Game of Thrones Season 8 | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones Season 8

Reaction Score
We got a mad queen, y’all.

I never liked the damn bitch, but too little foreshadowing and character development to go there. Up until two episodes ago, there was as much effort putting John into the Mad King role as Danny in the Mad Queen one. None.

Reaction Score
Well that went off the rails. Fun episode. Not sure Cersi is dead. Quite a few folks left to fight it out.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I never liked the damn bitch, but too little foreshadowing and character development to go there. Up until two episodes ago, there was as much effort putting John into the Mad King role as Danny in the Mad Queen one. None.
Mostly yes, and just another example of how dumb it was to arbitrarily cram so much in to the last few episodes.

Reaction Score
Instead of taking the time over the past seasons to show a glimmer of the madness, we get a throwaway Varys line about a coin flip instead.

Reaction Score
All those castle-mounted and ship-mounted scorpions, and no one can hit the broad side of a barn.

Reaction Score
It probably says a lot about me. But I tend to really enjoy these episodes, thought this was possibly the best of the series. Then I go read the comments of people complaining and realize how dumb some things were

Reaction Score
It probably says a lot about me. But I tend to really enjoy these episodes, thought this was possibly the best of the series. Then I go read the comments of people complaining and realize how dumb some things were
It's not bad entertainment but the writers are playing fast and loose with virtually everything now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Up until 2 episodes ago, she thought she was the rightful heir to the Iron throne. Her sole purpose in life. And was in possession of another dragon(child) and handmaiden.

I thought there was plenty of foreshadowing throughout the series. Simply burning all and sundry who refused to bend the knee told me as much.

Dany had the expectation that everyone in westeros was going to acknowledge her as rightful queen in a heartbeat. When they didn't, it set her off.

Reaction Score
The old mental illness story trick...one minute were all good guys the next I'm burning 1 million people to the ground.

Reaction Score
Up until 2 episodes ago, she thought she was the rightful heir to the Iron throne. Her sole purpose in life.

I thought there was plenty of foreshadowing thought the series. Simply burning all and sundry who refused to bend the knee told me as much.

Dany had the expectation that everyone in westeros was going to acknowledge her as rightful queen in a heartbeat. When they didn't, it set her off.
Yeah I feel like they've been leading up to this point since the minute they introduced the character. If anything I thought they were way too obvious that she was going mad and gonna do this

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Usually my predictions are crap so I’ll just selectively quote this one.

Arya's gotta be a front runner as well.

She was fortunate to find the most resilient horse in human history there at the end.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Arya's gotta be a front runner as well.

She was fortunate to find the most resilient horse in human history there at the end.
Resilient or flame resistant? That was definitely.......unnecessary.

Reaction Score

They've been hinting at it from at least the beginning of season 7 (when she was obsessed with Jon bending the knee), and started right up again with the first episode this season and her conflict with Sansa.

Reaction Score
They've been hinting at it from at least the beginning of season 7 (when she was obsessed with Jon bending the knee), and started right up again with the first episode this season and her conflict with Sansa.
Also her burning the Tarly's in season 6. More subtly with how she handled Qarth and Mereen in the show and the people she killed

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Resilient or flame resistant? That was definitely..unnecessary.

Both. Horses are one of the most skittish animals out there.

And that thing was just chilling in the middle of a goshdarn apocalypse.

Reaction Score
Ehh.

They've been hinting that she would be willing to be a little more ruthless to get the throne compared to how she was for most of the series trying to end oppression and really make a difference.

But destroying the entire city for no reason after they had surrendered is going way too far and is just relying on the whole she's a targaryen so she's crazy idea which is kind of lame.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think this was a great episode. Varys, Littlefinger and the Hound have been kind of narrators for the duration of the series. They have all hinted at the events leading up to this for a while. There are no good and bad guys. Just a bunch of killers. Danaerys is no better than any of the others.

Every Dany ally had the same reaction that most fans did. Anger that they supported her.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Haven't watched the entire episode, but it looks like the dwarf will ultimately rule the Seven Kingdoms.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think the winner of the game is the point anymore. I think the message is that the game is evil, and will corrupt everyone that plays. Think about how much everyone was willing to do to win. Stannis killed his brother and daughter, and led his entire army to defeat. Ned Stark picked a fight he could not win. Renly unleashed the forces that would kill him. The Tyrells backed one, then another, then a third player, and ultimately lost everything. Same with Dorne. Cersei was winning almost the whole time, and she died anonymously under the city, her body never to be found.

The Starks may end up winning, or maybe Danaerys will, but whoever wins will have the blood of almost all of Kings Landing on their hands.

I like it.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
My quick thoughts:

At least they returned to GOT and had some bad things happening.

Way better than the last two episodes.

The Clegane duel was fun, but once you stick a dagger through someones head, they pretty much have to die. Anyway, they both die - good enough.

Arya running through the streets like a scared school child, well that's not in her character. But she made it out - good enough.

Cerci getting killed by a Red Keep collapse seems so anti climatic. Someone significant should have killed her. (and to the one who thinks she still alive - hahahahaha - the place collapsed around her and Jamie - they're dead [I hope I don't have to regret that])

Other than that, Dany bad, John good. Who wins?

Edit
One more thought - WTF was the dragon so much more effective vs the arrows compared to the last episode. Don't tell me Dany got more knowledge.... Anyone could figure out how to come from behind or the side. That's a bad throw away for the writers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You don't go from "breaking the wheel," lecturing your Queen of Thorne ally about not being here to murder, sacrificing everything to fight the dead to . . . burning an entire city of people because the bad queen of 8 seasons killed your best friend.

Also her burning the Tarly's in season 6. More subtly with how she handled Qarth and Mereen in the show and the people she killed

This is like saying we should have credibly accepted Jon flying on Drogon and burning an entire city because he hung the mutineers who rebelled against his rule as Lord Commander. Maybe Varys and the show creators think it's different to burn than hang people, but that just makes them stupid and the character development thoughtless.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You don't go from "breaking the wheel," lecturing your Queen of Thorne ally about not being here to murder, sacrificing everything to fight the dead to . . . burning an entire city of people because the bad queen of 8 seasons killed your best friend.

This is like saying we should have credibly accepted Jon flying on Drogon and burning an entire city because he hung the mutineers who rebelled against his rule as Lord Commander. Maybe Varys and the show creators think it's different to burn than hang people, but that just makes them stupid and the character development thoughtless.

A kindergartner could’ve painted by numbered a better more cohesive season script with less plot holes and total inexplicable character flip flops.

Scratch that , a monkey throwing paint at a canvas to create “ art” could’ve surpassed it.

Unbelievable.

We waited 2 years for this?!!

Well I will say one thing, they mitigated my hatred of GRRM .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom