Game Week 2022 - UConn v. UMass (Friday - 11/4/22 @ 7p on CBSSN) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. UMass (Friday - 11/4/22 @ 7p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
This would be an incredibly shocking development, imo to see cam ross play this season
It's a broken foot. He can run full speed or he can't. If he can, even using him as a decoy to stretch the field, where we have a WR who can run past people and catch the ball, would cause a SAfety to pay attention and open up the middle of the field for others.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's a broken foot. He can run full speed or he can't. If he can, even using him as a decoy to stretch the field, where we have a WR who can run past people and catch the ball, would cause a SAfety to pay attention and open up the middle of the field for others.

Right. At a minimum he takes one CB who has to shadow him out of the play and most likely keep one of the safeties from crashing the box.

Reaction Score
I don't want anyone to think that this fan is looking past UMass in any way. But Friday night looks like great weather. And UConn has no environmental advantage over UMass anyway.

But a week from this Saturday is a completely different story. So I want to reassure everyone that I have ordered up sleet and freezing rain for the Liberty game. I thought about snow but decided sleet and freezing rain would be more effective. Any help y'all could provide to make this happen would be appreciated.

Reaction Score
I don't want anyone to think that this fan is looking past UMass in any way. But Friday night looks like great weather. And UConn has no environmental advantage over UMass anyway.

But a week from this Saturday is a completely different story. So I want to reassure everyone that I have ordered up sleet and freezing rain for the Liberty game. I thought about snow but decided sleet and freezing rain would be more effective. Any help y'all could provide to make this happen would be appreciated.
I'll drop by the Schagticoke reservation and see if they can upgrade their regular rain dance to a sleet and freezing rain dance. Some hail bouncing off the Liberty helmets might be usefully distracting to their players. And a nice cold wind too.

Reaction Score
I'll drop by the Schagticoke reservation and see if they can upgrade their regular rain dance to a sleet and freezing rain dance. Some hail bouncing off the Liberty helmets might be usefully distracting to their players. And a nice cold wind too.
Awesome. And I will try to stop by the Mohicans and Mashentuckets as well.

Reaction Score
Uconn is playing a Don Brown team. That means lots of blitzes and one-on-one coverages for their DBs. It is an aggressive, high risk-high reward scheme. We saw it in his year at UConn and it had some highs and lows even with a crew of future NFL players (Gratz and Blidi at the corners and the likes of Shamar Stephen, Sio Moore, and Trev Williams in the front 8). His defense can look great when clicking an all cylinders, but is also susceptible to big plays if the UConn O-line does their job and the passes are accurate. I hope that UConn has the guts to take several deep shots with Marion and maybe even Ross if he is 100%.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> Monday night, Mora asked Bob Howard, UConn’s Associate Athletic Director for Athletic Training, about Ross. “He said, ‘if things go well this week he’s gonna be able to play a little bit,’” Mora recalled, providing Howard with a surprised “thank you.”

“He’s done an amazing job, our medical team, athletic trainers and specifically Cam – the way he’s worked to come back,” Mora said Tuesday. “There’s only so much you can do in the healing process but he healed, he stayed in shape, he stayed strong. He’s been moving around the field for two weeks and he’s most likely going to have an opportunity to do some things – I’m not saying he’s gonna get 40-50 plays, but there will be some things that hopefully he can do if things go as planned here on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in practice.”

The road back isn’t all physical, either. He still has to pass Mora’s eye test. “You’ve got to look a kid in the eye, and you’ve got to see whether or not he has that true confidence to go out and play,” Mora said. “The last thing you want is someone who has an injury and then they put themselves in harm’s way. We’re gonna make sure they’re not just physically ready to play but they’re emotionally and mentally ready to play.” <-

Reaction Score
I hope that UConn has the guts to take several deep shots with Marion and maybe even Ross if he is 100%.
Are these guys potentially returning this week? Maybe it was mentioned above and I didn’t see it. I didn’t see them on the two deep either but that doesn’t mean they won’t dress. This would obviously be huge if they returned

Reaction Score
KTurner may have ATurner, Ross, Marion, Joly, and Clercius, plus Houston, Burns, and Rosa. I hope the oline is healthy, I want to see how this works.

If yes, take the over and give the points.

Reaction Score
They were available. Anything but a win is a disappointment. Beating RI or Maine would illicit the same feelings. If we are considering UMass a rivalry game, we aren't at the level we should be.

Let them become a consistent Top 50 team and we can talk, 'cause that's where we want to be right now.

If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.

Reaction Score
Uconn is playing a Don Brown team. That means lots of blitzes and one-on-one coverages for their DBs. It is an aggressive, high risk-high reward scheme. We saw it in his year at UConn and it had some highs and lows even with a crew of future NFL players (Gratz and Blidi at the corners and the likes of Shamar Stephen, Sio Moore, and Trev Williams in the front 8). His defense can look great when clicking an all cylinders, but is also susceptible to big plays if the UConn O-line does their job and the passes are accurate. I hope that UConn has the guts to take several deep shots with Marion and maybe even Ross if he is 100%.
At least Charlton should be familiar with that defense. I believe they were at BCU at the same time?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom