Game thread SFU | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game thread SFU

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I must say, games against South Florida are typically a little bit frustrating. It was especially bad in 2012 at this time of year. And today, this has been an absolute slaughter. I am incredibly happy with how this game transpired

Reaction Score
I have to say, a big positive today is the defense, especially of the majority-bench lineup in both halves. There was very little drop-off in defense today from the starters to the bench compared to some other games in the past two weeks, so I really liked that.

Reaction Score
Very pleased with Chong and Ekmark today. Chong looked confident and engaged today. Looking to shoot and being active. And Ekmark was aggressive offensively. She goth he put back rebound which she's always looking to do but she was also looking for her shot. Shots kept spinning out and you want so badly for one to go down so she can relax but no luck today. Keep up the effort Chong and Ekmark. We are all pulling for you.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Take what would be a 10-12 inch ponytail and fold it back on itself once (or twice) so that it's a loose bun/ short ponytail.
Sheesh. Next you'll be asking me to describe the basketball.

Well, its, like, um, round, isn't it?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Moriah Jefferson: seven assists against one turnover. Her ATO ratio and three-point shooting percentage are going through the roof.

Get this kid on the WBCA AA team! I can't name 10 players in WCBB I'd rather have on my squad.

Reaction Score
Sue Bird I love you -- but

gotta work on those "ummmmmm" . . .

and "you know" . . .

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Players Need to Know. Where is Tucks name? Granted the AAC is not elite however this was a good team and this UConn team is off the charts good. It was said they haven't peeked yet. Well I can only imagine what theyre going to do in March and April. Right now this team is unbeatable. I don't know what SC plans to do but I cant see them within 25 pts as of right now.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I won't say "for all the talk about attendance" because I'm not criticizing anyone. Alternatively, I'll just say that, even though there was a concern expressed about attendance, more than 9,000 people showed up for a poor opponent despite the mediocre weather and the drive to Storrs from all over the state. Not shabby.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Players Need to Know. Where is Tucks name? Granted the AAC is not elite however this was a good team and this UConn team is off the charts good. It was said they haven't peeked yet. Well I can only imagine what theyre going to do in March and April. Right now this team is unbeatable. I don't know what SC plans to do but I cant see them within 25 pts as of right now.

I had to look up a few of the players on this list .. Tuck is at 14.8 ppg and 58.6% fgp (from uconnhuskies.com) and A'ja Wilson is at 13.2 and 50%. Things that make you go hmmm.

Reaction Score
Great Team Defense by the team today. About the only negative in the game is the number of offensive rebounds USF has. They have 19 with 5 minutes left in the game.

In order to get 19 offensive rebounds you have to a lousy shooting percentage, so it is not something I would brag about if I was the coach.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Well, its, like, um, round, isn't it?
Bunnytail

bunny_tail.jpg

mr006

Reaction Score
I hate seeing these bare crowds. I guess it is hard to complain too much since I don't go to games anymore, but really students? Where are you?

Has being televised every game really hurt the attendance that bad?

They've been televising just about every game since the late 90s, haven't they? The good, bad and ugly ones...

Reaction Score
I think she needs to speak just a little slower - has that new broadcaster "hurried" quality to her info.

Sue is hyperkinetic, so she races through everything, including speech. Pretty common in sports, especially women's sports.

Reaction Score
I won't say "for all the talk about attendance" because I'm not criticizing anyone. Alternatively, I'll just say that, even though there was a concern expressed about attendance, more than 9,000 people showed up for a poor opponent despite the mediocre weather and the drive to Storrs from all over the state. Not shabby.
Many more seats with fannies in the second half for sure. CT roads were bad with many accidents in the AM. Not sure why such a weak student section for this one though.

Reaction Score
SFU is ranked 25th in the coach's poll, 18th on Sagarin, 26th in RPI, 22nd in Power Rankings and we took them apart by 42. Is our only challenge top 5 teams? Or a team wide contagion?

Reaction Score
SFU is ranked 25th in the coach's poll, 18th on Sagarin, 26th in RPI, 22nd in Power Rankings and we took them apart by 42. Is our only challenge top 5 teams? Or a team wide contagion?
Possibly just the contagion

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I must say, games against South Florida are typically a little bit frustrating. It was especially bad in 2012 at this time of year. And today, this has been an absolute slaughter. I am incredibly happy with how this game transpired

Well, it happened because it was scheduled, and I'm glad it happened too, given the dicey weather. And Jose's hopes and those of his team transpired - er evaporated (3rd or 4th definition) - like a snow flake in June. But yeah, I had my worries for this game and it was a laugher. But it was a contest that was up tempo and entertaining throughout.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I hate seeing these bare crowds. I guess it is hard to complain too much since I don't go to games anymore, but really students? Where are you?

Has being televised every game really hurt the attendance that bad?
Just to set the record straight- Students are moving in today/tomorrow for Tues classes. Weather was horrible. The 2nd tier was very very full! Big donors didn't show up on the lower level. 20-25% fans didn't get to their seats because of traffic until 5-6 minutes in. Actually it looked like it was a ver full Gampel, other than big donor no shows.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Good start, but the empty seats are glaring.
Monsoon like weather and fears of flash freezing and of 30 car pile ups in Penn, NJ, NY, NH & Vt could have helped too. Remember what it was like last year in So Car when you got an inch or two of snow? Pea pole didn't make it home that day and abandoned cars all over the state. 20% of fans were coming in at 5-6 minute mark. Students were moving back in to worsen the traffic too.2nd tiers were heavily sold. Big donors stayed hm per usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom