Game thread: second half | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game thread: second half

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Ugh, it stinks that Griner got 3,000 on bailout foul shots when they let a second takedown on Stef go without a whistle. I would rather see her get it on a great play than a star call. She does have a beautiful shooting touch for a big, though.

Bria Hartley! There was a day when you took it as a personal challenge to guard players like Sims and Diggins and were capable of taking over games. Go watch some old tapes of yourself and realize it's still within you.

The takedown play was what I meant by Griner being protected by the refs - Not one of the 3 was watching her ?????

Reaction Score
Baylor is just better - UConn would have to play a much better game to beat 'em.

It's just not going to happen with nearly 20 offensive rebounds and 18 turnovers.

But, holy hell, Mosqueda-Lewis had a heck of a game.
I disagree. UCONN is an amazing team. Stef was off after being pulled to the ground by Griner. and then the clothsline by griner that knocked her to the ground.. There was the Griner foul on KML that was shown as a replay over and over... yet Griner had 1 foul.

Baylor is a good team. Better I would not agree with. They just do better with the refs.

Reaction Score
But, holy hell, Mosqueda-Lewis had a heck of a game.
Obviously she won't shoot 12-for-14 every game, but she's just that good.

Mosqueda-Lewis is basically Paul Pierce in his prime with Ray Allen's jumper. She's great to watch.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
This game shows why I did not think that the old Bria was really back. Geno showed her tapes of last year and she was so much faster. The ankle has had a big impact. This was in January (when she was showed the tapes). She has turned a big corner since then, mentally, but I just don't think physically she is quite there yet and may not be this season. The break after the BE Tournament should be really good for her, though.

She may prove me wrong - definitely hope so! We'll see what she does in South Bend

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I disagree. UCONN is an amazing team. Stef was off after being pulled to the ground by Griner. and then the clothsline by griner that knocked her to the ground.. There was the Griner foul on KML that was shown as a replay over and over... yet Griner had 1 foul.

Baylor is a good team. Better I would not agree with. They just do better with the refs.

Nah, they're better. Defensively, they're pretty impressive and they're built to win these wars of attrition.

UConn couldn't get anything going towards the basket from about the 15 minute mark to the horn - you're just not going to get to the foul line when you're spending most of every possession 23' from the basket.

The first foul on Griner was egregious and given that Dolson's head hit the court so hard, I would have been okay with a Flagrant One or Two.

The second one, eh, I was good with the no-call. They were both fouling each other and Dolson was committed to hitting the floor to try to draw a foul - Griner's move was just to disentangle herself from Dolson. I thought the color analyst tried to sell something that wasn't there. (As she did when she praised Griner for 'covering a guard' when she actually blocked Jefferson's shot flat-footed - as if blocking the shot of someone 15" shorter is such a remarkable achievement. )

Reaction Score
The takedown play was what I meant by Griner being protected by the refs - Not one of the 3 was watching her ?????

You mean when they totally should have been watching for it because they had just called essentially the same foul a flagrant 1? (LOL.)

I think the refs let it go because tossing Griner with the score close would have made them feel like they turned the momentum of the game. (The free points our perimeter players gave up on passing miscues at the end of the first half was what turned it.) Hated to see the whole team (save KML) get tight and tentative after Griner got away with it, though.

Doris' hyperbolic commentary...oy. In the first half, neither team looked like a title contender, and then in the second half, I think she said they were the two best teams in America (or some such). And can you believe Muffett is coaching so, so well after losing so, so much and retaining only one AA-caliber PG who ESPN continually reminds us is one of "3 to See" this WCBB season? (Only three. Ignore the rest. ;))

She's a regular Phil Jackson in patent leather pumps, that Muffett.

Reaction Score
Nah, they're better. Defensively, they're pretty impressive and they're built to win these wars of attrition.

UConn couldn't get anything going towards the basket from about the 15 minute mark to the horn - you're just not going to get to the foul line when you're spending most of every possession 23' from the basket.

The first foul on Griner was egregious and given that Dolson's head hit the court so hard, I would have been okay with a Flagrant One or Two.

The second one, eh, I was good with the no-call. They were both fouling each other and Dolson was committed to hitting the floor to try to draw a foul - Griner's move was just to disentangle herself from Dolson. I thought the color analyst tried to sell something that wasn't there. (As she did when she praised Griner for 'covering a guard' when she actually blocked Jefferson's shot flat-footed - as if blocking the shot of someone 15" shorter is such a remarkable achievement. )
Glad your profile says the Den of Idiots. I do not need to comment any further then

Reaction Score
Yeah if you want to play dirty. Please do not make me laugh.
If you dont think that after tonights game that Baylor is not the best team in the country then what you know about WCBB you can stick in a thimble.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If you dont think that after tonights game that Baylor is not the best team in the country then what you know about WCBB you can stick in a thimble.
They are the best but the clearly can be had.

Reaction Score
They are the best but the clearly can be had.
I absolutly agree Bear and I think if UCONN can limit the turnovers and Breanna Stewart and Bria Hartley can wake up they will have a great chance in the tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom