Game of Thrones - Season 5 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones - Season 5

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
"At least there are no more spoilers to be had as just about everyone save for Dany, and Arya has reaches the end of their book story. And the plot points are minor at best. Dany, eventually gets back to Mereen and Arya resumes training having lost her sight. So there, I spoiled it."
I'm pretty sure Dany's story ended at the same point in the books but Arya goes on a little bit longer and she does **SPOILER**eventually get her eyesight back **SPOILER**.

Not even though. They just muddle her timeline. She lost her sight as part of her training, in the books. And in a true timeline wouldve come before where she ended up in the show.

They muddled her timeline simply to include the murder of Meryn Trant on the show. Another cheap pop moment for this season.

August_West

Reaction Score
The Cersei scene was terrific, much more intense than in the books where it came off as kind of silly. No idea what the point of zombie mountain is or why he's still alive.

He's alive because Cersei DID NOT confess to the worst of her sins: incest with Jaimie and having 3 kids out of that. She will be going to trial for that (according to the high sparrow). And my bet is that it is "trial by combat" and that Zombie Mountain is her champion.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Right, but that was a rebellion. Just like Robb Stark was leading a rebellion. And yes, Renly's claim would be considered a "rebellion" as well.
Which is my point in regards to Brienne. She is posed as the ultimate in integrity and honor and in keeping Oath's and following the code.
Except in her support of Renly.

But if Stannis is "true king" only because of a rebellion, then wouldn't her backing Stannis be just as bad as Renly? I took it that she sees Renly as the best potential king of all, morality-wise. Stannis was burning people at the stake since Robert died, Joffrey was a nutjob and Robb Stark also had no better claim on the throne. Don't see what her other option was.

August_West

Reaction Score
But if Stannis is "true king" only because of a rebellion, then wouldn't her backing Stannis be just as bad as Renly? I took it that she sees Renly as the best potential king of all, morality-wise. Stannis was burning people at the stake since Robert died, Joffrey was a nutjob and Robb Stark also had no better claim on the throne. Don't see what her other option was.
My feeling is (and its just an opinion) is that once you "take the throne" by force you have taken the throne and in the absence of being overthrown the line of succession is the way. So in my mind Stannis has a better claim than even Dany. Dany would not be given the throne back by claim. She would need to fight for it.

By the way I pretty much hate Brienne almost as much as I hate Sansa. So just know that I am coming from of place of irrationality and Im just trying to denigrate her and we will get along fine. :)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
August_West said:
My feeling is (and its just an opinion) is that once you "take the throne" by force you have taken the throne and in the absence of being overthrown the line of succession is the way. So in my mind Stannis has a better claim than even Dany. Dany would not be given the throne back by claim. She would need to fight for it.

By the way I pretty much hate Brienne almost as much as I hate Sansa. So just know that I am coming from of place of irrationality and Im just trying to denigrate her and we will get along fine. :)

Her storyline ended when Arya left for Bravos. Just as Sansa's ended sitting around the Vale with Littlefinger. The show needed something for these characters to do so they winged it. Same with Jamie, who should laying siege in the Riverlands generally avoiding Cersei, and Bronn living a happy retirement not to be heard after Tyrion's trial by combat #2.

I'm cool with the Arya arc so far. Faithful to the books, but presented in a much richer narrative. The TV puffery enhanced the storyline rather than change or outright butcher it.

The Wall arc was also fairly well done. The only thing I didn't like was the sense that Sam was itching to get out of castle black. He was sent there deliberately with Aemon, Gilly, and Little Sam to become a maester, by Jon. Their journey takes up most of an entire book and they reduce it to Sam getting out while the gettin' is good? Bad form there.

The king's landing arc was a bit clumsy. Cersei creates sparrow army, sparrow army arrests Cersei for crimes we've known for years but nothing about the crimes since she reassumed power after Tywin's death, and Cersei gets her comeuppance. Lazy.

Dorne, we don't need to discuss further.

Dany as boring as it was until Tyrion shows up, it was still a lot more interesting than the books where it really dragged and we are still waiting for Tyrion and Jorah to show up inside the city.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Stannis was the "true king" because he was the oldest brother of Robert Baratheon. The reason Joffrey, and now Tommen, are the king are because they are supposed to be the sons of Robert Baratheon and they would come first in the line of succession. If you know that all of Cersei's children are bastards she had with Jaime, then Stannis should have rightful claim to the throne, followed by Renly as they are his brothers.

The Targaryen family was all slaughtered in a rebellion, when the mad king was killed and Robert Baratheon took the throne. That said, Daenerys "should" have the throne, but all of her family was rumored to be dead. Considering there was a rebellion that killed her family, I agree with the above post that she would likely not be given the throne via claim, she would need to fight for it (although, it seems everyone wants to "claim" the throne, and you will have to fight for it no matter your position).

Reaction Score
I think that Brienne and Jon Snow's swords should play a large part in the next couple seasons. It is little known by people that only dragon glass and Valyrian steel are the only things that can really defeat white walkers. Jon and Brienne each have one of very few Valyrian steel swords remaining in the world. There is a very finite amount of Valyrian steel in general remaining in the entire world, most of it being in form of sword held by the higher houses (Lannister one was given to Brienne, Starks to Jon Snow, etc). Tywin Lannister previously said there are only 3 people who know how to forge the material. It should be extremely interesting to see what happens with each of their swords now that Jon Snow is "dead." Also will be cool to see what happens with the dragonglass daggers Jon Snow left in Hardhome (if they appear ever again) and I believe I saw Wun Wun the giant holding a dagger that he never gave back.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Stannis was the "true king" because he was the oldest brother of Robert Baratheon. The reason Joffrey, and now Tommen, are the king are because they are supposed to be the sons of Robert Baratheon and they would come first in the line of succession. If you know that all of Cersei's children are bastards she had with Jaime, then Stannis should have rightful claim to the throne, followed by Renly as they are his brothers.

The Targaryen family was all slaughtered in a rebellion, when the mad king was killed and Robert Baratheon took the throne. That said, Daenerys "should" have the throne, but all of her family was rumored to be dead. Considering there was a rebellion that killed her family, I agree with the above post that she would likely not be given the throne via claim, she would need to fight for it (although, it seems everyone wants to "claim" the throne, and you will have to fight for it no matter your position).

I understand the whole premise of the line of succession. I have no issue with everyone trying to claim the throne, either. I just don't understand how Brienne is being "dishonorable" by not honoring the true king when she would be far more dishonorable in my eyes by doing so. Standing around defending a man that burns people at the stake? Yeah, I don't see her doing that. In her eyes, she's being honorable by helping the most capable man take the throne.

August_West

Reaction Score
I think that Brienne and Jon Snow's swords should play a large part in the next couple seasons. It is little known by people that only dragon glass and Valyrian steel are the only things that can really defeat white walkers. Jon and Brienne each have one of very few Valyrian steel swords remaining in the world. There is a very finite amount of Valyrian steel in general remaining in the entire world, most of it being in form of sword held by the higher houses (Lannister one was given to Brienne, Starks to Jon Snow, etc). Tywin Lannister previously said there are only 3 people who know how to forge the material. It should be extremely interesting to see what happens with each of their swords now that Jon Snow is "dead." Also will be cool to see what happens with the dragonglass daggers Jon Snow left in Hardhome (if they appear ever again) and I believe I saw Wun Wun the giant holding a dagger that he never gave back.

I want to know what became of Joffrey;s VS sword.
Ned Starks sword was melted and made two swords. One for Joffrey on for Jaimie. Jaimie gave his to Brienne. Where is Joffrey's since he died?

Reaction Score
Ned Starks sword was melted and made two swords. One for Joffrey on for Jaimie. Jaimie gave his to Brienne. Where is Joffrey's since he died?

It is probably Tommen's now.

Reaction Score

Now that you mention it, Jon Snow did get his sword from Lord Commander Jeor Mormont.

I think you have to assume Joffrey's sword is Tommens and just stays with the Lannisters for the time being. Biggest waste of a Valyrian sword ever.

Reaction Score
That dragon was injured and probably exhausted.

Sometime after about 30 minutes into Ep. 1 Season 6.

Random Dothraki Dude: "Man, you're right, they really do taste like chicken!"

Reaction Score
Or the Red Witch "saves" him and he becomes the leader of the Wildlings.

I'm guessing you're closer to the truth, but the Night's King did seem to have an eye-lock moment with Jon Snow in the Hardhomme episode....

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Small moment in an otherwise packed episode but when Sam lets Jon know about him and Gilly... That cracked me up.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing you're closer to the truth, but the Night's King did seem to have an eye-lock moment with Jon Snow in the Hardhomme episode....

Very true. Hey, I have been wrong on ever prediction thus far. So I have no doubt my guess is totally off base.

Reaction Score
He's alive because Cersei DID NOT confess to the worst of her sins: incest with Jaimie and having 3 kids out of that. She will be going to trial for that (according to the high sparrow). And my bet is that it is "trial by combat" and that Zombie Mountain is her champion.
No chance. Cersei and King Tommen gave the high sparrow his power and not only will she summarily take it away, but I assume the scorched earth approach she will take will leave them all smoldering in the end. Letting her walk out of there, no matter how traumatic was the biggest mistake of their soon-to-be-over lives.

August_West

Reaction Score
Deadrody said:
No chance. Cersei and King Tommen gave the high sparrow his power and not only will she summarily take it away, but I assume the scorched earth approach she will take will leave them all smoldering in the end. Letting her walk out of there, no matter how traumatic was the biggest mistake of their soon-to-be-over lives.

We will see. Why would they mention a trial last night if it ain't going to happen?
I'll bet money on a trial happening.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There's no reason they should be alive after that jump but I'm assuming they are.
I was thinking they landed in about 6-10 feet of snow that was piled there

If there's enough fresh powder, they could absolutely be alive. Problem with that is that if there is enough fresh powder, they'd probably suffocate drown instead.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
But could it be science? Only half kidding.
You mean "Zombie Mountain"
Nelson you must be loving that, huh? More magic! :)

Pretty sure the Mountain never actually died. Permanent vegetative state I think.

So maybe he's just been reanimated? And given that black maester, I think its probably as much science, as dark art.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah I see Cersei marching into her son's room and having him take the army and zombie Mountain and up the Sparrows in the first episode next year.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Kit Harrington said he is done with Game of Thrones. Maybe he is faking us all out, and your theory is solid if they were to bring him back, although apparently the showrunners let drop that they are not big fans of bringing major characters back from dead, which is why there was a notable absence at the end of this season relative to the books. It could also be that Melissandre just wanted his royal blood.

As for Jon - I don't care what Kit Harrington said to Entertainment Weekly. The whole story is pointless if Jon is dead and never coming back. Pretty sure Kit just wants to keep some mystery going. There are a couple theories for what may have happened to him, and people can look them up if they want.

They often say that Jon Snow specifically will not be back. That does not exclude Azor Azahi reborn or Jon-as-a-Warg-in-Ghost from coming into the story.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Well here is my gripe with her. Why was she sworn to Renly in the first place in the war of the 5 kings? I mean she sides with everything that is " right" , no?
She is virtuous , no?
So why support Renly if she is such a moral compass.

She was supposedly in love with him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom