I had ACL reconstruction (x2) yesterday, but genuinely looking forward to being able to watch both football and hockey games! I've been waiting for nearly a decade for football to be relevant again and hockey to take this huge step forward!
Speedy recovery!

Reaction Score
unfortunately, I won't be in attendance as I had ACL reconstruction (x2) yesterday, but genuinely looking forward to being able to watch both football and hockey games! I've been waiting for nearly a decade for football to be relevant again and hockey to take this huge step forward!
Get well soon. I am in the same boat but without an ACL now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
unfortunately, I won't be in attendance as I had ACL reconstruction (x2) yesterday, but genuinely looking forward to being able to watch both football and hockey games!
Good luck with your rehab!

Reaction Score
I have followed UConn basketball since 1998 and football closely from 2003-2011 and 2021-present. I have never known UMass to be anything remotely close to a rival in either sport, although I've seen the word pop up starting last year regarding football. Hopefully we dominate them so thoroughly in the near future that the rivalry never really takes hold.
One of the years that Marcus Canby played at UMass, both UConn and UMass were 17- 1 (or 18 -1) in their respective conferences. I remember UConn's center (IMMSM Travis Knight) saying, “Being 18-1 in the Big East is a lot better than being 18 - 1 in The Atlantic 10 Conference.” However, UMass was pretty competitive during Camby’s few years.

Reaction Score
I think it's about time to stop pretending I'm getting work done and pack up the car for a tailgate for a 4:00 departure.

Let's get it done tonight. Doesn't need to be pretty. Without us helping them with turnovers in our end, it's hard to see how UMass is going to generate much offense. I doubt they will find running it down our throats as easy as they remember it being last year.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think it's about time to stop pretending I'm getting work done and pack up the car for a tailgate for a 4:00 departure.

Let's get it done tonight. Doesn't need to be pretty. Without us helping them with turnovers in our end, it's hard to see how UMass is going to generate much offense. I doubt they will find running it down our throats as easy as they remember it being last year.
BL

You'll be tailgating during the first quarter.

The outcome of the game will be a forgone conclusion by the time you are seated

Reaction Score
After last year’s embarrassment in Amherst when we didn’t even have our interim coaches due to COVID protocol and we looked more like garbage as the game wore on, they better come out breathing fire tonight.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Arrived at the Rent at 5:15 and had to park in Gray lot way back in section E. It’s only the second game the wife and I’ve attended in person (moved to TX in ‘96) but seems like it should be a good crowd if even half make it to their seats. Lots are full through Gray lot and cars backed up as far as I can see. A perfect night for football and a Husky W, too.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I think I figured out why some older fans like me may choose to tailgate until the game starts. This noise, which I guess is supposed to be music, is deafening and terrible. I appreciate the players probably like it, but man o man!

Reaction Score
I think I figured out why some older fans like me may choose to tailgate until the game starts. This noise, which I guess is supposed to be music, is deafening and terrible. I appreciate the players probably like it, but man o man!
This must be your type of music then as the band is playing and they're playing awesome

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom