Game of Thrones - Season 5 | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones - Season 5

Reaction Score
This show does a pretty great job of making you hate certain people, and then feeling bad for them when they finally get their comeuppance.
I only feel bad for the Lannisters for what happened to the chick. Cersei, on the other hand, you knew the whole time was just going through what she ha to to get her vengeance. Didn't feel bad for a second; you know she is going to go APE on some people next season, and she just got pretty much the perfect weapon for it: a zombie Mountain.

Reaction Score
My opinion on Marcella mirrors what many thought about Shireen -- completely gratuitous, and unlike Shireen, not necessary to advance the story.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I have a theory that Melissandra sacrificed Stanis and his army for John Snow. She went straight to the wall. She also talked to John and said I see greatness in you and that there is only one true war. War between the living and the dead. I don't see how they can let him die. Just a theory.
I'm with you on this. I think she's involved in his execution and resurrection. Also, we didn't actually see Stanis die.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
So I'm no nitpicker. I haven't grumbled like some other fans at some of the plot lines because overall I love the show/books/whatever.

But I did kinda scratch my head at how Stannis was somehow the only one left alive in the woods after the massacre. And how Brienne just happened to stumble upon him. Seemed a bridge too far.

Reaction Score
I have a theory that Melissandra sacrificed Stanis and his army for John Snow. She went straight to the wall. She also talked to John and said I see greatness in you and that there is only one true war. War between the living and the dead. I don't see how they can let him die. Just a theory.

I too was wondering what she was doing back in Winterfell after deserting Stanis on the eve of battle. Of all the places she could have run off to, it seemed like a strange destination for her. This thought came back to me as we watched Jon Snow bleed out and here was a woman who could resurrect him. To take your point a step further in the speculation department, Melissandra also told Stanis that she had a vision of the Bolton flags being burned. Since that didn't happen in this episode and since we haven't seen her have a false vision yet, then maybe that vision is still waiting to happen. Maybe back-from-the-dead Jon Snow, now freed from his vows to the Watch, leads an army of Wildlings to capture Winterfell?

Was also thinking that with the death of Stanis, the House of Baratheon is pretty much gone. No Robert, no Renly and now no Stanis. Wondering if this opens the door for a Gendry reappearance.

Reaction Score
My opinion on Marcella mirrors what many thought about Shireen -- completely gratuitous, and unlike Shireen, not necessary to advance the story.

I think it was part of Allaria's plan to foment war between Dorne & King's Landing.

Reaction Score
Also, we didn't actually see Stanis die.
I was thinking the same thing the whole time; it seems that the writers get off in some way of showing us the grizzliest of deaths, yet they won't show us a (allegedly) routine execution of a major, major player. The only thing was how somber she seemed with Sir Davos.

Go back and look, I called a fight between Stannis and Brie, the main significance being she has Jaime's sword, which is Vallerian steel. Earlier in the episode Jon mentions how there aren't enough of those kinds of swords in the world when Sam asked how many there are. I do remember her saying how the Lord of Light has plans for Jon or something to that effect. Maybe she let Stannis die for the kingsblood needed, but why did Jon need to die (also kingsblood)? And again, why was Stannis's alleged death simply glossed over?

Reaction Score
I too was wondering what she was doing back in Winterfell after deserting Stanis on the eve of battle. Of all the places she could have run off to, it seemed like a strange destination for her. This thought came back to me as we watched Jon Snow bleed out and here was a woman who could resurrect him. To take your point a step further in the speculation department, Melissandra also told Stanis that she had a vision of the Bolton flags being burned. Since that didn't happen in this episode and since we haven't seen her have a false vision yet, then maybe that vision is still waiting to happen. Maybe back-from-the-dead Jon Snow, now freed from his vows to the Watch, leads an army of Wildlings to capture Winterfell?

Was also thinking that with the death of Stanis, the House of Baratheon is pretty much gone. No Robert, no Renly and now no Stanis. Wondering if this opens the door for a Gendry reappearance.

I think the flags will burn because of Sansa. The north is still loyal to her and I think she gets the banners together to take back Winterfell!

Reaction Score
Anybody else hoping that the White Walkers just go ape and destroy the nights watch, boltons, freys, lannisters, and then the dragons take them down!

Reaction Score
Not saying that I like Stannis, I just find his character really interesting. So I am going assume that he is dead. I mean, he kind of deserved to die, given his poor strategy and thinking he could lay seige to a fortress with so little knowledge of the offensive capacity of said fortress... Wasn't he supposed to be a military genius or something?

Jon Snow. I think it's more likely he comes back. Although that would be tremendously disappointing. I like the character, but dead should be dead. But then again we have an undead Mountain now so I guess that's an actual thing.

You mean "Zombie Mountain"

Nelson you must be loving that, huh? More magic! :)

But could it be science? Only half kidding.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Kit Harrington said he is done with Game of Thrones. Maybe he is faking us all out, and your theory is solid if they were to bring him back, although apparently the showrunners let drop that they are not big fans of bringing major characters back from dead, which is why there was a notable absence at the end of this season relative to the books. It could also be that Melissandre just wanted his royal blood.

I think the flags will burn because of Sansa. The north is still loyal to her and I think she gets the banners together to take back Winterfell!

Solid theory.

It was a quick end for Stannis, which is why I was a little pissed off last night. I expected him to take Winterfell and for Ramsay Snow to meet a grizzly demise, and Stannis was the closest thing we had to a central character this season. That was a whole lot of screen time to just suddenly end as if it never happened. I did like Brienne taking him out, although it was a little far-fetched that she would find him in the woods at the end of the battle, with no one noticing the 6'2 chick in clean armor.

Renly was the first death that really frosted me because it was with magic and I really don't like plot twists that involve magic killing people, because if that is possible, why doesn't the side with magic just cast a spell to win? Renly was also the one I was rooting for to win the War of the Five Kings. He was by far the coolest of the choices.

I am glad that Sansa escaped, although the absence of the Vale and Littlefinger after about the 2nd episode was a little strange.

The producers salvaged about an hour of silly screen time from Dorne this season by killing Mycella. That was the first interesting turn in the entire Dorne arc.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Did Sansa escape? I thought she jumped to her death?

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Brie is too "proper" and "Knightly". She won't just kill Stanis, she'll try to arrest him and bring him to trial or turn him over to someone .That's probably why we didn't see him die.

Reaction Score
I had been thinking that Melisandre, if anything, would want Jon Snow's royal blood, as opposed to being able to bring him back from the dead. I felt when they were showing Jon dying, there was a strong focus to his blood running. To me, I felt this was purposeful and that the directors were trying to hint something (could be a stretch and they may just be enhancing/exaggerating the death of an important character, but it certainly could be something to think about going forward).

Reaction Score
A little strange Melisandra wasted the sacrifice of Stanis's kid for only a little snow melting. I'm less impressed by this lord of light guy. Seems like the assassin ghost dude would have been a much better weapon. I think Melisandra probably knows that Jon Snow is not a bastard at all, my guess is he is the son of Ned's dead Sister and maybe Robert Baratheon. maybe has a legitimate claim to Winterfell and the Crown with everyone else being dead.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have a good idea with what happened to Arya? The scene where she goes "blind" was confusing to me. I am struggling to figure out if she is supposed to be blind forever - or if it's temporary. I see someone mentioned she was blind for her training in the book, so maybe she will have to be blind to completely become "no one."

Regardless, that scene with her killing Sir Meryn Trant was awesome and savage. As soon as the little girl took her punches, I knew Arya was about to appear and kill him, and in quite a brutal way. The only regret was I didn't get to hear/understand what he was saying about Syrio Forrel, the first sword of Braavos who originally trained Arya! We never saw him die, or had hard proof. I was hoping we would get a choking/dying revelation from Meryn that he was still alive somewhere. She will be one bad mamma jamma in the future (if she can see again, of course).

Reaction Score
A little strange Melisandra wasted the sacrifice of Stanis's kid for only a little snow melting. I'm less impressed by this lord of light guy. Seems like the assassin ghost dude would have been a much better weapon. I think Melisandra probably knows that Jon Snow is not a bastard at all, my guess is he is the son of Ned's dead Sister and maybe Robert Baratheon. maybe has a legitimate claim to Winterfell and the Crown with everyone else being dead.

He was probably a bastard. Just not Ned's or Robert's.

Reaction Score

Look up R+L= J

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Having to wait 9 months to see if the cavalry will acknowledge Dani as their monarch will be gut wrenching. Of course it does give Drogon a chance to heel from his wounds. Dani intentionally dropping her ring into the grass was interesting. Like barbarians find women dressed in regal garments in a meadow unguarded on the side of a mountain daily. At the very least, if they don't recognize Dani, they at least know that they have a hostage that some entity will pay dearly for. As soon as I saw the horsemen encircling her, my immediate thought was how will the 2 suitors rescue her from THAT horde.

My wife said when the Dothraki circled her and rode around her, it didn't seem like they were trying to intimidate her, but that it almost seemed celebratory. She thinks the horde saw Dani fly in on her dragon and they view her as a god. Even if that's not true, as a group that respects power and nothing else, you have to figure they'll bow down to her when they see her dragon.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I'm with you on this. I think she's involved in his execution and resurrection. Also, we didn't actually see Stanis die.

Totally. There was that guy in earlier seasons who kept getting resurrected by a lord of light priest. The guy who light his sword on fire in a battle with the hound.

Reaction Score

I think there is definitely something to this. Ned Stark was very secretive about who Jon Snow's mother was and seemed like he was planning to tell Jon a long time from then. It would make sense if he were to protect Jon Snow from knowing he was truly a Baratheon, because people would have been out to kill him to stop his claim to the throne.

The R + L = J theory believes that Rhaegar Targaryen and Ned Starks' sister, Lyanna, are secretly Jon's parents. Either way, there is a good chance that Jon does/did have the blood of a king.

If this is true, and Melisandre knows, she could certainly be interested in having Jon Snow's blood. Speaking of her, her predictions for the future and her tactics are getting old. It makes me wonder how full of crap she is. If I didn't see the shadow/magic thing that formed Stannis and killed Renley, I wouldn't trust what she says at all.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
There was a lot of ambiguity in the episode last night. Several characters appeared to have died but did they?

We didn't actually see Brianne kill Stannis.
We don't know if Myrcella is actually dead. What would happen to Tristaine if she did? Maybe he has some antidote w/ him.
Did Theon and Sansa survive the fall?

As for Jon - I don't care what Kit Harrington said to Entertainment Weekly. The whole story is pointless if Jon is dead and never coming back. Pretty sure Kit just wants to keep some mystery going. There are a couple theories for what may have happened to him, and people can look them up if they want.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom