Game thread | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Garbage garbage. Announcer is totally right about play calling. Witmer is playing his heart out but getting no help at all in terms of tricking the D.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lots of drops by the WRs today.

This is a total team loss on the players. False starts, dropped balls, poor throws and being ankle tackled.

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks this loss is on Whitmer is an idiot. There are a lot more pressing concerns on this team than the quarterback.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Western Michigan's defense is horrible. That might be the worst D we see all year, UMass included. So many open receivers...and we just couldn't catch or throw.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We just aren't a very good football team....and its not coaching

I won't hit like, but I do agree.

First half wasn't great, but crazy enough, the playcalling was good enough to put enough points on the board to win.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do people still think the skill position players are upgraded? Not one WR on this team can carry K. Moore's jock.

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks this loss is on Whitmer is an idiot. There are a lot more pressing concerns on this team than the quarterback.
I was somewhat impressed by Whitmer's performance today. He seems to be growing as a QB.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The return of drops by WR is an even worse development

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Do people still think the skill position players are upgraded? Not one WR on this team can carry K. Moore's jock.
Can you get Stefon Diggs to transfer??

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Garbage garbage. Announcer is totally right about play calling. Witmer is playing his heart out but getting no help at all in terms of tricking the D.

How much more open does Davis have to be?

Reaction Score
Oh, now there's eight men in the box.

Slow learners in the press bx.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

Well, his 2 turnovers account for , at least, a 9 point spread, probably 13.

Reaction Score
I was somewhat impressed by Whitmer's performance today. He seems to be growing as a QB.
I was watching a different game then. Yes, he had some bad drops. He also made some bad throws. I am beginning to believe that our fan base (me included) is so unfamiliar with what "good QB play" is that we are desperately grasping at a few glimpses to hang our hopes on. He is trying his hardest, working his ass off, but I'm not seeing the growth.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
"They'll take the delay of game penalty to burn some more clock."

-Announcer after an incompletion.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If any of the beat writers try to defend PP not being on the hotseat after this game I'm gonna lose faith. If I'm Warde I'm already lining up my candidates as soon as the final whistle blows. Sorry bit this loss is unacceptable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
And you think that fumble was his fault?

It's rough, but yes. The ball was in his hand. It came out as a fumble. It was recovered for a TD by the other team.

In that sense, it is his fault. Whether or not there is anything that he could've done about it, I doubt it.

Reaction Score
We just aren't a very good football team....and its not coaching

No offense, Flyer, but this is the dumbest post all day. It most definitely IS coaching. 2-3 drops does not equal players sucking. Every team will have drops in a game. There is no effort to keep the opposing defense honest. The idiot announcer is totally correct. Just like running up the middle every first down, passing every down with no variety is just GOD AWFUL coaching. Awful! It shows both a self-destructive stubbornness and a lack of the ability to adapt you plays to the players you have. And as for the O-line? There is no way the talent level has dropped this far. Implementing a new O then replacing the O-line coach with the OC with no improvement is evidence of just garbage coaching.
Am I right or wrong?

Reaction Score
The fault is the coaches. Team wasn't prepared to play. Our offense hasn't got better. The o line hasn't got better. The d was flat in the first half. We don't make adjustments or can't and that's the coaches fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom