Game Week 2022 - UConn v. UMass (Friday - 11/4/22 @ 7p on CBSSN) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. UMass (Friday - 11/4/22 @ 7p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score

Wow.. Uni's are lit

Inspire On Fire GIF by commotion.tv

Reaction Score
Guess that means that The Huskies are again wearing the white unis at home. I don't care what color they wear as long as they put a huge W on the jumbotron at the end of the game.

Reaction Score
Stars face forward as they belong in the place of highest honor. Military regulations.
didn't know what this meant so I googled it.

"Basically, the idea behind the backward American flag on Army uniforms is to make it look as though the flag is flying in the breeze as the person wearing it moves forward.

During the Civil War, both mounted cavalry and infantry units would designate a standard bearer, who carried the flag into battle. As this standard bearer charged, his forward momentum caused the flag to stream back.

Since the Stars and Stripes are mounted with the canton closest to the pole, that section of the flag stayed to the right, while the stripes flew to the left. Therefore, the flag is worn on the right shoulder, and wearing it backward gives the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward."

Reaction Score
We gotta go out and continue to improve (like we seemed to have been improving all season long, from game to game)... we do that the score takes care of itself... I'm not feelin all the point spread stuff... Let's establish decency, over time, then, that other point spread stuff will also work itself out... if you're into that kinda thing.

Reaction Score
We gotta go out and continue to improve (like we seemed to have been improving all season long, from game to game)... we do that the score takes care of itself... I'm not feelin all the point spread stuff... Let's establish decency, over time, then, that other point spread stuff will also work itself out... if you're into that kinda thing.
Agree. It is like a career. 90% of success is just showing up every freakin' time. Taking no days off. The other 10% is displaying your brilliance in the situations when you get that chance. Keep the head down, keep pushing forward, displaying great teamwork, and at some point in time recognition comes your way. That is where UConn is right now. They have to keep demonstrating that their recent success is no flash in the pan. That they are willing to continue paying the required price for more. Only in that way will the skeptics become believers.

Reaction Score
It bothers me that he is going side to side risking hitting the red and white lines. Maybe do a couple more blue margins first. Cool nevertheless.

The Battle Of New England. UCONN to win the B.O.N.E.
That's brilliant: The BONE. I mean, I don't think we should give any oxygen to the idea that this is a rivalry (unless we continue to improve and UMass follows suit), but it's definitely a cool name for a game involving UConn.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
That's brilliant: The BONE. I mean, I don't think we should give any oxygen to the idea that this is a rivalry (unless we continue to improve and UMass follows suit), but it's definitely a cool name for a game involving UConn.
Hmmmm... probably too many jokes with using BONE...lol

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
KTurner may have ATurner, Ross, Marion, Joly, and Clercius, plus Houston, Burns, and Rosa. I hope the oline is healthy, I want to see how this works.

If yes, take the over and give the points.
I'm going to assume Marion is good to go for at least a dozen or so plays. Ross and Houston, I'd put down as "break glass in case of emergency". I think we can beat UMass without them and would like to ensure they're available for Liberty. Maybe have them run 2-3 plays for game speed muscle memory to kick in.

Reaction Score
and some people don't consider this a rival. It is by far UCONN's best rival in many ways. 76 meetings going back to 1897, wow.

Yep. Both were charter members of the Yankee conference going back to 1947, so annual meetings up until our 1-A transition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom