Gabby Williams | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gabby Williams

Reaction Score
Delighted to see that the replay is already posted, at least on The Boneyard, especially since so many of us missed a lot of the first half. Every minute is included. I invite all my friends here to watch it, and then return here to list (I really encourage this) all the players in WCBB they would proclaim more viable options for the Most Valuable Player in the Country than Gabby Williams. Can't wait to see the list.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm a men's board poster and have only seen the women's team play a few times this year. Needed to come over to start a Gabby thread. Each time I've watched the women's team she immediately jumps out to me as the best player out there. She is a freak athlete in the Durant Lebron mold for the women'e game. She is already better since the last time I saw her and she is still just scratching the surface. I don't know all the players in the women's game but my guess is there isn't anyone better than her in the country. She will be one of the best to ever lace them up for the women's team. Congrats to Geno and the girls on 100 straight, really fun team to watch. I enjoy watching this group more than any other women's team I can remember.
Thanks and we'll said. Come back again, we'll keep a light on.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I read on the Tennessee board, someone compared Gabby to Nina Davis. Thankfully, someone else said "She is better than Davis!"
True
But they're cut out of the same pattern
Davis is not having the sort of year she's had which is too bad
Very likable and skillful player

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It sells her short to say she's an incredible athlete.

She's an incredible basketball player who happens to have Olympic-level athleticism.
It does not sell her short. Develop a better understanding and appreciation of that phrase as she hopped right over the SC player at the top of the key. Coates, who is a terrific basketball player in not an incredible athlete. The phrase does do Gabby justice!

Reaction Score
I can't help but think that Gabby's moves often resemble ballet...it would be interesting to string them together in a Gabby only highlight video, maybe even set to music. (No I don't think I could DO it...) ;)

Reaction Score
Not if she hasn't earned it.
Agree. Suspect that's what she's working on right now. The one thing it's so blatantly obvious we're lacking is height. Azura has it, and she has AA/POY basketball talent and skills, so all she has to do is work as hard as everyone else.

Reaction Score
It does not sell her short. Develop a better understanding and appreciation of that phrase as she hopped right over the SC player at the top of the key. Coates, who is a terrific basketball player in not an incredible athlete. The phrase does do Gabby justice!

I'm not sure what point you think you're trying to make here. I'm simply saying "Gabby is a hell of a lot more than just an elite athlete".

Stanley Robinson on the men's side was an elite athlete. Gabby is that, plus exceptional basketball IQ and a desire and ability to improve skill-wise.

If she adds an outside shot next year, she will be the total package. Potential #1 WNBA draft pick.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Gabby will be a successful pro because she's always worth the price of admission...hope the Dream get a crack at her...
I like that!
I hope we can end the discussion of "she won't be able play inside at the next level..."
Really? Turner, Coates, Wilson and whoever else you want to throw in there.
Her potential opponents in the WNBA.
I would say she MORE than held her own.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Last night was the first women's game I've ever attended. I'm a fan of the team, and watch a good majority of their games. Seeing Gabby's athleticism in person absolutely blew me away. Television does not do her justice.

A lot of the TV crews working the games this year have said the same thing. I will have to make a trip next year to see a game in person! Haven't seen them in a few years, live.

Reaction Score
Agree. Suspect that's what she's working on right now. The one thing it's so blatantly obvious we're lacking is height. Azura has it, and she has AA/POY basketball talent and skills, so all she has to do is work as hard as everyone else.
As far as I know she is.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I'm 70, been watching Geno's teams since '95, so have seen some awesome players, but all I can say is I'm so glad I've lived long enough to see Gabby Williams play. TitleTown nailed it, she did it all tonight and more.
Augusta TC- I'm assuming you live in Augusta GA? We're part time Aiken So Carolinians- right next door!

Reaction Score
Augusta TC- I'm assuming you live in Augusta GA? We're part time Aiken So Carolinians- right next door!

I met some SC UConn fans last year in Columbia when I splurged and paid ridiculous $ to see my first (and likely only!) UConn game in person. Figured that living in Augusta that was likely to be the only chance I'd get to see that team. Best moment was near the end of the game when Mo turned to Geno who was coming unglued over a ref's call and looked at him with that super grin of hers and motioned with her hands, essentially saying "calm down, we got this coach".

Reaction Score
Rewinding down memory lane in the 2014-15 season against UCLA - got to see what might have been the first Geno sideline grin over a ridiculous Gabby point blank miss, rebound and jump a little closer to the rim put back. The camera panned only see it for a second but it was a grin, and a big one at that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom