Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Stef needing a full set of pads from the fball team

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Obvious travel on Griner...what an awful call at a critical time!

U

UCONNfan1

Guys let's be fair. This is a game most didn't expect UCONN to win. Baylor won the NC last year and lost very little to graduation. Stewart was supposed to be UCONN's big addition as a freshman, but she's been limited by who knows what. Who'd have thought Tuck would get 25 minutes and Stewart 7?

Also, everyone knew Griner was going to get hers. The goal was to slow Simms. But we couldn't really stop Pope or Hayden. Good effort by the team, but I just don't see them winning it all this year. Final 4 for sure, possibly NC game if we can get past Stanford or ND, but this seems to be Baylor's year again... Still, a great game. Two powerhouses battling it out.

I honestly thought we'd keep it a little closer. 3-4 point Baylor win, but still, not surprised by the outcome... But Stef in pretty much the entire game? Good for her!

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
The refs or the announcers.. I do not know who I am more disappointed in. I am sorry, but the refs are not doing a good job.... just ask Stef.

But these announcers are all gagga over Griner. The game is in CT..... You could actually pretend to hope CT does well. Horrible.

You expected a reasonably called game with Dee Kantner as the lead ref ???

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Barring injury, I never thought i'd see the box score next to Stewie's name at this point in the game with all zeroes.........

She will learn from this like Stef learned from the Stanford game

Reaction Score
I still think that Griner should have been ejected on that foul, This game was a joke because of the refs. Great play by KML
Horrible job refs and announcers.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Nice to see a little quick hug at the end. A little fake , probably, but still good to see.

Reaction Score
Griner hugs Dolson after the cheap shots she dished out on her. Sickening.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
20 Free Throws for Baylor only 4 for UConn. This team can't seem to get to the line the same amount against Notre Dame and now Baylor. Baylor probably should have been called for more fouls on their rebounding, but this team has to get to the line when shooting. IMHO Sims was the difference in the Game. Hartley had to have the same impact in the 2nd half that Sims did for Baylor.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Baylor is just better - UConn would have to play a much better game to beat 'em.

It's just not going to happen with nearly 20 offensive rebounds and 18 turnovers.

But, holy hell, Mosqueda-Lewis had a heck of a game.

Reaction Score
18 Free Throws for Baylor only 4 for UConn. This team can't seem to get to the line the same amount against Notre Dame and now Baylor.

They probably outscored us in the paint 50-20. And you're surprised we had more fouls??

Reaction Score

Ugh, it stinks that Griner got 3,000 on bailout foul shots when they let a second takedown on Stef go without a whistle. I would rather see her get it on a great play than a star call. She does have a beautiful shooting touch for a big, though.

Bria Hartley! There was a day when you took it as a personal challenge to guard players like Sims and Diggins and were capable of taking over games. Go watch some old tapes of yourself and realize it's still within you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom