Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (Saturday 9/3/22 @ Noon on CW20 & Fox61+) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (Saturday 9/3/22 @ Noon on CW20 & Fox61+)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Drayton is still making his way back from his knees injury and I think Flynn is going to surprise people given the chance.
For Zions sake, I hope you’re right. But I’d still like to see our recruited athletes get healthy and show out.

Reaction Score
In today’s press conference Mora talked about a newer procedure that allows Roberson to do rehab while the bone heals instead of having to wait until after.
Do you mean Marion? TR had an ACL injury didn't he?

Reaction Score
People- don’t read too too too much into staters vs back up. Game one from Mora already showed he is a rotation guy for many positions. Plus- Sometimes coaches give dudes the honor of starter status and then the actually snap count is rather different by the end of the game. And- we are rarely privy to the true health report of any player. I think by mid season we will see Harrison, Bush, Drayton and E. Williams making plays out there if they healthy.
May have been more of a rotation guy due to the conditions so everyone didn't get wiped out.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Ralph Russo's pod touches on the UConn-Utah St game around the 44 min 36 second mark with some sardonic comments. Then stick through the rest because they go on to bring up this week's game and in the process belittles the value of a CCSU degree and then spend much of the rest of the remaining 8 or so mins in the show trying to walk it back.

Reaction Score
Ralph Russo's pod touches on the UConn-Utah St game around the 44 min 36 second mark with some sardonic comments. Then stick through the rest because they go on to bring up this week's game and in the process belittles the value of a CCSU degree and then spend much of the rest of the remaining 8 or so mins in the show trying to walk it back.

Paul must have been jilted by someone in CT. I listened to this yesterday and was pretty put off on how much he went after both schools. Crazy to me also that they never mentioned that Scott Pioli is an alum. Sad that Ralph just sits there laughing the whole time.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Paul must have been jilted by someone in CT. I listened to this yesterday and was pretty put off on how much he went after both schools. Crazy to me also that they never mentioned that Scott Pioli is an alum. Sad that Ralph just sits there laughing the whole time.
Yes, but par for the course with respect to national views however.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

He certainly has no confidence issues. That's refreshing to see. When he finds his stride, he's going to be fun to watch. Hope the gears mesh well for him this week and we get to see what he's capable of.

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony with a CCSU-focused game preview article.

Also, last night a NEC team and a former one from last season both lost their FBS games in OT:

Saint Francis -23
Akron - 30
FINAL/OT

Bryant - 37
Florida Intl' - 38
FINAL/OT

SFU was picked 3rd in the NEC, one spot ahead of the Blue Devils. Bryant, which moved to the Big South in football (and America East in other sports), would have likely been picked 3rd in the NEC behind Sacred Heart and Duquesne.

Reaction Score

From the Courant post-game coverage:

"I just don't understand it," (UConn AD) Toner said, looking at the crowd of 7,529 - which is 8,671 short of capacity. "What does it take?"

The most vocal fans were in the Central section on the east end. They yelled the loudest when the Blue Devils took a 3-0 lead and then a 9-6 lead in the first quarter. They also gave the team a standing ovation when it left the field at halftime, trailing only 12-9.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom