Game thread SFU | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Game thread SFU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Morgan is "slithery" in the paint, just like BT used to be.
Morgan is the glue. She is becoming our Stephanie. She is playing like a monster out there! She looks unreal. She makes so few bad decisions both ends of the court. Wow!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Morgan is "slithery" in the paint, just like BT used to be.
Morgan is the glue. She is becoming our Stephanie. She is playing like a monster out there! She looks unreal. She makes so few bad decisions both ends of the court. Wow!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Gotta say I'm bored, and this is the 2nd best team in the AAC. I've switched over to the Mia-Duke game, which is more competitive.
VG- being at the game. UC was amazing all game on both ends. SF was big, physical and played hard and aggressive the entire game. But the play was actually inspiring all game. Not sure if it came across on TV- but the crowd was really buzzing from the quality of our play.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I never get bored in blowouts, except if UConn is playing poorly. I was at the SMU game and it was just awesome to watch the team in action...holding a D1 team to 9 points after 25 minutes is pretty damn impressive, no matter who you are.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I never get bored in blowouts, except if UConn is playing poorly. I was at the SMU game and it was just awesome to watch the team in action...holding a D1 team to 9 points after 25 minutes is pretty damn impressive, no matter who you are.
Exactly the way we feel. And you can see things live with a perspective u don't always get from TV! :)

Reaction Score
No. it isn't.
no to the review of the basketball..how about the refs? were the stripes still black and white vertical? but if the ref falls down, prone..would we change that to horizontal?:D Biff, you make me smile everyday..thanks

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Regarding attendance -- it usually takes us a little under an hour to get to a game in Storrs, Today in took a little more than two hours to get from our house to our seats. Traffic was really congested on 195 and once we got to campus it was even worse. I don't understand how people can complain about attendance when they don't attend themselves.

Reaction Score
the crowd today was good. We missed the students but they are not fully back yet. I live in waterbury and it is a pretty good drive. I attend about 4 games a year. i work evening shift so i just can't make it. the crowd was kind of quiet but i attribute that to us getting way ahead and not letting up. This team is very special. i am glad i have the chance to see them live several times a year. Love my Huskies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Monsoon like weather and fears of flash freezing and of 30 car pile ups in Penn, NJ, NY, NH & Vt could have helped too. Remember what it was like last year in So Car when you got an inch or two of snow? Pea pole didn't make it home that day and abandoned cars all over the state. 20% of fans were coming in at 5-6 minute mark. Students were moving back in to worsen the traffic too.2nd tiers were heavily sold. Big donors stayed hm per usual.
Certainly bad weather will hurt attendance. We had much more than 2 inches of snowsuit/freezing rain in Columbia during the 2 storms last season, but I was at every men's and women's game. (I only live 5 minutes from our arena, so I'd walk before missing a game) Besides, southerners are paranoid about snow, lol. I didn't know you were having an ice storm today or I wouldn't have made that statement.

Reaction Score
Sue Bird working the game was a breath of fresh air. I felt she didn't speak to fast and her insight in the basketball world is unique.Bringing her experience from international play,in the WNBA and Olympic levels makes for interesting commentary which she delivered. She may be new and not be perfect but she is very good at the start.
Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
not bad for a kid who has been under the weather and playing anyway.
Doesn't KML seem to have a tendency to get sick frequently. She's had mono a couple of times, she's got this, she's got that. Seems like a lot of bronchial things, doesn't it?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Doesn't KML seem to have a tendency to get sick frequently. She's had mono a couple of times, she's got this, she's got that. Seems like a lot of bronchial things, doesn't it?

Isn't she from California? Maybe she's not used to the weather in New England.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Certainly bad weather will hurt attendance. We had much more than 2 inches of snowsuit/freezing rain in Columbia during the 2 storms last season, but I was at every men's and women's game. (I only live 5 minutes from our arena, so I'd walk before missing a game) Besides, southerners are paranoid about snow, lol. I didn't know you were having an ice storm today or I wouldn't have made that statement.
The ice never materialized- but everywhere north and east and south it did. My daughter is in Easely- west of Greenville. She was in the middle of that nightmare. I realize when it happens down there it's a big deal- I was being a bit petty or pithy! :)

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Sue Bird working the game was a breath of fresh air. I felt she didn't speak to fast and her insight in the basketball world is unique.Bringing her experience from international play,in the WNBA and Olympic levels makes for interesting commentary which she delivered. She may be new and not be perfect but she is very good at the start.
Go Huskies!!!
And she made short comments and excellent insights- careful not to over do it- I think u r right!

Reaction Score
Why would Courtney Williams guarantee a victory? There's nothing wrong with being confident, but don't talk until after you've won. Thought it would be a closer game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom