Game of Thrones Season 8 | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones Season 8

Reaction Score
I agree with that. I mean this bumblescalito to the end is mind boggling and really sours, but it doesnt wash away the first 5 seasons being some of the best tv ever created.

More like the drive stalled at the 20 was kept alive by a flag on the play , went 3 and out again, and then Jets style butt fumbled the chippie Field Goal attempt for the win

Too kind. It was like the 2005-2006 basketball season. Sitting in the Verizon Center, surrounded by elated George Mason fans, is all I remember. Who cares that we had a great regular season? Rudy Gay, Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong . . . they got pushed around by midgets. Played like ass and lost.

The fact that what came before was great only makes the ignominious failure that much worse.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Too kind. It was like the 2005-2006 basketball season. Sitting in the Verizon Center, surrounded by elated George Mason fans, is all I remember. Who cares that we had a great regular season? Rudy Gay, Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong . . . they got pushed around by midgets. Played like ass and lost.

The fact that what came before was great only makes the ignominious failure that much worse.

also a fair take

August_West

Reaction Score
Overall I was so-so on the finale. It wasn't the worst ever, but certainly wasn't the best either. I would have rather seen Drogon try to light Jon up, and then we'd know whether he'd burn or not -- maybe he wouldn't he's a Targaryen after all.

The Dragon should be his. Dragons are for Targaryens. Its why he could ride Rheagal. Never mind that the show failed in just even giving a nod to this simple point this season before putting him on one, instead favoring the Dany " I have a crush on my Bestie BF, I think Ill let him ride one of my dragons so we can make out at a waterfall"

Hes the last Targaryen.

Another fail.

August_West

Reaction Score

Does anyone even have the heart to fight me on the point of her being the worst ever anymore?

I mean except for dopes like Deepster and BL?

Reaction Score
The way the show ended left the garage door wide open for the inevitable Sequel series. Though HBO denies any sequels in the works, this has to be its intent, Otherwise, why so many loose ends. Do you think that
-The Unsullied & Dothraki are going to stay put on the Red Witch's Isle when Greyworm so strongly feels that he has unfinished business with Tyrion & Jon?
-Arya is sailing off a cliff because the world actually IS flat? I see a whole series where she becomes an alterego if Leif Erikson.
-Sansa is satisfied ruling JUST the North when she can maneuver Bran as her proxy?
-What ABOUT Bran? Could it be that he "Hodored" Dany into madness as a pawn to achieve his actual goal of ascending to the throne & if so, what is the reaction of the Nobles of Westeros if this secret comes out?
-Then there's Ms. Greyjoy: She pledged allegiance to Dany, not the Starks. She wasn't a ward of Ned's as her brother was. Could she & Greyworm conspire in an uprising against House Stark?
There are all sorts of possible plot twists.

Reaction Score
The Dragon should be his. Dragons are for Targaryens. Its why he could ride Rheagal. Never mind that the show failed in just even giving a nod to this simple point this season before putting him on one, instead favoring the Dany " I have a crush on my Bestie BF, I think Ill let him ride one of my dragons so we can make out at a waterfall"

Hes the last Targaryen.

Another fail.
Maybe Drogon took Dany's corpse to the Stronghold of the Lord of Light to be resuscitated by the cohorts of the Red Witch. Another sequel plotline.

August_West

Reaction Score
Maybe Drogon took Dany's corpse to the Stronghold of the Lord of Light to be resuscitated by the cohorts of the Red Witch. Another sequel plotline.

why not?

Complete the epic shark jumping

Reaction Score
As far as the "Game" of Thrones, you could argue that Bran didn't really play it. He was destined to be the 3 Eyed Raven and fulfilled his destiny.

Sansa ruling the North? Played the game better than anyone. Sorry, ADub. She did.

August_West

Reaction Score
As far as the "Game" of Thrones, you could argue that Bran didn't really play it. He was destined to be the 3 Eyed Raven and fulfilled his destiny.

Sansa ruling the North? Played the game better than anyone. Sorry, ADub. She did.

Did you ever think that she got that postion by default because no one wants anything to do with her? Even her own family.

Arya sailing off the end of the earth to get the hell away from her
Bran takes a throne he doesnt care about to get the hell away from her
Jon will live beyond the wall just to put more distance between him and Sansa.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I thought the show ended appropriately. The only issue I had was the rushing of the story lines to get to the close. In the end though they did a good job of closing the main idea of the show. They spent 6 seasons talking about breaking the cycle and stopping the ultimate demise of humanity at the hands of the white walkers. The white walkers were defeated and Westeros is in the same position it was in at the start of the show. It kind of reminded me of the ending to The Wire. You can change the pieces of the game, but ultimately humans will be humans and the cycle will continue to go on.

Reaction Score
Did you ever think that she got that postion by default because no one wants anything to do with her? Even her own family.

Arya sailing off the end of the earth to get the hell away from her
Bran takes a throne he doesnt care about to get the hell away from her
Jon will live beyond the wall just to put more distance between him and Sansa.

It's like Donald Trump looking at facts that make him a loser and simply declaring that he won.

Reaction Score
I don't doubt that with more time they would have done a better job wrapping up the story. It didn't happen. Whose fault that is is up for debate. Like ColchVEGAS, I have an issue not so much with the ending but with how it got there -- there was just no time to cover everything. It felt like someone rushing to thank everyone at an awards show before the music starts.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think we are finding a big gap between fantasy fans and fans of the character. The fantasy fans are mad because fantasy stories generally have clean resolutions, and this one doesn't. The fans of the character development and the story are fine with the ending because the ice zombies and dragons were always the least interesting part of the story.

I am glad Drogon left the way he did.

Reaction Score
Drogon and dragons in general and their use in the show was fine. The ultimate resolution, was fine. It’s a shame Benioff and Weiss had to rush it to get to Star Wars, but whatever. We needed more from the Night King story line. Ultimately he acted mainly as a McGuffin which is a cheap storytelling mechanism.

Anybody notice the blades of grass peeking out of the snow as Jon started to walk north with the wildlings? Summer is coming?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't doubt that with more time they would have done a better job wrapping up the story. It didn't happen. Whose fault that is is up for debate. Like ColchVEGAS, I have an issue not so much with the ending but with how it got there -- there was just no time to cover everything. It felt like someone rushing to thank everyone at an awards show before the music starts.

I liked episode 2 and episode 6 the best of this season because they were smaller, character development episodes, rather than giant battles. Most of the characters I wanted to spend more time with are gone. Maybe this season could have used one more episode just to slow it down a little. Episode 4 should have been 40 minutes longer, and split into two episodes. Give the characters a little more time to digest the Battle of Winterfell, and their futures. I think some of the tertiary characters that show up at the very end, like Royce and Tully, should have been in the battle of Kings Landing too, just to bring them back in the loop.

Edmure Tully didn't get enough air time in the show or the books for that matter, He was one of the more interesting characters, mostly a jackass, but just competent enough to be credible as a player. It happens off screen, but he does lead his army to victory over an army led by the Mountain.

I don't like Bronn getting Highgarden. I think it would have been more interesting for him to find out that the nobility of Westeros would never accept him as an equal, and he should have finished the show dependent on Tyrion's good graces.

These are quibbles though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Drogon and dragons in general and their use in the show was fine. The ultimate resolution, was fine. It’s a shame Benioff and Weiss had to rush it to get to Star Wars, but whatever. We needed more from the Night King story line. Ultimately he acted mainly as a McGuffin which is a cheap storytelling mechanism.

Anybody notice the blades of grass peeking out of the snow as Jon started to walk north with the wildlings? Summer is coming?

The lack of Night King motivation is a massive plot hole, and my biggest complaint about the last two seasons.

Reaction Score
I think we are finding a big gap between fantasy fans and fans of the character. The fantasy fans are mad because fantasy stories generally have clean resolutions, and this one doesn't. The fans of the character development and the story are fine with the ending because the ice zombies and dragons were always the least interesting part of the story.

I am glad Drogon left the way he did.

Not sure how much cleaner if could have been. They spent the last 30 minutes wrapping up the story lines. My preferred ending is if the show just faded to black as Drogon rode off with Dany. Did we really need the last 30 minutes? Imagine the Breaking Bad finale tacking on 30 minutes following Jesse/Skyler/Walt Jr around as they rebuilt their lives. I don't think it was necessary. Although I guess we are getting a post-Breaking Bad movie, lol.

Reaction Score
Not sure how much cleaner if could have been. They spent the last 30 minutes wrapping up the story lines. My preferred ending is if the show just faded to black as Drogon rode off with Dany. Did we really need the last 30 minutes? Imagine the Breaking Bad finale tacking on 30 minutes following Jesse/Skyler/Walt Jr around as they rebuilt their lives. I don't think it was necessary. Although I guess we are getting a post-Breaking Bad movie, lol.
A huge part of me was hoping Drogon would bend down to let his new master board him. And as we see Jon take his seat, the utter realization of how powerful he now is washes over him, the winner of the Game of Thrones flashes a look of malevolence as he and Drogon take flight. Cut to black.

Way too out of character tho.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I think they did Jon dirty in the end. He either should have died a hero, or been king, not banished to the no longer necessary night's watch.

The only thing I can think of is that they're setting this up for a feature where Jon somehow gets another shot to come out of exile (they need him to summon Drogon or something). There's a new enemy coming from the west that Arya discovers.

Reaction Score
The way the show ended left the garage door wide open for the inevitable Sequel series. Though HBO denies any sequels in the works, this has to be its intent, Otherwise, why so many loose ends. Do you think that
-The Unsullied & Dothraki are going to stay put on the Red Witch's Isle when Greyworm so strongly feels that he has unfinished business with Tyrion & Jon?
-Arya is sailing off a cliff because the world actually IS flat? I see a whole series where she becomes an alterego if Leif Erikson.
-Sansa is satisfied ruling JUST the North when she can maneuver Bran as her proxy?
-What ABOUT Bran? Could it be that he "Hodored" Dany into madness as a pawn to achieve his actual goal of ascending to the throne & if so, what is the reaction of the Nobles of Westeros if this secret comes out?
-Then there's Ms. Greyjoy: She pledged allegiance to Dany, not the Starks. She wasn't a ward of Ned's as her brother was. Could she & Greyworm conspire in an uprising against House Stark?
There are all sorts of possible plot twists.

Because the show runners mailed it in. There is no explanation, no justification, just the fact that these guys were washed and produced a pretty poor end to the series.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Second viewing? I would rather remarry my ex-wife for another ten-year prison term than rewatch that mess. It was awful. God awful. I literally was yelling at the television "just end."

Yes, but you're kind of a nitwit who seems happier when you're miserable.

Reaction Score
Aren't all the Unsullied eunuchs? Or is it just Greyworm? That's cool they got their own island and all but how exactly are they going to maintain a civilization without a single baby maker amongst them??

Reaction Score
So many things to pick at, but what's done is done I guess.

I am glad Bronn didn't get killed somehow, but you have to laugh that a guy who didn't understand how money was lent out and repaid is now the master of coin for the realm. And why does the North get to go off and be it's own kingdom? Wouldn't anyone else want the same deal? Seriously, how the hell would Bran the broken hold it all together with a capital in ruins and no army to speak of?

We have to make so many assumptions because of the way this thing was rushed at the end. Makes for a very unsatisfying conclusion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom