Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I wonder if BL still thinks the defense is playing "great"? They didn't last week and they aren't this week. USF offense is just that awful.

I still blame this on PP and GDL. This team is ill prepared and that started with spring football. Not when TJ took over a few weeks ago.

But...I still like the way Boyle looks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't think it will take that long. Their biggest issues were in scheming. They certainly brought in solid players, even at QB.

Big passing plays are killing us in this game.

You are totally and completely out of your mind. The roster is barren from top to bottom.

Reaction Score
Why even run that back Lyle? You're only risking a turnover.
I said it once and will say it again. He lets that go we get the ball on the 25. Instead we get it on the 19.

Reaction Score
Big test here in the second half. Which players are going to show they have pride? Which players are going to go through the motions like the second half of Buffalo.

I want to watch players who have a passion and bust their @sses on every play.

Reaction Score
Halftime thoughts:

- That missed XP could make all of the difference.
- Good thing we unleashed HH (I'd hate to see how bad it would be if he was still on the leash)
- At least we deferred and get the ball to start the 2nd half :)

Reaction Score
If I was a lb and saw a blitz opportunity in the midst of this disaster, I'd take it even if they benched me for it. Or just hit somebody, anybody as hard as I could. Not possible to accept this scenario. It's also one good reason I never played at the college level.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Big test here in the second half. Which players are going to show they have pride? Which players are going to go through the motions like the second half of Buffalo.

I want to watch players who have a passion and bust their @sses on every play.

Can't like and agree with this more! This is what's lacking on this team, a sense of pride.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They're not 0-5 because they lack pride - they're 0-5 because they're bad at football.

Reaction Score
I had hope before that last touchdown. Now, would it be as frustrating if we just forfeit the rest of the season? Probably have the same stats if we did

Reaction Score
The root cause of this debacle is Ward not canning P last December.
Seriously? The ROOT cause of these past few seasons was Hathaway hiring Pasqualoni and letting him bring DeLeone. If Manuel wanted to get a good candidate pool he needed to give Pasqualoni a 3rd year...other wise you end up like Kansas did..Charlie Weis (rest my case on that one)! He pulled the trigger and got it done...what else do you want? Judge him on HIS hire for this program...NOT who he inherited.

Reaction Score
Look at the positives, at least uconn is nice enough to get blown out early so we can enjoy a nice Saturday!!! Now I can get stuff done before sox game and fsu / Clemson game.......

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Boyle is promising. G Davis is our best player by far. DeLorenzo needs more carries. Warde needs to be ready to pay our next football coach much more than Geno.

Reaction Score
I wonder if BL still thinks the defense is playing "great"? They didn't last week and they aren't this week. USF offense is just that awful.

I still blame this on PP and GDL. This team is ill prepared and that started with spring football. Not when TJ took over a few weeks ago.

But...I still like the way Boyle looks.

Some people think TJ was supposed to wave a magic wand and turn around 3 years in 3 weeks or have your frosh QB step in and carry everybody on his back. Can't you see that?

Reaction Score
So this is what rock bottom feels like? Sad day for UConn Football. This program used to play with so much pride and rarely ever get blown out unless we played top 5 talent. Now were getting blown out to the likes of Buffalo, and Cincinnati and losing to programs such as Western Michigan and Towsen. It's just sad stuff.

We better hope someone cares enough about this program to stop them from this free fall before we end up in College Football FCS.

Honestly it's a stretch and I'm not that big a fan of the guy. But once Greg Schiano gets fired from TB, we need to bring him in. Great motivator and great recruiter. At least we can compete with a guy like him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Seriously? The ROOT cause of these past few seasons was Hathaway hiring Pasqualoni and letting him bring DeLeone. If Manuel wanted to get a good candidate pool he needed to give Pasqualoni a 3rd year...other wise you end up like Kansas did..Charlie Weis (rest my case on that one)! He pulled the trigger and got it done...what else do you want? Judge him on HIS hire for this program...NOT who he inherited.

By not acting when it was clear that P was a no-hoper, Manuel took ownership.

Reaction Score
So how many at our next home game? Thinking 15k? We came out and supported this last game, I'm not sure how many people are up for watching blowouts at home

Reaction Score
Honestly it's a stretch and I'm not that big a fan of the guy. But once Greg Schiano gets fired from TB, we need to bring him in. Great motivator and great recruiter. At least we can compete with a guy like him.
LOL!

Reaction Score
Boyle is promising. G Davis is our best player by far. DeLorenzo needs more carries. Warde needs to be ready to pay our next football coach much more than Geno.
What Warde also needs to do is pony up to pay good salaries to the next head coach's staff.....

Reaction Score
You are totally and completely out of your mind. The roster is barren from top to bottom.
I wouldn't say completely barren. We definitely can use improvement in special teams and skill positions on offense. And in the secondary, too.

Reaction Score
So how many at our next home game? Thinking 15k? We came out and supported this last game, I'm not sure how many people are up for watching blowouts at home

Probably 30,000 again. We keep waiting for the bottom to fall out but it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom