Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (Saturday 9/3/22 @ Noon on CW20 & Fox61+) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (Saturday 9/3/22 @ Noon on CW20 & Fox61+)

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> “It is a really great group to be around,” Mora said Tuesday. “They are just workers. They don’t say much, and they are a very intelligent group. I think coach (Gordon) Sammis has done a great job with those guys, they understand the schemes, they play well together, and I thought they had a good performance on Saturday.” <-

-> “The ‘good jobs’ and the ‘attaboys’, you kind of have to brush to the side,” Guidone said. “We will obviously say thank you for that, but we have a much higher vision of what this team can be and what we can accomplish in this season.” <-

-> “I am excited to see where we can go with those guys,” Mora said. “It is so important, especially with a young quarterback, to establish the run. If you establish the run, you can open things up with the pass game. We were able to establish the run and the pass game will come along.” <-

Reaction Score
Quick noticeable changes/additions: QB Zion Turner and no “or”, RB Nate Carter and RB/KR/PR Brian Brewton, WR Jacob Flynn and DL Collin McCarthy.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Starting a former walk on at receiver isn’t great. Disappointing Drayton couldn’t beat him out. Gotta get Fitz healthy asap.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
People- don’t read too too too much into staters vs back up. Game one from Mora already showed he is a rotation guy for many positions. Plus- Sometimes coaches give dudes the honor of starter status and then the actually snap count is rather different by the end of the game. And- we are rarely privy to the true health report of any player. I think by mid season we will see Harrison, Bush, Drayton and E. Williams making plays out there if they healthy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
McCarthy was active last week and is now listed as starter on the DLine
McDuffie listed as his back up.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The ability of youth to heal.
In today’s press conference Mora talked about a newer procedure that allows Roberson to do rehab while the bone heals instead of having to wait until after.

Reaction Score
Anyone ever have security actually check the size of a seat-back chair? Per the UConn/Rent websites, seatbacks that are brought in cannot be larger than 16” x 16” x 12” (height x width x depth)

Most seatbacks I've found are bigger than this...dont want to buy one if they are gonna tell me I can bring it in...
I would suggest going by the rules. I have seen someone with a chair back with arm rests turned away and women's bags over sized to be turned around at the gate.

All seating areas are numbered and as empty as the place has been some folks every inch of their number is wanted. Anything wider and you are taking someone else's seating space. Anything deeper and you are invading the leg room of those behind you. A 170# 5' 8" man covers about 16" of bench space.
In our hay day and sold out even with thousands on the concourse / vendor level standing up you were hip to hip with both neighbors seated. The Dog House seating is listed @ 40,642 that should be more like 34,000 comfortably. Not sure how much this helps just being factual. That or get chair back seating. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom